Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,978 comments
Finally got the entire 2008 Super GT Season, with 6 Lexus SC430s, 5 GTRs and 5 NSXs.

The total cost of this grid comes to Cr.13,800,00.

Golding the Time Trials has funded these cars nicely, with each Gold rewarding you with Cr.2,000,000 each time.

View attachment 1291368View attachment 1291369View attachment 1291370View attachment 1291371View attachment 1291372
Really wish we'd have these as extra colors/livery variations in their respective color selection in a future update. The same also applies to the Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM.

Last edited:
Take your Honda home. 😜

View attachment 1291415
Make sure you pop in and get your ASIMO figure :D - I got one in April, couldn't leave my boy behind after his cheeky appearance in the old GT games.

1696078620471.png

Answering a question nobody asked, I was curious which car was the fastest going backwards. The Roadster Rampage was quick but that was tested a year ago, some swaps have demolished it since!

Update 1.31 screwed the physics so driving backwards is tricky, you have to straightline it from a standstill or the cars wobble at speed... except the F40 for some reason.

The old Tokyo Route 246 layout is not possible anymore, unless PD just ups the graphics of the old version.

View attachment 1291402View attachment 1291403View attachment 1291404View attachment 1291405View attachment 1291406

The road near the palace has been turned into a pedestrian walkway. New layout would add a new hairpin a bit further on.

But hope PD would recreate these roads and and weather and full 24 hour timecycle.

That would actually improve their chances of putting in the game lol. They love adding longer straights and hairpins for passing opportunities

I remember Kaz saying city tracks take much more time to make than regular ones and it's not very efficient use of resources. So Tokyo Expressway will probably remain the only city track for now. Unless this is the exact reason why new track is taking so long.
I still have a very tiny bit of hope or rather cope that we will one day receive a upscaled proper version of the New York track or even the Seoul one though at this point it's very unlikely.

... or Seattle Goddamnit.

Sorry. Been asking for it for what feels like 20 years.
Seattle as it was before from GT2-GT4 wouldn't be possible due to the work done there since then (It think it had something to do with the Aqueduct or something).

Actually, that makes me curious as to how many of the classic street tracks could even be redone as they were before now after finding out that Tokyo R246 would definitely not be possible in its original layout.

Last edited:
Seattle as it was before from GT2-GT4 wouldn't be possible due to the work done there since then (It think it had something to do with the Aqueduct or something).
Yeah but I was responding to the member's saying that it'd be cool to receive upscaled versions of a couple o' tracks.

I'd be more-than-happy to get a higher-res version of Seattle as it was back in the day. Hang on...what am I saying?!? I'd be stoked!

Last edited:
Yeah but I was responding to the member's saying that it'd be cool to receive upscaled versions of a couple o' tracks.

I'd be more-than-happy to get a higher-res version of Seattle as it was back in the day. Hang on...what am I saying?!? I'd be stoked!
My one issue is if its even possible to do so without it looking...gross. This is a track that would effectively be 2 whole console generations old so I feel like its asking alot to take a track from the PS2 and simply upscale it to work on the PS5. And given the leap between said platforms, it would make the whole Standards vs Premium issue on GT5 look tame in comparison if its not done well.

Why in some car the clutch doesnt work? Even if it is a manual trasmission car and also if we look the animatin in the coockpit…but then clutch doesn’t work and work just as a sequential trasmission.

Well if you want a definitive answer to the question "does PD care about forza?", you got it with this update. Just another one of those we are used to.
Forza motorsport releases, in early acess, next week.

Well, what’s the answer? I always had the impression that GT doesn’t try to compete with Forza but this update suggests they actually might. The FK8 Civic is being used to market Forza and here we have the FL5 in GT7.

Finally got to play Wreckfest, I forgot how much I missed Flatout 2 type of racing. And great music in races 🤘🔥 Welp this will be my go to game. I shall become the rammer then 😁😈. It is the same for everyone, the only rules are that there are no rules 😏. Even Single Player is nice imo, not tried Multiplayer yet.

Quitting GTWS after current season, after that only doing in GT7 league races and TTs, or lobby fun with friends. And testing update content/new added races. Dailies I have not done in a long time, except when I increased my SR after a manu ragequit rd.1.

Last edited:
The old Tokyo Route 246 layout is not possible anymore, unless PD just ups the graphics of the old version.

View attachment 1291402View attachment 1291403View attachment 1291404View attachment 1291405View attachment 1291406

The road near the palace has been turned into a pedestrian walkway. New layout would add a new hairpin a bit further on.

But hope PD would recreate these roads and and weather and full 24 hour timecycle.

it seems that the white guardrails blocking the road can be moved if needed (see last picture), at least from the eastside.

As of this writing, two pieces have been removed by the police or palace guards and it seems they are waiting for cars to come by to the palace.

But even if the rails can be moved, part of the road has been repaved with stoneblocks and is convex in shape from the middle. So even if PD were to retain the original layout, there would be a small hump in the middle of the track.

Also, didn't find Asimo, they were sold out.

Last edited:
Well, what’s the answer? I always had the impression that GT doesn’t try to compete with Forza but this update suggests they actually might. The FK8 Civic is being used to market Forza and here we have the FL5 in GT7.
Same ordinary update with 3 lausy new events? Highly suggestive that PD doesn't care.
At least they should have made more events than usual. And Meaningful ones. It cant be that hard to create.

