Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
seeing a lot about the new physics model... i wonder if it was an 'improve the bulk of the cars at the cost of the top end'. there were a lot of classic cars with 0 downforce which couldn't be saved by tuning - since the update many of these are now usable, even competitive at various levels. i haven't really driven the Gr. category cars since the update, but i am wondering if they need to recalibrate the BOP downforce values on everything to compensate. i also wonder, in a lot of the criticisms, if people just aren't too stubborn when it comes to trying out various assists. the impact of every assist seems to have drastically changed since the update, and their benefits/downsides seem to be a lot more user-specific than before. i pretty much have to tinker with all of them when driving a new car to sort out what is/isnt necessary. i have to think that, between this and the downforce model there are a lot of people who can't get back to how it felt. regardless, i dont think theres much point in ranked races in a game that incentivizes crashing and weave-blocking the other cars... so its road car races for me until all that is sorted.

i like that they add cars to the game, but boy am I tired of the “buy cars to win raffle tickets” game. and the thing where they add 3-5 races that are completely untied to the rest of the game has become confusing - theyre not even making menus for these anymore, forget about a new championship. i've come to accept that they're not going to add high-paying races, but this method of padding the 'content' is bizarre to me.

Last edited:
Looks like they’ve updated Fuji. I’m sure that apartment building wasn’t there before
1682518720662.png

Yeah I was just looking at this. I think you're right.

With the arrival of the new Super Formulas, I hope that PD will now focus on bringing the new and old GT300 and GT500, who knows the two remaining DTM cars of the 2019 season.

Furthermore, the addition of the AMG GT3 Evo is hope for the 488 GT3/GTE and 911 GT3 R to finally appear!

Last edited:
i like that they add cars to the game, but boy am I tired of the “buy cars to win raffle tickets” game. and the thing where they add 3-5 races that are completely untied to the rest of the game has become confusing - theyre not even making menus for these anymore, forget about a new championship. i've come to accept that they're not going to add high-paying races, but this method of padding the 'content' is bizarre to me.
I like how Yamauchi said "We would like to try and avoid a situation where players mechanically repeat races over and over" nearly 12 months ago, while remaining insistent on adding only 45min to an hours worth of new races each month.

There is SO much wasted potential in this game.

I like how Yamauchi said "We would like to try and avoid a situation where players mechanically repeat races over and over" nearly 12 months ago, while remaining insistent on adding only 45min to an hours worth of new races each month.

There is SO much wasted potential in this game.
I love reading the dialogue and the description of the cars in the Cafe/Brand Central/LCD/UCD. Last update I realized that I spent more time reading about the new cars than doing the new events and that's counting the 2 laps in Nurburgring. :lol:

I would love to see this new Super Formula event as a 40 lap race at Fuji, but we all know the event is likely to be a 10-lap race with tire/fuel multiplier and with rain between laps 4-6, with the 1st place starting 25 seconds ahead of you. :banghead:

The only thing we can do to mitigate that is spend 20 million to buy 20 copies of SF cars and try to tune each car so we can recreate the series using custom races.

I love reading the dialogue and the description of the cars in the Cafe/Brand Central/LCD/UCD. Last update I realized that I spent more time reading about the new cars than doing the new events and that's counting the 2 laps in Nurburgring. :lol:

I would love to see this new Super Formula event as a 40 lap race at Fuji, but we all know the event is likely to be a 10-lap race with tire/fuel multiplier and with rain between laps 4-6, with the 1st place starting 25 seconds ahead of you. :banghead:

The only thing we can do to mitigate that is spend 20 million to buy 20 copies of SF cars and try to tune each car so we can recreate the series using custom races.
Yeah the main agreement you get back regarding the lack of events is to just create custom races but the problem is that custom races are another thing that is broken with this game.
I have been using it a bit lately to test out tyre/fuel strategies for a league I'm in and one thing I have noticed is the amount of AI manipulation is ridiculous even with the boost setting OFF.
Whenever the AI pits ahead of me all of a sudden it will be lapping 4 seconds a lap faster and pulling off laps that are not humanly possible. When I watch back on the replay you can see on one lap the AI will be doing 250km/h when redlining in 5th but once they are behind all of a sudden they are reaching 280m/h at the same redline. That is some serious gearbox manipulation happening mid race. On the other end of the spectrum, when you pit ahead of the AI you can definately notice them slow down for you and within a few laps you have caught back up.
So saying this it's impossible to set up a good custom race with tyre and fuel wear to create any interesting races with good strategy simply due to the way the AI is manipulated. The funny thing is that if these manipulations werent in place, the AI is actually quite fast and gives a descent challenge..

