Gran Turismo 7 Game Update is Coming May 11

• Thread starter Famine
  • 97 comments
Wow, I didn't expect this at all, I was pretty sure some urgent other fixes would have been done, like the orange mirrors on the AMG GT3 '20, get the Ford Roadster back in rotation, fix the alien SF drivers, so easy is not needed for a win in those races... this is disappointing. 😢

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't expect this at all, I was pretty sure some urgent other fixes would have been done, like the orange mirrors on the AMG GT3 '20, get the Ford Roadster back in rotation, fix the alien SF drivers, so easy is not needed for a win in those race... this is disappointing. 😢
What?

fix the alien SF drivers, so easy is not needed for a win in those race...

Oh, okay. I was thinking Sport mode since that's basically all I do.

Why do you have to deselect a gear?
That’s just how it works, press clutch, it goes into neutral on its own, let clutch out it stays in neutral. If I let the clutch out it should go back into the gear I was in but it doesn’t. And sometimes the clutch doesn’t even do anything.

What is wrong with it?
The cars come around in rotation too often and they don't cost enough.
Wonder if the speed of the SF23 AI will be adjusted. Majority of players, in this community, were/are having a hard time completing the races(it’s been recommended to complete those races on Easy difficulty). I’d imagine players outside of gtplanet, with no help, are scratching their heads.
I did it on Easy with an SF19, and probably could have outran them all on a Big Wheel.

Online play unbearable since release, grinding same 3 events-
What Is That John Leguizamo GIF by The Academy Awards

Times for e-sports not registering-

Fixing Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

That’s just how it works, press clutch, it goes into neutral on its own, let clutch out it stays in neutral. If I let the clutch out it should go back into the gear I was in but it doesn’t. And sometimes the clutch doesn’t even do anything.
Are you paddle shifting with the gearstick in Neutral and then stabbing the clutch only when you need to, by any chance?

Are you paddle shifting with the gearstick in Neutral and then stabbing the clutch only when you need to, by any chance?
I don’t have a shifter, paddle shifting, push clutch in, puts the car in neutral, stays in neutral even after letting clutch out. Pretty sure in project cars 2 you could press the clutch in, you’d get neutral or transmission disengaged, let it out and you are back on power. Seems silly to have to buy a shifter just to make the clutch work properly. I’ve been told that’s whats needed but I’ve also read that doesn’t fix it. It’s a video game, would be nice to buy a wheel and not have to buy a shifter so you can use your clutch. Lol

Unfortunatel, AI are still not at full throttle on road courses. The full throttle is only programmed for the starts. Maybe we’ll get it on day.

Full throttle as usual on SSRX. Custom Race

Custom Race

Arcade Mode

I don’t have a shifter, paddle shifting, push clutch in, puts the car in neutral, stays in neutral even after letting clutch out. Pretty sure in project cars 2 you could press the clutch in, you’d get neutral or transmission disengaged, let it out and you are back on power. Seems silly to have to buy a shifter just to make the clutch work properly. I’ve been told that’s whats needed but I’ve also read that doesn’t fix it. It’s a video game, would be nice to buy a wheel and not have to buy a shifter so you can use your clutch. Lol

Never tried using clutch with paddles, but I can 100% confirm that the clutch works exactly like it’s supposed to when using an H-pattern. It also seemed like they enhanced the realism concerning engine braking an update or 2 ago

Never tried using clutch with paddles, but I can 100% confirm that the clutch works exactly like it’s supposed to when using an H-pattern. It also seemed like they enhanced the realism concerning engine braking an update or 2 ago
Yeah I might get an H pattern shifter eventually. Its a shame we need to buy that to have the clutch work appropriately. Seems like an oversight.

I get that maybe cars with paddle shifters don’t have a clutch, but its a video game and we’re driving old cars that never had paddle shifters with a wheel that has paddle shifters so why not just make the clutch work how it should whether you use H pattern or paddle.

Last edited:
Oh right, I just assumed you had the whole set-up. What you've been told then, is right. Fully manual is turned on every time you touch the clutch... and stays on till you use the paddles... so as soon as you let the clutch out, it selects whatever gear the stick is in, not what gear the car was last in, as such you'd have to be shifting using the stick (rather than the paddles) to make sure you're in the correct gear when you lift the clutch.