Why in some car the clutch doesn't work? Even if it is a manual transmission car and also if we look the animation in the cockpit…but then clutch doesn’t work and work just as a sequential transmission.
There're several cars which have that kind of mistake. What car did you mean?

But even if the rails can be moved, part of the road has been repaved with stoneblocks and is convex in shape from the middle. So even if PD were to retain the original layout, there would be a small hump in the middle of the track.
That's not insurmountable; PD has been using AI to create road junctions on fictional tracks and there's no particular reason they couldn't resurface a stretch.

Also that's pretty normal for roads. It's called "crowning" and it helps drain water to the edges - although residential streets tend to have steeper cants than highways.

I really don’t understand why Polyphony won’t, at the very least, release a statement indicating that they are aware of the server issues that is making Sport Mode unplayable for many of us.

When I try to join a race, 4 out of 5 times it crashes and it’s the same for many other people.

Among the races I'd like to see (and that they could/should add) are:
  • Le Mans Gr. 1 (maybe with LMPs on the layout with chicanes, and a race with just the old Group C cars on the layout without... anyway, right now, it's a shame not to have a Gr. 1 race there) ;
  • Blue Moon Bay Infield A Gr. 4/WTC 700 (and maybe also Gr. 3/WTC 800, but it's a bit too short a route, more suitable for Gr. 4);
  • Brands Hatch GP Size 3/WTC 800;
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix B Gr. 3/WTC 800;
  • Deep Forest Gr. 3/WTC 800 (already in the championship);
  • Dragon Trail Gardens Gr. 3/WTC 800 (but we already have a Gr. 4 race there and a Gr. 3 race in Seaside, I know);
  • Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa Gr. 3/WTC 800 (maybe also Gr. 4/WTC 700);
  • Road Atlanta Gr. 3/WTC 800 (as above, maybe also Gr. 4/WTC 700);
  • Mount Panorama Gr. 3/WTC 800 (possibly endurance);
  • Trial Mountain Gr. 3/WTC 800 and Gr. 4/WTC700 (already in both respective championships);
  • Nurburgring GP Size 3/WTC 800 and Size 4/WTC 700;
  • Red Bull Ring Size 3/WTC 800;
  • Laguna Seca Gr. 3/WTC 800...
+1 on this! I just made an overview of all Gr.4 and Gr.3 races in GT7 to not have to flicker between the continents and pop in and out of tracks all the time to remember where everything was... And it's shocking how few WTC 700 races there actually are! Only 7 events - compared to 16 WTC 800 events, which is also still criminally underrepresented. I want to put my favourite two Porsches on more tracks, please! 😅

Last edited:
Among the races I'd like to see (and that they could/should add) are:
  • Le Mans Gr. 1 (maybe with LMPs on the layout with chicanes, and a race with just the old Group C cars on the layout without... anyway, right now, it's a shame not to have a Gr. 1 race there) ;
  • Blue Moon Bay Infield A Gr. 4/WTC 700 (and maybe also Gr. 3/WTC 800, but it's a bit too short a route, more suitable for Gr. 4);
  • Brands Hatch GP Size 3/WTC 800;
  • Circuit de Sainte-Croix B Gr. 3/WTC 800;
  • Deep Forest Gr. 3/WTC 800 (already in the championship);
  • Dragon Trail Gardens Gr. 3/WTC 800 (but we already have a Gr. 4 race there and a Gr. 3 race in Seaside, I know);
  • Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa Gr. 3/WTC 800 (maybe also Gr. 4/WTC 700);
  • Road Atlanta Gr. 3/WTC 800 (as above, maybe also Gr. 4/WTC 700);
  • Mount Panorama Gr. 3/WTC 800 (possibly endurance);
  • Trial Mountain Gr. 3/WTC 800 and Gr. 4/WTC700 (already in both respective championships);
  • Nurburgring GP Size 3/WTC 800 and Size 4/WTC 700;
  • Red Bull Ring Size 3/WTC 800;
  • Laguna Seca Gr. 3/WTC 800...
GOD, hear this soul in pain. Relieve him of his suffering and giveth the mercy he deserves.

Just a general question, why don’t they program a rear view on some cars, MC20, F50 etc, and others they do a rear view through the window? Also with the side mirrors, why don’t they let you use the mirrors? Must be some reason

Just a general question, why don’t they program a rear view on some cars, MC20, F50 etc, and others they do a rear view through the window? Also with the side mirrors, why don’t they let you use the mirrors? Must be some reason
Probably keeping the view similar to the VR making it a little narrow?

Last edited:
I always play with camera movement on so I can look around the car and check the mirrors with the right stick. As to why some cars have no interior rear view, I don't know, it bothers me too. In many race cars with no rear glass, it's understandable, but that doesn't explain some road cars. The Huayra has a tiny rear window, and gets a rear view mostly dominated by the rear speakers, which is beautiful, if a bit impractical. It doesn't sound like good publicity to suggest the MC20 has poorer rear visibility than a Huayra... show us the holey window!

Last edited:
I always play with camera movement on so I can look around the car and check the mirrors with the right stick. As to why some cars have no interior rear view, I don't know, it bothers me too. In many race cars with no rear glass, it's understandable, but that doesn't explain some road cars. The Huayra has a tiny rear window, and gets a rear view mostly dominated by the rear speakers, which is beautiful, if a bit impractical. It doesn't sound like good publicity to suggest the MC20 has poorer rear visibility than a Huayra... show us the holey window!
Thanks, I’m just curious to what their reasoning is. The Veneno is modeled and you can hardly see anything out the back 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back