Yeah the main agreement you get back regarding the lack of events is to just create custom races but the problem is that custom races are another thing that is broken with this game.
I have been using it a bit lately to test out tyre/fuel strategies for a league I'm in and one thing I have noticed is the amount of AI manipulation is ridiculous even with the boost setting OFF.
Whenever the AI pits ahead of me all of a sudden it will be lapping 4 seconds a lap faster and pulling off laps that are not humanly possible. When I watch back on the replay you can see on one lap the AI will be doing 250km/h when redlining in 5th but once they are behind all of a sudden they are reaching 280m/h at the same redline. That is some serious gearbox manipulation happening mid race. On the other end of the spectrum, when you pit ahead of the AI you can definately notice them slow down for you and within a few laps you have caught back up.
So saying this it's impossible to set up a good custom race with tyre and fuel wear to create any interesting races with good strategy simply due to the way the AI is manipulated. The funny thing is that if these manipulations werent in place, the AI is actually quite fast and gives a descent challenge..
Yeah, the rubberband is unnecessarily strong. In the Custom Race thread by @05XR8 there are some setups that counter-balance it, but it can be a bit time consuming.

I have both 2008 and 2016 SuperGT series and I think it's hilariously to see how fast the AI is with those cars, especially under rain.

When I look at some other racing games, if I pick the hardest difficulty, I need to prove myself that I'm fast enough to beat the AI. They won't slow down or do crazy fast laps. Maybe there's some form of rubberband in those games, but it's still an enjoyable experience. If I beat them it's because I was fast enough and if I didn't, then I need to be faster.

GT7 rubberband reminds me a lot of older ps2/3 games, where in a blink of an eye you are either 1 lap ahead or with the AI 0.1s behind you. Without tunning the cars, custom races by default aren't very fun. It's kinda lame when you know the AI will slow down because you made a mistake or they will start doing impossible laps because you're too far ahead.

I wish PD could see custom races like the playerbase does. They're like a huge sandbox. Having the throttle and tire bugs fixed would be nice, but I'm always skeptical because GT7 is 1 year old and the only treatment we got so far was the option to save the race settings/grid.

Yeah, the rubberband is unnecessarily strong. In the Custom Race thread by @05XR8 there are some setups that counter-balance it, but it can be a bit time consuming.
Can you point me in the right directions mate (page #/link)? Trying to look now but thread is like 46 pages:lol:

I like hypercar parade events + on interlagos so this is good actually, also super formula events are nice addition but again… not enough, what happened with 3 menu books each having 3 events updates?

Also still no group 2 event :(

I like hypercar parade events + on interlagos so this is good actually, also super formula events are nice addition but again… not enough, what happened with 3 menu books each having 3 events updates?

Well there's only one Menu book being added for SF which has 3 events, then there are 2 "extra menu's" that don't have races as per all the previous "extra menus"

No events for the Red Bull X-cars or the old F1 cars either. 😩

I still find it odd that Polyphony didn't make their own version of a stock car, like they did with the 80's Grand Prix car.

NASCAR licence be damned, build a stock car and have events at the speedway tracks you have in the game, and at Laguna Seca, Watkins Glen etc.

Have events where people can get the drive 500 mile on a oval trophy...

Might not be in that thread, but instead in the tuning forum. Here's Group A tunes and Touring Car Masters.

It's a bit old by now. Have you been doing any custom races recently @05XR8 ? I think those tunes might need a little change here and there.

I also remember using tunes from @Stakado for custom gr.4 series.
I haven’t done any of the Touring Car Masters tunes in a while. The Group A tunes are pretty much the same. The tunes are a baseline set up. Keeping the power figures and fitting the recommend parts as is, will still yield similar results: good battles with AI

So, here we go again. Didn't have that many tickets worth keeping this time around.

Futcz-yWwAEtQn5

Happy about the LT4 since I still needed one for the TVR engine swap. Got shafted by the six star ticket though, was hoping for one of the VGTs I'm still missing.

Last edited:
So, here we go again. Didn't have that many tickets worth keeping this time around.

Futcz-yWwAEtQn5

Happy about the LT4 since I still needed one for the TVR engine swap. Got shafted by the six star ticket though, was hoping for one of the VGTs I'm still missing.
How are you guys re-rolling your tickets? I've heard it a few times today but haven't ever done it myself. I thought that once you redeem one that was it, its gone

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back