Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
Watkins Glen took some effort, no stop on RH, FM1. P2 boxed on lap 10, so took the win by 11 secs.

Currently shouting at the AI around St Croix, they are just getting in the way lol
I ended up trying Watkins glen with the default softs. Tyres died by lap10 and the rear was very hit n miss. Came second by about a sec 😒 after 1 stop.
Second attempt on mediums seemed to be the best, zero stopper.. fm1.

Attachments

• 20230428_001702.jpg
    20230428_001702.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I've picked up a win at st. Croix to go with the win at Fuji. Watkins Glen was a bust. 18th.

For me Watkins was a breeze, 1 stopper on the softs, so much grip.

Fuji however is a nightmare. Can’t match the pace of the hardrunners on the same tyre, can’t make up the time 1-stopping on the softs. Basically have to run the softs or mediums and pray for enough rain to force the hardsrunners to pit.

Fuji however is a nightmare. Can’t match the pace of the hardrunners on the same tyre, can’t make up the time 1-stopping on the softs. Basically have to run the softs or mediums and pray for enough rain to force the hardsrunners to pit.
Thats how I won in fuji. Went softs for 7 laps and then RNJesus gave me a torrential rain.
But from what i've been reading, the ai in fuji is bugged. There are ai cars doing the full race in softs without going to the pits.

Hold on, you grinded  that much without using the CE rewards to help you out at all? :eek::confused::lol:
You should’ve seen me in the early days of GT7, Even after they nerfed some good paying events I still kept grinding.

I’ll have to double check later, but I’m pretty sure I racked up a couple thousand miles just rallying around Sardegna Windmills in my Focus Rally Car. :odd:

The only LCD car I missed first time around was the Mclaren F1 and that was because PD infamously dropped it and the 917K right next to each other in the LCD shortly after the previously mentioned nerf. :crazy:

When the CE Rewards got the huge buff we have now, I went and got all the huge payouts from them retroactively added and bought out the LCD picks at the time, including the Alfa 8C 2900B. 🤑

What difficulty are you playing on?

I can't win Fuji, either.

The invisible Boost parameters that the AI have in Gran Turismo just makes it unfair. At times they'll drive really stupid and slow down way too early for some corners, make random mistakes when you least expect it, or start infighting with each other costing them time and allowing you to catch up; most of the time, however, they drive a perfect race and slingshot ahead, seemingly running forever on the same set of tires while I'm driving my ass off and have to make a pit stop. May dial it down to Easy just to get the Menu Book completed.

The Glen was easy with a no-stopper on Racing Hards; the AI's line is not the best here, so you can take full advantage and catch up throughout the race lots of times, then when the leaders pit, you've got it in the bag. St. Croix was tricky with a one-stopper on Mediums; pit on Lap 6, one lap after the AI leaders do, then you'll usually end up like eight seconds behind them when you come out, but your fresher tires give you enough of an advantage to claw back for a win. Gotta drive perfect, though.

Last edited:

The invisible Boost parameters that the AI have in Gran Turismo just makes it unfair. At times they'll drive really stupid and slow down way too early for some corners, make random mistakes when you least expect it, or start infighting with each other costing them time and allowing you to catch up; most of the time, however, they drive a perfect race and slingshot ahead, seemingly running forever on the same set of tires while I'm driving my ass off and have to make a pit stop. May dial it down to Easy just to get the Menu Book completed.

The Glen was easy with a no-stopper on Racing Hards; the AI's line is not the best here, so you can take full advantage and catch up throughout the race lots of times, then when the leaders pit, you've got it in the bag. St. Croix was tricky with a two-stopper on Mediums; pit on Lap 6, one lap after the AI leaders do, then you'll usually end up like eight seconds behind them when you come out, but your fresher tires give you enough of an advantage to claw back for a win. Gotta drive perfect, though.

Yeah Watkins Glen was easy even on hardest difficulty, only one I've tried so far. Won by less than 1 sec due to driving like a pleb, but should have won by 16-20 secs.

Last edited:
What difficulty are you playing on?
Normal. I can beat the races on Hard but it takes a few more attempts and I have limited time, plus I didn't want to make the grind longer. I did have a 2nd go at Watkins on Hard and still won, though only by a few seconds. That car on softs round there is magic, flying through the bus stop in 6th with a tiny lift.

