Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,439 comments
Nah, what these cars(R33, FD, A80) are doing, we can’t do alone.

If that’s just showcasing multiplayer with AI traffic(regardless of the slow cars as traffic for this clip), cool. If it’s linking cars together by cruising(a la Forza), that’s something that may be in a future update.

Man I hope so, It would be so fun just to hot lap around the expressway with those traffic cars IMO
The opening movie is more difficult to enjoy. The first part in black and white is fine (and my favorite part), but the new gameplay section is more of a rough cut and less polished. Lot of camera shake and the action moves across the screen too much, making it harder to focus on the action. By the time my eyes lock on to the action, it switches to a new scene where the action is in a different location. Maybe my TV is too big?
I think maybe it's because the old one is in 30 fps so it feels more cinematic while the new one is 60 fps ?

Last edited:
This new update is a 9,5/10, slightly biased because LFA & me liking to do rallying and wanting a snow track at some point. But yeah lots of licence tests, weekly challenges gives more incentive to do something else than 1-3 money grind races per week. Lake Louise track is imo the best rally track GT has done ever, not unnecessarily long & many different types of corners, just overall a fun track. Yet to try some of the new cars, Tesla I won't try lol.

So yeah, looks like PD are on the right track finally after this update. Hopefully we get a similar vast update before Xmas, well probably not a new track, but like some QOL improvements & 5-6 cars and fun events for Xmas. Better be a Lake Louise TT in December, or else.. 😈😄

Of all the content added in this update, the second car I was not interested in was the Tesla. (Sorry, I am not a 911 fan).

However, this car is the least expensive of the cars added in this update, so I bought it while I was at it.
And I now drive only this EV, not the Charger, Challenger or 190E.

The reason is simple. This car is the most balanced EV currently available in this game.

It's not a too slow and useless EV like the BMW microcar or the Tesla Model S.
And not too fast like the insane VGT.

PP600. fits the class I most often prefer, and unlike the Model S, it is AWD, so it has great stability.
Perhaps this car is not as fast as the ICE and Porsche Taycan in the same PP. But it is easy and fun to drive. It is a good car.

And best of all, it's inexpensive; the cost to use it under the PP600 rules is also inexpensive.

The only drawbacks to this car are that management has messed up the twitter and its not very attractive design.
But I for one found some enjoyment in its design.
The flat bumper on this car makes a good canvas for us to have fun doing various unique and strange paint jobs. For example, like this...

F9_Q6U3bcAAI4hx.jpg

Man I hope so, It would be so fun just to hot lap around the expressway with those traffic cars IMO
You can make it yourself.

In Custom race use custom garage and select slow traffic cars with comfort tires as your opponents + maximum spread rolling start. You can also give them lowest difficulty, they act pretty much like traffic then.

You can make it yourself.

In Custom race use custom garage and select slow traffic cars with comfort tires as your opponents + maximum spread rolling start. You can also give them lowest difficulty, they act pretty much like traffic then.
Yeah but they're still taking racing lines aren't they ?

Cooled down a bit on the new update.

Would have vastly preferred a road track instead of a rally track and I feel when you drop 7 cars, one of them could be an actual race car - personal preference, I know.

Sophy is nice, but still pretty half baked.
When your new AI can’t drive all tracks, all cars and only does 3 laps in a separate mode, calling it 2.0 is a stretch. IMO it should be a 0.something, indicating it’s still in BETA.

The weekly challenges are appreciated, but are not challenging at all. In this state it’s more like a chore you have to knock out every week.

No enhancements to the VR experience is a bummer - please give us a better hud.

The QOL updates are great and GT7 is certainly a better game today than it was 2 days ago, but still…

Not complaining. Just my 2 cents.

Bring on the poo emojis.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone is wondering how they calculate your percentage bonus for CE it’s done as follows:

(n*25)/S + (n*50)/S + (n*100)/S where n is number of bronze (25), silver (50) and golds (100) that you have, and S is total number of sectors for that CE.

This is then doubled for your quick race bonus so if you have 20.6% completion for a CE (the game displays this as 20% though) you get 42% bonus.

Would have vastly preferred a road track instead of a rally track and I feel when you drop 7 cars one of them could be an actual race car - personal preference, I know.

When your new AI can’t drive all tracks, all cars and only does 3 laps in a separate mode, calling it 2.0 is a stretch. IMO it should be a 0.something, indicating it’s still in BETA.

The weekly challenges are appreciated, but are not challenging at all. In this state it’s more like a chore you have to knock out every week.

No enhancements to the VR experience are a bummer - please give us a better hud.

The QOL updates are great and GT7 is certainly a better game today than it was 2 days ago, but still…

Bring on the poo emojis.
Nah, definitely my thoughts too but still I'm really happy with this update. I think it's largely because of the LFA lmao

Would have vastly preferred a road track instead of a rally track and I feel when you drop 7 cars one of them could be an actual race car - personal preference, I know.

No enhancements to the VR experience are a bummer - please give us a better hud.

