Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
On a non-update subject, it was mentioned before about exact locations of fictional tracks being available through the weather radar. So I booted up each of the fictional locations and looked at their radars, and have compiled the locations below in case anybody was curious:

• Alsace is roughly 10km south of Strasbourg, just a tad north of the Pierre Pfimlin Bridge
  • Lago Maggiore is unsurprisingly near Lake Maggiore, just southeast of the town of Piancavallo, Italy
  • Blue Moon Bay is in Half Moon Bay, California
  • Broad Bean Raceway is between Aioiyama Park and the Tenpaku River in Nagoya, Japan
  • Sainte-Croix is next to the Sainte-Croix lake in France. Shocking, I know. Interestingly the map is all on land, they don't have the bridge crossing the lake on the weather radar.
  • Colorado Springs is east of the I-25 between the towns of Colorado Springs and Pueblo, Colorado
  • Fishermans Ranch is just south of Patagonia Lake State Park in Arizona
  • Sardegna Windmills is about 5km north-east-east of Oliena (on the isle of Sardinia, of course)
  • Sardegna Road Track is in the exact same place. Like, the exact same place, you should see the other if you're racing on one. Which is probably the hint to not try and read too much into these map placings.
  • Deep Forest is by Churwalden in Switzerland
  • Dragon Trail is between Baška Voda and Promajna on the coast in Croatia
  • Grand Valley is positioned on the real Highway 1 in Monterey, California. Roughly adjacent to the Sea Otter refuge.
  • High Speed Ring is next to Lake Kussharo on the Japanese island of Hokkaido
  • Kyoto Driving Park is a couple of km north-east of the city of Kyoto itself
  • Northern Isle is in the city centre of Dallas, it's in the middle of the big interstate intersection
  • Route X is on the coast between LA and San Diego, closer to San Diego.
  • Tokyo Expressway is in Tokyo. More specifically, like Sardegna, they are all in the same place, which is overlapping where the Imperial Palace is in real life. That was amusing to me. It's also very very close to where R246's roads are in real life, but the fact they are all in the same place means we shouldn't use that to speculate IMO.
  • Trial Mountain is at the southern end of Wawona Road just past the southern entrance to Yosemite National Park
I hope that's been interesting to someone. My takeaway is I didn't realise just how much PD seem to love putting tracks either in California, next to a body of water, or both.
Grand Valley always reminds me of the old movie Its a Mad Mad World shot in California i think

madmad world.jpg

Last edited:
DK
It's not the flavour text itself that's the issue, it's that each "character" has to have specific cars at each performance tier, show up in specific races and start from a specific position, it's taken the variety out of each race, and has created a very constrictive yet bare-bones "lore".
Again though, that's not a difficult thing to achieve. You only need the front car to be passable by the player at some point late in the race. The AI cars have always been individually set up, with specific modifiers and setups in past GT games even before the chase the rabbit format was introduced. You balance the AI you want to be rabbit and work backwards from that.

On a non-update subject, it was mentioned before about exact locations of fictional tracks being available through the weather radar. So I booted up each of the fictional locations and looked at their radars, and have compiled the locations below in case anybody was curious:

• Alsace is roughly 10km south of Strasbourg, just a tad north of the Pierre Pfimlin Bridge
  • Lago Maggiore is unsurprisingly near Lake Maggiore, just southeast of the town of Piancavallo, Italy
  • Blue Moon Bay is in Half Moon Bay, California
  • Broad Bean Raceway is between Aioiyama Park and the Tenpaku River in Nagoya, Japan
  • Sainte-Croix is next to the Sainte-Croix lake in France. Shocking, I know. Interestingly the map is all on land, they don't have the bridge crossing the lake on the weather radar.
  • Colorado Springs is east of the I-25 between the towns of Colorado Springs and Pueblo, Colorado
  • Fishermans Ranch is just south of Patagonia Lake State Park in Arizona
  • Sardegna Windmills is about 5km north-east-east of Oliena (on the isle of Sardinia, of course)
  • Sardegna Road Track is in the exact same place. Like, the exact same place, you should see the other if you're racing on one. Which is probably the hint to not try and read too much into these map placings.
  • Deep Forest is by Churwalden in Switzerland
  • Dragon Trail is between Baška Voda and Promajna on the coast in Croatia
  • Grand Valley is positioned on the real Highway 1 in Monterey, California. Roughly adjacent to the Sea Otter refuge.
  • High Speed Ring is next to Lake Kussharo on the Japanese island of Hokkaido
  • Kyoto Driving Park is a couple of km north-east of the city of Kyoto itself
  • Northern Isle is in the city centre of Dallas, it's in the middle of the big interstate intersection
  • Route X is on the coast between LA and San Diego, closer to San Diego.
  • Tokyo Expressway is in Tokyo. More specifically, like Sardegna, they are all in the same place, which is overlapping where the Imperial Palace is in real life. That was amusing to me. It's also very very close to where R246's roads are in real life, but the fact they are all in the same place means we shouldn't use that to speculate IMO.
  • Trial Mountain is at the southern end of Wawona Road just past the southern entrance to Yosemite National Park
I hope that's been interesting to someone. My takeaway is I didn't realise just how much PD seem to love putting tracks either in California, next to a body of water, or both.
It’s interesting what Polyphony Digital did with Special Route Stage X. Because judging by the map, the location is clearly on the military base, Camp Pendleton. But judging by the topography and windmills, they took artistic license and mixed in a healthy dose of the Tehachapi Mountains right by Willow Springs, as well as the topography that surrounds the Salton Sea area…which their photographer’s and devs clearly went to based on the scapes locations IG

