Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,439 comments
Just more chill races with proper grid starts (rolling or standing) and decent AI for as wide a variety of cars as possible, would be ace. They're the most fun to be had in single player IMO.
I'm really impressed they actually delivered on this in this update. A good portion of the events are actually chilli labelled, and even more have a good difficulty right out the bat. I definitely feel like they've listened to the complaints people had about the events formats.

I just hope they keep it up going forward.

Drove a few more Sophy races and my initial impression persists: after a really quick opening lap Sophy starts dropping a lot of pace on laps 2 and 3 and stops driving at full throttle on straights.
This was discussed recently in one of the Sophy threads. What you describe has been tested by several people and that behavior exists. However, that behavior exists for all AI opponents in races, not just Sophy. So it may not so much be that "Sophy is bad" as it is that PD put the same dumb boost/handicap system into the Sophy races in that they have used previously for arcade races.

finally beat Master License S-10... by the skin of my teeth 😆
20231104_213010.jpg

Last edited:
Drove a few more Sophy races and my initial impression persists: after a really quick opening lap Sophy starts dropping a lot of pace on laps 2 and 3 and stops driving at full throttle on straights.
I can't verify or reproduce this at all. Do you have any evidence?

18b9c41bc1213-screenshotUrl.png

18b9c41a2d252-screenshotUrl.png

All Sophys in my races use full throttle in the straights, be it the leader or the ones trailing.

View attachment 1300803
View attachment 1300804

All Sophys in my races use full throttle in the straights, be it the leader or the ones trailing.

I will look into it tomorrow. Have not tried it with road cars yet. Only GR3/4. maybe there’s a difference, maybe I’m wrong.
Apparently my impressions are echoed in the Sophy thread - have not checked myself.

View attachment 1300803
View attachment 1300804

See this post/thread. For Sophy races, you're correct that Sophy continues to use full throttle. This is in contrast to the traditional AI races where the AI drivers back off on the throttle. However the lap times for Sophy drivers ahead of you still change from lap to lap, so there's probably some performance limiting going on of the car itself, or possibly the AI changes behavior. My bet is on the former though.

Last edited:
See this post/thread. For Sophy races, you're correct that Sophy continues to use full throttle. This is in contrast to the traditional AI races where the AI drivers back off on the throttle. However the lap times for Sophy drivers ahead of you still change from lap to lap, so there's probably some performance limiting going on of the car itself, or possibly the AI changes behavior. My bet is on the former though.
Yeah I don't doubt she's hindered performance wise, I can tell as much by the fact I can win in equal machinery, but just didn't see something as blatant as her throttle usage being manipulated.

Anyone noticed that some cars get major snow build-up on their sides? I just raced a 3 lapper against a bunch of those red XNR Ghia things and their rear panels were caked after one lap. Really nice touch, that.

Anyone noticed that some cars get major snow build-up on their sides? I just raced a 3 lapper against a bunch of those red XNR Ghia things and their rear panels were caked after one lap. Really nice touch, that.
Yeah, snow build up is really significant. Makes me wish dirt and detritus build up was just as strong, cars get nowhere near as dirty as they should when racing in this game.
18b9555f4d15-screenshotUrl.png

18b95573d9080-screenshotUrl.png

Yeah, snow build up is really significant. Makes me wish dirt and detritus build up was just as strong, cars get nowhere near as dirty as they should when racing in this game.
View attachment 1300905
View attachment 1300906

I'm curious to try different cars now. The XNR had it build up more on one side than the other and seemed to have distinctive lines. Will have to rerun it myself, rather than as an AI, to confirm.

Odd question / observation. I have always wondered since the beginning how Vehicles get onto the trail Mountain track considering the only Bridge that was on the track was removed in GT7.

For a while I speculated that the first Bridge we see on the main straight could possibly be the road that leads into the mountain. I was unable to verify if this was true because the camera in replay mode and in photo mode would not show what was above the bridge. Thus , I could only speculate. I always figured it was a pedestrian bridge because it leads to a sharp T intersection that lead behind the tree line . It would be very difficult for trailers hauling Vehicles ( as shown behind the paddocks ) could actually make that turn. Now that Polyphony has allowed us to raise the camera height above the bridge it appears to be pedestrian bridge and not a bridge suited for vehicles. There are thus no roads that lead into the track ... Mind you every other fictional track has a road leading into it or at the very least a tunnel..

