Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,439 comments
They're not BoP, maybe they should be. Interested to see how it shapes up
I think this could be a good idea for one-makes, though then it could gate out people who aren't good enough to beat the AI at an equal level. Swings and roundabouts I suppose. I'm very curious to see the event variety for the weeklies going forward - I'm sure they won't all be one makes.

I think this could be a good idea for one-makes, though then it could gate out people who aren't good enough to beat the AI at an equal level. Swings and roundabouts I suppose. I'm very curious to see the event variety for the weeklies going forward - I'm sure they won't all be one makes.
The only problem with all cars being identical is the fact that in GT you still have to start from the back all the time. Change that and it would be a good challenge

For those who don't like big wings on sport cars, install this small one - Type B - to block the action of the original moving wing.

Polyphony Digital Tokyo Office_.jpeg

I would love to have this for the Aston Martin One-77, Jaguar F-Type, Veyron, Chiron...

Last edited:
I did the Le Mans race this morning on my new Samsung TV and on the straight I pressed the info button on the remote which gave me an on screen frame counter which told me I was getting 95-105 fps. I quit and went back to options in GT7 and selected frame rate mode instead of graphics and ray tracing mode. These modes are only supposed to effect replay mode. Imagine my surprise when I ran the race again and I got 120 fps on the straight. I changed the mode back and it went back to 95-105. VRR was on so I switched it off and tried again and now get a solid 120 fps in graphics mode.
The Framerate / Quality toggle does affect the gameplay when 120hz and VRR is engaged. Per the Digital Foundry video it's basically:

VRR + 120hz + Quality: Same resolution and everything as base game, just unlocked framerate. 60-90FPS
VRR + 120hz + Performance: 1440p, 100-120FPS
120hz + Quality: 1440p, 100-120FPS
120hz + Framerate: 1200p, 120FPS

So in short you get solid 120FPS in graphics mode with VRR off because it's running the exact same settings as performance mode with VRR on. You shouldn't turn off VRR, it's going to help on those instances where it does drop from its target on more demanding conditions.

The Framerate / Quality toggle does affect the gameplay when 120hz and VRR is engaged. Per the Digital Foundry video it's basically:

VRR + 120hz + Quality: Same resolution and everything as base game, just unlocked framerate. 60-90FPS
VRR + 120hz + Performance: 1440p, 100-120FPS
120hz + Quality: 1440p, 100-120FPS
120hz + Framerate: 1200p, 120FPS

So in short you get solid 120FPS in graphics mode with VRR off because it's running the exact same settings as performance mode with VRR on. You shouldn't turn off VRR, it's going to help on those instances where it does drop from its target on more demanding conditions.

So 120hz + framerate is locked 120 at all times? And did they say anything about input delay?

My opinion about this update:
-The snow track is decent, entertaining and very good looking ( specially at night). But its a snow track witch means it will likely get similar treatment as the dirt ones and put to the side as time passes.
-Master license to me was the highlight of the update. Great challenges, loved every minute of it. But the rewards were a bit dissapointing. I already owned every car rewarded for the golds so basicly it just became credits. I would much rather prefer if the gold rewards were the cars locked behind invites. That would have been a solution to the ticket problem.
- Liked the races a lot, specially the clubman+ and the redbull event. But the payouts were, once again, low. Again no races with meaningful payouts, witch means people will finish the new races and then likely go back to the famous 4.
A mention to the "new daytona grinding method". There is a big chance it will go away soon. So, if you have the patience, grind as much as you can before it goes away.
-Car selection selection was great. I would switch out the tesla for a race car (gr1 or gr2). But apart from that, thumbs up.
-engine swaps were "ok".
Good update. Not perfect, but good.

- Liked the races a lot, specially the clubman+ and the redbull event. But the payouts were, once again, low. Again no races with meaningful payouts, witch means people will finish the new races and then likely go back to the famous 4.
I don't think they will, even if they patch out Daytona there's enough well-paying custom race formats out there in the 3+mil/hour range, and I don't see them compeltely reducing custom race payouts back to standard.

As it stands, and I don't see this changing, it's 100x easier to come across money, and as such that gives people a reason to do something else that isn't the 'big' 4 races.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, and I know people use Twit/X to share screenshots and vids

F-RhU0caEAA_ZI-.jpg

I use the app instead now and download them to my phone.

How do those of you with a wheel manage to drive smoothly in the rain? The chilli race at RBR has me pulling my hair out. I use a G29 and any tiny input on the throttle results in my car spinning out. If I manage to keep it straight, my wheels spin and the AI zips passed me. So I either can't get the power down fast enough or its spins like a top out if the corner.

Any advice for wet racing?

How do those of you with a wheel manage to drive smoothly in the rain? The chilli race at RBR has me pulling my hair out. I use a G29 and any tiny input on the throttle results in my car spinning out. If I manage to keep it straight, my wheels spin and the AI zips passed me. So I either can't get the power down fast enough or its spins like a top out if the corner.

Any advice for wet racing?
Traction Control.

Is that what race drivers use in modern GT3s? Trying to learn here, rather than an easy out.
It's easier to learn how to drive in the wet with TC on to the point you can handle not spinning out and then gradually reducing it than it is to learn while your car is going backwards into a barrier.

I will actively change TCS settings in a race based on my comfort/the stakes/my gap. If I have a good gap and good enough pace I may bump it up just to be safe mid race. Or bump it down if I need to.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, in real life GT3's run TCS by default. Only reason people run with it off in GT7 is because it's a rudimentary TCS implemented for accessibility rather than realism.
It's easier to learn how to drive in the wet with TC on to the point you can handle not spinning out and then gradually reducing it than it is to learn while your car is going backwards into a barrier.

I will actively change TCS settings in a race based on my comfort/the stakes/my gap. If I have a good gap and good enough pace I may bump it up just to be safe mid race. Or bump it down if I need to.
Thank you both. Yes, @SupaflyIRL, I agree. Gotta keep churning out laps for practice I suppose.

Thank you both. Yes, @SupaflyIRL, I agree. Gotta keep churning out laps for practice I suppose.
What really helped me was finding out one of the recent Manufacturers cup races was going to be heavy rain on the Nurburgring. I just opened up a custom race with heavy rain and just went around as flat out as I could while reducing the TCS. I ended up running the actual race starting on TCS3 and reducing it to 2 once I got out of the initial carnage and off on my own.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, and I know people use Twit/X to share screenshots and vids

View attachment 1301744

I use the app instead now and download them to my phone.
Wow, this is really sad. Twitter was a super convenient way to move screenshots from PS5 to PC. According to a quick google search, PlayStation did not comment on why they are cutting off the integration, but it might have something to do with Elon Musk's decision to charge companies for access to Twitter's API going forward.

So, here's probably the last screenshot I will be sharing from my PS5 this way. In fact it's the reason I came to this thread in the first place. The dashboard introduced through the latest update managed to trigger the completionist within me and finally made me attain 100% on GT7. Pretty much all of the missing stuff was World Circuit Events I could never be bothered to do, and to be honest most of it was a complete drag. But anyway, it's all done now, so now I can turn my full attention to Sophy! 🥳

F-XjM8rWQAAs9jn

Back