Bring on the poo emojis.
This is is real constructive criticism and not moaning so no poo emojis. You have a point in some cases.

I am on the other hand much more positive, but I was pretty satisfied with this game even before this update. I love everything they have added and giving better rewards for custom/arcade races is incredible, since it was the best thing in GT. Now making custom grid races will be much more relevant than before.

I guess that Sophy performance judgement is really in the eyes of the viewer.
One year ago, when I was kind of new to GT, definetly new to the wheel, I was sweating to compete against regular AI.
I didn't have a chance to compete against Sophy last time because I still was a PS4 user.
Now I feel it's just a matter of getting used to the car+track combination to win against regulat AI, and don't sweat too much anymore.

I saw a video from Tidgney commenting about Sophy racing lines and I was not able to identify difference at a first glance in couple of instances.

I wouldn't like Sophy to be unreachable for the casual user, difficult for the regular one (this is me...), easy for good ones, like I guess you are, coming from your comment.

The best thing PD can do with Sophy is to keep it to the 105% of the specific user, to keep it challenging for everyone, and also evolve with everyone.
This would mean that my Sophy would be different than yours, and even from my Sophy in 6 months.

Are we already able to say that it's not that way, or we need some time to figure it out?

Of all the content added in this update, the second car I was not interested in was the Tesla. (Sorry, I am not a 911 fan).

However, this car is the least expensive of the cars added in this update, so I bought it while I was at it.
And I now drive only this EV, not the Charger, Challenger or 190E.

The reason is simple. This car is the most balanced EV currently available in this game.

It's not a too slow and useless EV like the BMW microcar or the Tesla Model S.
And not too fast like the insane VGT.

PP600. fits the class I most often prefer, and unlike the Model S, it is AWD, so it has great stability.
Perhaps this car is not as fast as the ICE and Porsche Taycan in the same PP. But it is easy and fun to drive. It is a good car.

And best of all, it's inexpensive; the cost to use it under the PP600 rules is also inexpensive.

The only drawbacks to this car are that management has messed up the twitter and its not very attractive design.
But I for one found some enjoyment in its design.
The flat bumper on this car makes a good canvas for us to have fun doing various unique and strange paint jobs. For example, like this...

View attachment 1300233

Has anyone noticed the screen on the dash of the new Tesla has a picture of the planet mars landscape with a tiny rover

Bridgestone/Toyota GR TT U17 streaming now

(In Japanese. Apparently a live TT using the GR Corolla Morizo Ed. at Tokyo Expressway East at the Japan Mobility Show for those underage).

Last edited:
I just realised, the new track is at Lake Louise, and when I did the fictional track location roundup, I noted:
My takeaway is I didn't realise just how much PD seem to love putting tracks either in California, next to a body of water, or both.
Genuinely, if you're ever predicting a new fictional track, always predict it to be by a coast or a river or a lake or something, they just can't help themselves.

I just realised, the new track is at Lake Louise, and when I did the fictional track location roundup, I noted:

Genuinely, if you're ever predicting a new fictional track, always predict it to be by a coast or a river or a lake or something, they just can't help themselves.
Ekhm Sardegna Road Track?

Also one rally track seems not to have any water.

Had a go at the Porsche 911 (992) one make race - the car is genuinely brilliant. Loads of grip and handles really well. Hoping for more cars like this in the future.

Drove a few more Sophy races and my initial impression persists: after a really quick opening lap Sophy starts dropping a lot of pace on laps 2 and 3 and stops driving at full throttle on straights.

Last edited:
The thing I don't like about the races with Sophy is when you are driving road cars, there is always that one car, usually in the front, that has at least 200hp more then your car and it becomes phisycally inpossible to catch it.
Apart from that, a little shame they went for "chase the rabbit" but there can be some good battles in the field.

Last edited:
For all the moaners about chase-the-rabbit, try the GT Cup Gr3 race at Red Bull Ring. A rare pole position start (in the pouring rain).
Oh I really hope they will bring even more of those expert races.

It would be great to see more GT Cup Gr4 or even Gt cup Gr 2 and 1. Hell give us Super Formula chilli races with grid starts! Those are great.

Last edited:
Oh I really hope they will bring even more of those expert races.

It would be great to see more GT Cup Gr4 or even Gt cup Gr 2 and 1. Hell give us Super Formula chilli races with grid starts! Those are great.
Just more chill races with proper grid starts (rolling or standing) and decent AI for as wide a variety of cars as possible, would be ace. They're the most fun to be had in single player IMO.

For all the moaners about chase-the-rabbit, try the GT Cup Gr3 race at Red Bull Ring. A rare pole position start (in the pouring rain).
I ran this race yesterday, it was a very interesting race, I only suggest one thing... Stay really focused until the end. Starting from pole doesn't guarantee anything, the race is more complex than one might think (and after all that's right, considering the number of "chilli peppers")... But I repeat, stay focused until the end.

We definitely need more races like this, anyway. And if only we had proper qualifying sessions... Maybe with a "Superpole" format, one lap only...

Latest Posts

Back