Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,688 comments
Up until now, every car capable of receiving an engine swap has had only one possible engine available to it. With 1.52 that changes, as four of the ten swaps now offer a second engine to some vehicles.
So you're saying there's a chance for the 2001 Porsche 911 -> VW Beetle swap that was last seen in the pre-launch trailer (and, if memory serves, one of the missions)?

The full list:

・Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22| R26B-787B
・Mazda Roadster Touring Car | R26B-787B
・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15 | Evo-Final-Gr.B
・Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 | Demon-Challenger
・Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 | SR20DET-Silvia-S15
・Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car | VK45DE-GT-R
・Toyota 86 Gr.4 | VR38DETT-GT-R-NISMO
・Toyota 86 GRMN '16 | 3UZ-FE-SC430
・Toyota 86 GT '15 | K24A-Civic
・Toyota Hiace Van DX '16 | LS7-BRZ
So no new engines for the first time in a while? Guess the 10 additional, including multi swaps, make up for it.

The 86 grmn with lexus v8 is an absolute monster. Made a lemans setup, but it only gets too around 684pp max out with race soft. But on race hard it absolutely destroys the lemans race. Does an 3:49 with mediums in the race fuel 1. And 3:52 with fuel 1 on hard tyres.
It also laps the Nordschleife like an absolute madman. Really enjoy this swap.

Also the silvia touring car swap is really nice.
The 2 roadster 26b swaps are also quick. But not grmn lexus combi quick!

Fun fact:

Swapped Mitsubishi GTO have same hp when maxed out 1925b29e32873-37535F5657E8659071D.3DB30293049A0065_message_442395206529620_1728106275506.jpg

Last edited:
Just logging in to say im honestly shocked that PD did something i did not see coming: more than one engine swap per car. Slowly, very slowly PD is redeeming themselves. Never forget the horrible state of launch and the months after. But now the game is looking smooth sailing from here on out

I read the patch notes in game and was thinking "that must be a typo. I have the siliva q 88 with the brz swap. They meant the silvia K" but no. We get choice. Unbelievable. Was it even explictly mentioned anywhere that this update introduces multiple engine swaps? Seems like a huge feature to sneak in

This is unprecedented for a GT title and I am happy to see this. So many more engine swaps in future updates could spice up that backlog of useless cars that I do not want to sell. Might be worth holding them all

Also worth noting seems we will be getting many variations of cars as thought in that other thread last year. Similar to the skyline situation of yonder

Tho theyre sticking to the same drip feed model where the new evo mr doesnt have any engine swaps till later down the line. But im okay with this. As it gives time for stock vs stock evo battles to shine for a bit before inevitably everyone runs engine swaps in lobbies

I do wonder if them adding this evo meant they had time to try to fix the evo geometry bug. Or if we would have gotten this evo regardless of that bug existing. Kill two birds with one stone

with this update theyve changed some of the menu music. And the audio mix in brand central I believe has been adjusted slightly.

As for the gto having same HP maxed out swap vs same engine... Itll handle very differently. Chassis values are edited on swapped cars I believe. Its why you cant get the ol' toyota MR2 to wheelie with an engine swap. But can on the stock engine.

Edit the refinement of ideas

Controversial I know but i like having the new menu ost over more cars added. Gives it some nice nostalgic vibes.
If i could trade 7 cars vs the ost we now have.. Id keep the ost and get more cars later.

Last edited:
Back