Yeah I might get an H pattern shifter eventually. Its a shame we need to buy that to have the clutch work appropriately. Seems like an oversight.

Just getting the shifter won't be enough, you'd have to be using it too, you just can't mix paddle and clutch - you can switch between them on the fly, but you can't mix them.

edit: now I'm wondering if it's the same with the sequential shifter plate instead of the H pattern gate. edit 2: Yup, still wouldn't work.

Last edited:
Oh right, I just assumed you had the whole set-up. What you've been told then, is right. Fully manual is turned on every time you touch the clutch... and stays on till you use the paddles... so as soon as you let the clutch out, it selects whatever gear the stick is in, not what gear the car was last in, as such you'd have to be shifting using the stick (rather than the paddles) to make sure you're in the correct gear when you lift the clutch.

Just getting the shifter won't be enough, you'd have to be using it too, you just can't mix paddle and clutch - you can switch between them on the fly, but you can't mix them.

edit: now I'm wondering if it's the same with the sequential shifter plate instead of the H pattern gate. edit 2: Yup, still wouldn't work.

Unfortunately, the clutch doesn’t work in sequential mode. I try to drive every car authentically, which means still heel-toeing on down shifts when using a sequential gear box. I still do it for the fun if it tho

Thanks for confirming. That’s pretty lame. If a sale comes on I might buy one, but it’s still lame that PC2 worked that way and GT7 doesn’t.

They need to take the GTA approach and have all cars available at all times, and have the discount rates on cycle. Having to wait 9 months to buy a car is terrible game design.
So long as they don't take a GTA approach to pricing.

If you think the economy is inflated and you need to grind for anything in GT7, just try to buy a single added-in-an-update car or a business property in GTAO. Think like 50k per mission at absolute best and 2+ million for one of those.

Having to wait 9 months to buy a car is terrible game design.
Well… It depends on point of view.

In a way, having to wait and save excesses of credits does reflect the reality of being a car enthusiast.

While it’s far from a perfect reflection of life (that would effectively ruin the entire purpose of offering a game of any simulatory level). We are however presented with a similar situation of having to pick and choose, then hope the car of our dreams, in the spec that we want, will be available when we are ready.

That issue of availability has been part of Gran Turismo from the very beginning. Originally there was the wait for a rotation of used cars, and without an option to respray them we had to wait further, for cars to appear in the right color.
This is the GT way. Since 1997.

Personal preference aside I can certainly understand such possible reasoning. If that is what it is.
Especially against a stated ambition of making GT7 a mix of properties and feel from past and present.

Last edited:

In a way, having to wait and save excesses of credits does reflect the reality of being a car enthusiast.

While it’s far from a perfect reflection of life (that would effectively ruin the entire purpose of offering a game of any simulatory level). We are however presented with a similar situation of having to pick and choose, then hope the car of our dreams, in the spec that we want, will be available when we are ready.

That issue of availability has been part of Gran Turismo from the very beginning. Originally there was the wait for a rotation of used cars, and without an option to respray them we had to wait further, for cars to appear in the right color.

Personal preference aside I can certainly understand such possible reasoning. If that is what it is.
Especially against a stated ambition of making GT7 a mix of properties and feel from past and present.
I think any “simulator game” has to take into consideration it should be a condensed time frame.

If they are going for true simulator then why can I tune a 69 Camaro with full computer?

Why doesn’t it have its chrome trim on the drip rail and around the wheel wells?

Why am I able to paddle shift it but not use the clutch requiring me to buy an H pattern shifter?

Why can I set the lighting settings to 24x if I want that’s not realistic is it?

Why does the AI drive like I’m not even there and why do they start me at the back of the pack with the leader halfway around the track already, I’ve never seen a real race that does that?

I could go on and on obviously. Don’t get me wrong I love the game I think it’s great but the one thing that is getting old for me is having to earn the cars. I bought the game to drive the different cars not wish I had more time in my real life to grind the same three races over and over to earn enough credits for when and if the car I want shows up in legend cars, and the rinse and repeat. That aspect of the game is flawed.

It never used to take months to access cars - The UCD was in GT1 and GT2, but the selection was indexed to seven race cycles, so you could go through the rotation to find a car you wanted in a day or two just by entering and quitting races. Not waiting nine months.

So no, it didn't used to be this way in GT. This is the worst it's ever been. And it isn't done for realism, its done so PD can sell you microtransactions.

Back