Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,433 comments
Dude, I don’t even care about the collection. The only VGT I’ve ever bought is the Tomahawk X, for obvious reasons. I almost hate them as much as I hate the rally circuits.
Yeah I sold all the non-GR-variant VGTs, just clogs up the car list for me

• tesla spacex vgt 40%
  • nissan new concept 70%
  • nike new vgt 10%
  • genesis vgt 30%
  • porsche mission x vgt 60%
  • ford vgt 30%
  • jordan vgt 2%
  • new bugatti vgt 25%
....but maybe....

new red bull X fan car project ( hybrid..drs ) technicly is VGT
hmmm
What do the percentages mean?

Rectomancy, with 267% certainty.
laugh laughing GIF
Had to look that up.

Rectomancy = 21st century update to OG W. AG.

The amount of intense loathing I see for these VGTs sometimes is amusing. I never had too much of a problem with them in the first place but I remember someone bringing up that the manufacturers are the ones that do all the digital modeling and PD just has to translate that into the game. Not nearly as time and resource-consuming as them designing their own cars or scanning real ones so it's a "oh cool an extra car" thing for me personally.

Last edited:
As Famine has pointed out, your percentages add up to 267% chance of you thinking it will be one of those cars..... That's not how percentages work.
🤣🤣🤣🤣
I don't know , how teachers teach math " calculations" in each country...but percentages of "chances by single target" aren't around combined 100% rule ... in my case
maybe some people could open up some books and not play games for 20 hours a day ...
so if anybody is offended by my post I apologise...

example:
calculation " by single target "
eggs 2% possibility out of 100%
sausage 10% possibility out of 100%

calculation " by combined target "
eggs 20%
sausage 80%
= 100% combined rule

IS IT MORE CLEAR NOW, WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY?

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣
I don't know , how teachers teach math " calculations" in each country...but percentages of "chances by single target" aren't around combined 100% rule ... in my case
maybe some people could open up some books and not play games for 20 hours a day ...
so if anybody is offended by my post I apologise...

example:
calculation " by single target "
eggs 2% possibility out of 100%
sausage 10% possibility out of 100%

calculation " by combined target "
eggs 20%
sausage 80%
= 100% combined rule

IS IT MORE CLEAR NOW, WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY?

We're talking about probability here. You've given a list of cars you think it could be and a percentage probability for each one.

You could have a 50% chance it's car a or a 50% chance it's car B. There's a 100% chance it's car A or car B.

You can't say there's a 50% chance it's car A and a 60% chance its car B.

There's no need for insults. I was just pointing something out because I didn't understand your 267% chance of one of your cars being the unknown one. We're probably not going to agree on this so let's leave it here.

Yeah but that's the thing it's not a car, it doesn't exist outside digital world it's someone's drawing and fantasy.

And that's fine but they sell it like oh look we added another car in the game now you have more cars. No we don't.
They don't "sell it" as anything. It's a free addition, and it's really not marketed in any significant way - it feels like you're really just complaining for the sake of it.

Do you have a problem with tracks that don't exist outside the digital world, too? Honest question.

They don't "sell it" as anything. It's a free addition, and it's really not marketed in any significant way - it feels like you're really just complaining for the sake of it.

Do you have a problem with tracks that don't exist outside the digital world, too? Honest question.
I would prefer more real tracks over digital ones yes, but I don't mind them as much I do VGT cartoon cars.

I feel like they belong in trackmania, fortnite or similar games and not in simulator/simcade game

The amount of intense loathing I see for these VGTs sometimes is amusing. I never had too much of a problem with them in the first place but I remember someone bringing up that the manufacturers are the ones that do all the digital modeling and PD just has to translate that into the game. Not nearly as time and resource-consuming as them designing their own cars or scanning real ones so it's a "oh cool an extra car" thing for me personally.
Modelling, no. But I guess PD still has to build the physics model for these cars, and I can’t imagine that’s something that is quickly done.

It’s easy to forget the physics model for every single car (plus the tuning effects) all need to be modelled, tested, and implemented.

Last edited:
I honestly doubt the amount of time to build, perfect and refine the Mercedes AMG Vision GT took anywhere near as long as it did to do the same to the AMG GT3 2020.

If you don't hate on VGT's to flex how much of a supr srs simy sim racer bro you are, you might not even be a fan of sim racing.

Don't tell them about the secret tank in the official TOCA BTCC game, they would lose their minds.

Last edited:
Yeah but that's the thing it's not a car, it doesn't exist outside digital world it's someone's drawing and fantasy.

And that's fine but they sell it like oh look we added another car in the game now you have more cars. No we don't.
I guess the GTA series has absolutely zero cars whatsoever then.

Last edited:
I really think there is no argument that taking time to model VGTs takes away from modelling any other car. Look how long it took to get the E30. I’m sure VGTs halted the progress of that. :rolleyes:

Seriously, after twenty-five years and just over one month until the twenty-sixth anniversary, I doubt VGT inclusion hampered any progress in any Gran Turismo game. There been a whole host of reasons(only PD knows) certain cars(let’s not even mention tracks) haven’t appeared, reappeared or may be on hold.
I doubt the LFA was shown the hand before the ItalDesign VGTs had to be added first.

What PD really should do, is have players send in their designs for a Vision Gran Turismo. That would surely take valuable resources away from finally adding that Ferrari 296 GT3 and/or Toyota GT-One.

Which do we like - alpha, bravo or charlie?

View attachment 1304217

View attachment 1304218

View attachment 1304219

Alpha in Gr1 seems a good bet.
I don't particularly feel like wading into the VGT debate tonight, but one thing I will say is, if whatever VGT this is does end up in Gr.1, I hope they just design it as a Gr.1 from the outset like they did the Audi and the L750R instead of having both the base VGT and a "Gr.1 version" that's 99% the same.

Back