Last edited:
Controller
 - When the value of the 'Vibration Strength' under the 'Options' menu is set to 130 or higher, vibrations are not output correctly with the following controllers:
 ・DualSense™ Wireless Controller (PS5® version only.)
 ・Thrustmaster® T-GT / T-GT II
 ・Logitech® G G923
 ・Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel
Please set the value to '125' or less in order to avoid any issue while we work to resolve the issue.

Last edited:
The weekly challenges are not challenging at all.

Sophy is super fast on the first lap, but seems to be slowing down significantly on lap 2 and unfortunately doesn’t seem to be driving at full throttle on straights :(
The weekly challenges just cycle between the races already in the game. It's just reheating existing content.

Last edited:
So I tried out the latest update and here are some key takeaways:

The first thing I did was to do the Circuit Experience for Lake Louise. Have to say that it's a very challenging track, and for the most part, I was trying my best not to take the corners too wide and to make sure I have enough speed, as it would mean overdoing it or slowing down significantly if I were to back out. I would say that Lake Louise is kind of like the Gran Turismo equivalent of Sebenco Climb from WipEout - both being tough, challenging tracks set around a snowy backdrop.

As for the cars, I'm surprised that the Dodge Demon is actually the fastest car from the update, and can do a surprising 6:37.261 around the Nurburgring Nordschleife (stock, with Racing: Soft tires), which makes the Dodge Demon not just a formidable muscle car, but a supercar killer just as much as it is a supercar itself.

The Porsche 992 GT3 RS could come in at a close second with 6:39.669 (it could be a little better, if it weren't for its low top speed), and the Lexus LFA coming in at 6:46.372. Have yet to try out everything else, but this is a solid selection of cars introduced.

As for the Master License Tests, I was expecting most of them to be significantly harder than the regular ones, and while the difficulty has been ramped up a bit, it will eventually take a few attempts before you're able to get gold. They were easier than I thought, but they still provide much of a challenge, and there is little margin for error.

My game refuses to start right now. I get a screen saying the Playstation Network might be down, but all services are up and running. PD server issue?

Edit: Nevermind, it works fine now.

Last edited:
The weekly challenges on GT5/6 used to be really hard and required you to tune your best valid car to the track in question. It took a while to perfect it each week, and then you could farm it for a decent amount of credits (about 350k for a 5 lap race if memory serves correctly).
I completed all the new challenges in an hour and theres no credit incentive to repeat the task.

Last edited:
The weekly challenges on GT5/6 used to be really hard and required you to tune your best valid car to the track in question. It took a while to perfect it each week, and then you could farm it for a decent amount of credits (about 350k for a 5 lap race if memory serves correctly).
I completed all the new challenges in an hour and theres no credit incentive to repeat the task.
The new challenge is a one make with stock cars. Not the games fault theres if no challenge you opt to drive overpowered for the event.

I'm 100% sure old seasonal events paid out ONCE.

I'm 100% sure old seasonal events paid out ONCE.
In GT5 there were two types, Special Races that could be repeated (e.g. Ferrari F1 races), and Bonus Races/Expert Challenge events with one-time payouts.

GT6 had weekly TTs and Drift Trials that paid around 1.2M, I hardly remember the seasonal races there, drift money was so easy to get.

Unrelated, I'd like to race against Sophy in one-makes, and especially around Tokyo to see if it fears the walls less than standard AI. I've had a few Sophy races since the update and found it much less exciting than the previous Race Together event, partially because no opponent has Sophy Violette skills, but mostly because the random car selection is too broad. Gr.3 Sophy is brutal. Kart Sophy should be fun but not available yet.

Seasonal events were the best thing in GT5/6 and probably the best way to earn credits and XP
KIrxWt

There's only one unique event in Weekly Challenges so far, but my hopium is that PD will slowly add more unique events in the future.
Out of 5 races, if PD can add 2-3 unique races per week, I'd be pretty happy, even more if we can get drift events in the mix.

well i recall finding the hack that gt5 had where you could literally have every car with the maximum credits…haven’t found that for gt sport or gt7 ;/

Latest Posts

Back