Well played PD 😎🇺🇸

Another thing that points to November 2nd is that Polyphony like to have a new regular online time trial for an update car the same day as the update itself.
The event at the Alsace Test Course expires in 8 days, which would be Thursday November 2nd.

As for the silhouettes, the window for those is either this weekend, or early next week. If I had to guess I'd say the latter.

Japan Mobility show is from October 26-November 5. Wouldn’t be surprised if a couple concepts from Toyota and Mazda are added in a next update.

Not only that, the Hyper Force concept was seen in GT7 game footage, suggesting it will come to the game eventually.

The Nissan HyperForce looks scary, like a digital chimera of CyberTruck, GT-R Italdesign, and R30 Super Silhouette, but such a unique concept car is a welcome addition.
The "Tomica Skyline" livery would definitely suit this car.

I hope they add other notable show cars in future updates, such as the Mazda Iconic SP, Honda Prelude, Toyota FT-Se, Daihatsu Vision Copen, and Subaru SPORT MOBILITY Concept.
The Mazda Iconic SP in particular is beautiful.
I would also like a Gr.3 or Gr.4 of this modern FD3S.

The Nissan HyperForce looks scary, like a digital chimera of CyberTruck, GT-R Italdesign, and R30 Super Silhouette, but such a unique concept car is a welcome addition.
The "Tomica Skyline" livery would definitely suit this car.

I hope they add other notable show cars in future updates, such as the Mazda Iconic SP, Honda Prelude, Toyota FT-Se, Daihatsu Vision Copen, and Subaru SPORT MOBILITY Concept.
The Mazda Iconic SP in particular is beautiful.
I would also like a Gr.3 or Gr.4 of this modern FD3S.
The Hyper Force to me is like: take the NIO EP9 and make it a Nissan GT-R (they both have 1,341hp or one megawatt of power).

Looking back from May '23 posts.
There’s a bunch of SUVs and Vans they could be sitting on. The Alphard are in those Scapes too. Forester, CX5, Toyota GRMN Century, Toyota C-HR, Land Cruiser L70, Toyota RAV4. I think the Honda HR-V or CR-V are in there. Plus, some Kei Vans.

We‘ll have to wait and see.
We got a couple vans that are seen in the Tomica village scapes. So, PD are keen to add vans in this game. That Nissan Concept van would fly.

To add from January '22:
Vans. We only got the Odyssey, Espace and VW. The HIACE would be fun.

There are also some cool performance themed vans.

Renault Trafic F1 edition
View attachment 1109590

Ford Transit M-Sport
View attachment 1109591

M-Sport Connect
View attachment 1109594

Mercedes Vito diesel & EV
View attachment 1109595

The partnership with Toyota probably helped. It would be cool if more of their partnerships bring more vans to the game.

Polyphony helped Nissan with the GTR display and I'm so glad that we can see the same display in all it's glory in GT7, right guys? It's not like it was functional on the PS3, 13 years ago.

Looking at GT7, we can say the HUD is perfect: 2 incredible options for you to pick between "what the hell is happening in the race?" and "what the hell is happening with my car?", not to mention the most useful odometer I've seen in a racing games with a red/blue bar without RPMs numbers. Thanks, very useful!

Anyway, here's an actual question: who else noticed the green hills on StageX in that video? :lol:

Anyway, here's an actual question: who else noticed the green hills on StageX in that video? :lol:
Raises hand 🙋‍♂️

Are the windmills new/for the trailer, too? I thought maybe it was because the car is electric and Nissan (I imagine) wanted to show natural and flourishing greenery.

Last edited:
Conspiracy theory time,those tracks are from a GT8 build
In Nissan’s video, there was a little piece of text in the bottom left corner during the gameplay sequences which said “GRAN TURISMO 7 © SCEI”, so I imagine they changed them for the presentation, or maybe they will be added as an alternate version. Would be cool.

Not only that, the Hyper Force concept was seen in GT7 game footage, suggesting it will come to the game eventually.

Ah, but is it GT7 game footage or CGI embedded into a GT7 game environment?

The Nurburgring shots looked like they were lifted straight out of an update trailer.
I agree, the environment looks like GT7, but what about the car that's in it?

Given PD's involvement, it wouldn't surprise me if it did come to GT7 at somepoint, but something about the car in those shots seems a bit off.

Last edited:
I agree, the environment looks like GT7, but what about the car that's in it?

Given PD's involvement, it wouldn't surprise me if it did come to GT7 at somepoint, but something about the car in those shots seems a bit off.
A view by many would be, the car itself is a bit off.

Back