Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,433 comments
System update just hit my PS5. Don't those usually/sometimes precede a game update?

Everyone might wanna pop one o' them hypium/hopium/copium tablets!

Don't those usually/sometimes precede a game update?
Not directly, no:

PS5 FW 7.2 - April 20
GT7 1.32 - April 27 [content]
GT7 1.33 - May 11
GT7 1.34 - May 25 [content]
PS5 FW 7.4 - June 7
GT7 1.35 - June 29 [content]
PS5 FW 7.6 - July 20
GT7 1.36 - August 7 [content]
PS5 FW 7.61 - August 10
GT7 1.37 - August 31
PS5 FW 8.0 - September 13
GT7 1.38 - September 28 [content]
GT7 1.39 - October 13

That's the last five PS5 firmware updates, and as you can see they may all be followed by GT7 updates but the period varies greatly from a week (the smallest interval) to three weeks (the largest). Moreover, not all of these GT7 updates are content updates (1.37) and not all GT7 updates are preceded by a PS5 FW update (1.33, 1.34, 1.39).

My 918 "Spider" in one of the locations I saw most this week. ;) Good luck to the franchise!

View attachment 1296930
(I'm sure you noticed the Empire State Building in the background...)
I made this simple tribute above within the Gran Turismo to this other great Sony franchise and I was laughing when I saw the GT7 alongside Spider Man in Vinicuis Jr's video. (Insomniac will make a special suit for him).

Vinijr.png

Last edited:
I can't smell what's cooking yet...

Just 4 days until the 4th anniversary of Gran Turismo's best Hallowe'en: GT Sport 1.47.
The day that brought Spa, the diesel Demio, the Red Pig, the Taycan and the Aventador SV!

Short of a sudden "jumpscare" update, I don't think this 31/10 will match 2019's, as it's looking like 1.40 will come in early November, much like the 1.36 Julaugust update. Fingers crossed for an AZ-1 or something else cool this Octember.

I can't smell what's cooking yet...

Just 4 days until the 4th anniversary of Gran Turismo's best Hallowe'en: GT Sport 1.47.
The day that brought Spa, the diesel Demio, the Red Pig, the Taycan and the Aventador SV!

Short of a sudden "jumpscare" update, I don't think this 31/10 will match 2019's, as it's looking like 1.40 will come in early November, much like the 1.36 Julaugust update. Fingers crossed for an AZ-1 or something else cool this Octember.
In any case, it will definitely not arrive after November. It's 100% sure that the update is on the next month, most likely on the first Thursday of the month, if not later on. That said, it won't be later than late November

Now it’s most unlikely but I wonder if his tweet has “annoyed” PD and are therefore delaying it as punishment?

Again to reiterate, this is probably most unlikely but just a small theory…
More likely they have run into some late in process quality assurance issues.
If it is indeed a big update, it likely contains new functionality. If they discovered quality issues late before the release, that could explain a delay.
But as PD never ever lowers itself to the point of communicating with their customers, we will never know.

If it is indeed a big update, it likely contains new functionality. If they discovered quality issues late before the release, that could explain a delay.
But as PD never ever lowers itself to the point of communicating with their customers, we will never know.

Absolutely baseless speculation given there was no date or even an update announced.
The most likely scenario is that they never intended to release an update this month.

Why are we calling this a delay?

Last edited:
Hey. I feel like I have a base for my speculation hence it’s not baseless.
I was also talking about leakers in general.

Either way it’s not the point and also not the gotcha moment you seem to think it is.

Peace.
Edit:

All sorted. The nefarious character in question is not a twitter user, so no need to drag this through the mud. I'm sure the perceptive can figure out who that 'other' may be.

Last edited:
Considering he has said in this forum he does it to bridge a gap in communication for the community, I would say that yes, assuming the worst of their character is baseless and if anything is just downright rude.
And don't act like you are talking in general when your initial comment specifies 'this' community.

Last edited:
I bet the new functionalities are B-spec and full implementation of Sophy AI

Back