Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,439 comments
Hope i'm in the right thread,but is it just me or are cars turning different since latest update.
I hardly make corners with cars i'm used to.

Finally, at long last, I got gold on all Master Licenses. Have to say that the Super Licenses were pretty much textbook on their own, with the hardest ones being:

Final exam - McLaren MP4/4 around Suzuka
S8 - Mercedes CLK-LM around Spa-Francorchamps
S5 - Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 EVO2 around Lake Louise
S9 - Aston Martin Valkyrie around the Red Bull Ring

Finally, at long last, I got gold on all Master Licenses. Have to say that the Super Licenses were pretty much textbook on their own, with the hardest ones being:

Well, at least there's no Expressway track in Super Licenses.

Was doing my daily morning RSS feed catchup and saw this page from SoraNews24 (I was reading it for the article I swear)

Noticed what I presume is a GT7 screenshot:

TM-12.jpg

Last edited:

To me was s10 > s5 > s1 > the rest of S

Last edited:
I did the Le Mans race this morning on my new Samsung TV and on the straight I pressed the info button on the remote which gave me an on screen frame counter which told me I was getting 95-105 fps. I quit and went back to options in GT7 and selected frame rate mode instead of graphics and ray tracing mode. These modes are only supposed to effect replay mode. Imagine my surprise when I ran the race again and I got 120 fps on the straight. I changed the mode back and it went back to 95-105. VRR was on so I switched it off and tried again and now get a solid 120 fps in graphics mode.

The new challenge is a one make with stock cars. Not the games fault theres if no challenge you opt to drive overpowered for the event.
Nope. Maybe on the truck one I was a bit overpowered... I think it recommended 480 and I was 505pp. Besides which it IS the games fault if you can go OP.

I can absolutely say that's not true. I recall back during the days of GT5 being active, sometimes grinding seasonals like crazy. I could sometimes do 5 lap races that made 500k-1 million credits.
And they were hard to win for the average driver like me. The real challenge they offered was great. Plus they gave the game variety as the challenges were very different each week and forced you to rediscover and retune a car you'd often forgotten about.

Last edited:
1699303938525.png

It was mentioned briefly before but the dirt build up int he snow is really really awesome. It looks like what a car should look like after it's been blasted around offroad, caked in dust and dirt and coated in snow.

In comparison, this is the same amount of time spent offroad on dirt. Looks like it's fresh out the showroom.
1699304648141.png

If you're reading this, anyone from PD... more dirt pls.

View attachment 1301544

It was mentioned briefly before but the dirt build up int he snow is really really awesome. It looks like what a car should look like after it's been blasted around offroad, caked in dust and dirt and coated in snow.

In comparison, this is the same amount of time spent offroad on dirt. Looks like it's fresh out the showroom.
View attachment 1301547

If you're reading this, anyone from PD... more dirt pls.
I genuinely think It's a bug . If you go into gravel or dirt in a normal track , the cars get super dirty . Try it on willow springs !

I genuinely think It's a bug . If you go into gravel or dirt in a normal track , the cars get super dirty . Try it on willow springs !
It does seem unique to Lake Louise at the moment, willow has always had a lot of dirt accumulation. I just hope they make this change to all the tracks. If im doing a nurburgring race, with changeable weather, cutting corners etc, going offline - I want the car to be plastered in mud and dirt. It does show up but it just takes ages at the moment.

Plus the recommended PP is already over powered for decent drivers.
My point was that the seasonal events were hard in previous iterations of the game, which meant you had to tune a car really well to be competitive.... that's alot more fun than detuning a car to give yourself a challenge.

My point was that the seasonal events were hard in previous iterations of the game, which meant you had to tune a car really well to be competitive.... that's alot more fun than detuning a car to give yourself a challenge.
Who said anything about detuning? It's competitive if you take the stock car in, because the AI has been tuned to provide a competitive race with the stock car.

Who said anything about detuning? It's competitive if you take the stock car in, because the AI has been tuned to provide a competitive race with the stock car.
But tuning is fun and all the cars I have are tuned. If the point of the game was to use stock setting why bother having tuning at all, which has always been a big part of the game? The biggest improvement to AI would be if it could tune the cars to a pp/track (and to be able to drive in the wet of course!).

Your still not understanding my point though that you HAD to tune in previous iterations to be competitive against the AI

But tuning is fun and all the cars I have are tuned. If the point of the game was to use stock setting why bother having tuning at all, which has always been a big part of the game? The biggest improvement to AI would be if it could tune the cars to a pp/track (and to be able to drive in the wet of course!).

Your still not understanding my point though that you HAD to tune in previous iterations to be competitive against the AI
This is literally one event in the entire game. There's plenty of others that require tuning, plenty more that will require tuning, and probably plenty of weekly challenges that will require tuning. This is not one of them.

This is literally one event in the entire game. There's plenty of others that require tuning, plenty more that will require tuning, and probably plenty of weekly challenges that will require tuning. This is not one of them.
They're not BoP, maybe they should be. Interested to see how it shapes up

Last edited:
Back