St Croix was a bit difficult at first but only because I have trouble with the track. Once I'd figured out a few dodgy corners it was quite straightforward on a softs 1-stopper.

I tried the SF19 on mediums last night at Fuji and couldn't get higher than 18th in the first few laps, I was a sitting duck on the straights. It also didn't help that I didn't have a customisable gearbox.

The Glen was easy with a no-stopper on Racing Hards; the AI's line is not the best here, so you can take full advantage and catch up throughout the race lots of times, then when the leaders pit, you've got it in the bag. St. Croix was tricky with a two-stopper on Mediums; pit on Lap 6, one lap after the AI leaders do, then you'll usually end up like eight seconds behind them when you come out, but your fresher tires give you enough of an advantage to claw back for a win. Gotta drive perfect, though.
Best chance you have is pray for a rainny day in fuji. I started in softs and change to intermediates by lap 8. Then heavy rain came, but the ai drivers didnt pit, so I went from 10th to 1st in like 10seconds. Got like 6s advance. But out of nowhere the 2nd place ai started catching me (me with IM tyres, ai with softs, track half wet witch should have favoured my IM tyres). But then by lap 14, complete surprise, all ai drivers pit 😲😲😲. Just did 15th and last lap and won by 49s.
In other tries where it didnt rain, simply couldnt catch the ai (softs and mediums I had to pit, when some ai went "nopit" and hards I was simply too slow).
Some players are saying there a bug where ai drivers do the full race in softs without pitting.

Best chance you have is pray for a rainny day in fuji. I started in softs and change to intermediates by lap 8. Then heavy rain came, but the ai drivers didnt pit, so I went from 10th to 1st in like 10seconds. Got like 6s advance. But out of nowhere the 2nd place ai started catching me (me with IM tyres, ai with softs, track half wet witch should have favoured my IM tyres). But then by lap 14, complete surprise, all ai drivers pit 😲😲😲. Just did 15th and last lap and won by 49s.
In other tries where it didnt rain, simply couldnt catch the ai (softs and mediums I had to pit, when some ai went "nopit" and hards I was simply too slow).
Some players are saying there a bug where ai drivers do the full race in softs without pitting.
This definitely!

Fuji is ridiculous and it took heavy rain to finally get the win. I risked staying out on the Intermediates for the last lap (the chasing cars 2nd, 3rd etc pitted at end of lap 13) and by the start of the last lap, I was about 19 seconds clear but at this point, I didn’t trust myself to pit so with pretty much destroyed IM tyres, I had to coast the last lap and ended up winning by just 2.5 seconds cause grip was non existent!

Just stopping by to say that I'm absolutely AMAZED by the XJ220. BEST handling supercar in the game. It is VERY impressive to me just how stable it is, especially under braking. I even beat the F1's time on the Nords with it, yes, it beat the McLaren F1! My mind is confused!

tenor (15).gif

Tried Fuji again with a one-stop, Softs both stints, and only managed to muster a 3rd. At least I got podium to complete the Menu Book but that doesn't make this race any less ridiculous. Not once did Hizal, the race leader AI, go into the pits. They drove the entire race on the same set of tires and finished 1st by 20 seconds ahead of me. Bonkers, PoDi. When will we have actual races that don't rely on opponents using magical value multipliers... :grumpy:

Just stopping by to say that I'm absolutely AMAZED by the XJ220. BEST handling supercar in the game. It is VERY impressive to me just how stable it is, especially under braking. I even beat the F1's time on the Nords with it, yes, it beat the McLaren F1! My mind is confused!

View attachment 1251715
The XJ220 had the record on the nurb for quite some years, and the F1 didn’t better that I think. Did you leave the XJ220 in stock condition?

View attachment 1251715
Watch out because idiots will try to disprove your claim. :D

Yeah, the Jag is extremely fast for its age and by far the best handling super car of that era in the game. Absolute gem. Instantly became one of my favorite cars to drive.

ever think we go thru 12 journeys for patches the whole year? Time flies fast, of course it's not even close to other things in life in terms of importance, but it's a nice return imo.

I can't wait to see how the car list will look at the end of the year. I'm realllyyy expecting the Lancer Evo 7, 8, or 9 to come back. It will look so fresh in this game

Latest Posts

Back