Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,434 comments
Did anyone else notice that on Lake Lousie Long Track Reverse, some of the apex markers either lead you straight into the wall or are on the opposite side of the fencing? These unrealistic racing expectations, I tell ya!

How do you unlock the the toughening up trophy? I restored my S2000 ten times in a row and I got nothing? Is it 10 different cars?

How do you unlock the the toughening up trophy? I restored my S2000 ten times in a row and I got nothing? Is it 10 different cars?
Is that the one where you rebuild the rigidity 10x? I was wondering the same thing as I did it to more than 10 cars and no trophy.

Is that the one where you rebuild the rigidity 10x? I was wondering the same thing as I did it to more than 10 cars and no trophy.
Yea I have no clue hopefully someone can help in this because, I need this and 50 Sport races and I’m all done.

You purchase the "increase body rigidity" modification for 10 different cars, the upgrade next to stage 3 weight reduction in the Semi Racing tab of the tuning shop. It's about 25,000cr for most cars from memory so it'll cost 250,000cr for the trophy.

You purchase the "increase body rigidity" modification for 10 different cars, the upgrade next to stage 3 weight reduction in the Semi Racing tab of the tuning shop. It's about 25,000cr for most cars from memory so it'll cost 250,000cr for the trophy.
Actually, now that you mention it I think I did the "restore body rigidity" from the GT-Auto and not the "increase body rigidity" tuning shop. So that would be my issue.

That being said, according to the below sometimes this trophy counter doesn't always work. So either JDM make the same mistake as me, or something else isn't working.

"At the Tuning Shop, you can opt to "Increase Body Ridigity" from the "Semi-Racing" tab. You may purchase a few of these modifications during the campaign to increase your vehicle PP, but likely will not purchase 10. To minimize the costs incurred for this trophy, select some of the lowest PP vehicles you have and purchase the upgrade. Selecting lower PP vehicles will minimize the cost of the modification, as it will generally scale in value with higher PP vehicles. The trophy will pop after you complete your 10th such purchase.

Bug Note: Some users have reported the counter for this trophy to not function correctly. Some have reported that the issue is fixed by restarting the console and purchasing an additional "Increase Body Rigidity" modification, though the solution has not worked for everyone."

Man thank you I definitely purchased it from GT Auto smh… 🤦‍♂️ wasted so much money thanks a lot my friend!

Man thank you I definitely purchased it from GT Auto smh… 🤦‍♂️ wasted so much money thanks a lot my friend!
GT Auto & Tuning Shop
You’ll need to spend a bit more money in GT Auto and the Tuning Shop for the next four trophies, all of which are centered on doing the same thing ten times.

Fortunately they’re not very expensive things. First pick up ten sets of wheels from GT Auto — the cheapest items are 2,500cr, so go for ten of those.

Now head back to your garage and grab a car; almost any car will do, but make sure that it can accept a turbo upgrade because that’s what you’ll be fitting in the Tuning Shop. After that select Increase Body Rigidity from the Semi-Racing menu, then go to GT Auto and wash the car. Then do all of that again with nine more cars!
  • Wheely Good Fun (Bronze) – Bought 10 sets of wheels
  • A Bit of a Boost (Bronze) – Purchased a turbo or supercharger 10 times
  • Squeaky Clean (Bronze) – Washed a car 10 times
  • Toughening Up (Bronze) – Increased a car’s body rigidity 10 times

1. No.
2. The a last of Us is also nominated…

And yet no one at Gorilla Games is in merely the same position at Sony as Kaz is, are they?

These are never decided by fans, they're decided by companies and the influencers they convince.

Last edited:
And yet no one at Gorilla Games is in merely the same position at Sony as Kaz is, are they?

These are never decided by fans, they're decided by companies and the influencers they convince.
It’s Guerrilla Games, and don’t you mean Naughty Dog?
And the ex-Head of Guerrilla Games, Hermen Hulst, actually is the Head of PlayStation Studios.

It’s Guerrilla Games, and don’t you mean Naughty Dog?

That's what I meant, wasn't fully awake when I read that response. Completely forgot about Hermen Hulst, but I don't remember anyone at Naughty Dog being in nearly similar position.

I had dragged my feet a bit on officially completing the Shelby-themed Extra Menu, but I got around to it today. The little lecture does mention how Carroll Shelby inspired the GT40 that won at Le Mans, so what do I get from the corresponding six-star ticket? A Ferrari FXX K. Is PD trying to tell me something?

That’s right. These aren’t decided by fans - they are decided by a jury made out of members of the press from around the world.
Last year Elden Ring won, the year before that it was it takes two. Don’t know what you’re getting at with your conspiracy theories, but it seems a bit misguided.

Knowing how award shows actually work, You know Sony is going to make sure Gran Turismo wins both.
Between the gran turismo movie and the last of us tv show, I'd vote in the gt movie everyday. And not because of gt biase. I absolutely love tlou1. The tv show was a bit of a letdown by comparison to the game.
But the winner of that category is probably gonna be either last of us or mario.

That's what I meant, wasn't fully awake when I read that response. Completely forgot about Hermen Hulst, but I don't remember anyone at Naughty Dog being in nearly similar position.
Nah there isn’t anyone I know of too, but Neil Druckmann isn’t a nobody either

That’s right. These aren’t decided by fans - they are decided by a jury made out of members of the press from around the world.
Last year Elden Ring won, the year before that it was it takes two. Don’t know what you’re getting at with your conspiracy theories, but it seems a bit misguided.
Not sure where you think I made a "Conspiracy theory", I made that suggestion because out of those two games nominated, GT has the better chance by default due to Kaz and his position at Sony (while Naughty Dog has nowhere near the clout). Its not conspiracy to suggest that their may be some politicing or "Persuasion" going on. You're really gonna tell me the press of ANY kind isn't swayed by companies?

Last edited:
Not sure where you think I made a "Conspiracy theory", I made that suggestion because out of those two games nominated, GT has the better chance by default due to Kaz and his position at Sony (while Naughty Dog has nowhere near the clout). Its not conspiracy to suggest that their may be some politicing or "Persuasion" going on. You're really gonna tell me the press of ANY kind isn't swayed by companies?
Promoting TLOU would make more sense in my opinion, as there’s more seasons to come

Promoting TLOU would make more sense in my opinion, as there’s more seasons to come

Fair point, that's marketing momentum that would help. How soon though? If very soon, then yes I can see TLOU getting that priority marketing boost. If not very soon (and given the surprise success it's had even for a skeptic like me), then I would see it going to GT and getting more of that movie sales.

Last edited:
I just tried to start GT7 bit got the corrupt data error. Is it just my local save - 24/03/2022 apparently - that is the issue? Given that GT7 is online saves at PD's end, have I lost my 1,614h of progress?

UPDATE Just tried again 5mins later and it worked perfectly. Very odd but great news!

Last edited:
Can anyone share the new weekly challenges

Last edited:
Hi all so I really would like to buy the yellow Pennzoil GTR from legendary dealership plus a few other cars I would like to have in my garage, AM Valkryie some more GT4 cars etc , what are peoples go to races for credits now with spec 2 update, any good custom races worth trying and i would like to do a long endurance race at some point, tonight i am grinding a little bit for some extra credits.

I also hope Endurance events will get added too and Kaz and team can keep up this momentum from spec 2 update. Thanks for reading and replying :)

Last edited:
I would argue that since the latest update, playing around with some 10-15 minute long Custom Races is a much better use of your time, when you factor in the amount of fun and variety you're going to have doing so.

By all means though, if grinding is your kinda thing go for the glitch option!

Back