Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,433 comments
VGT are a waste of dev time. Each one made is one more real car that doesn’t get in the game.

For that matter, VGTs take considerably less time than almost anything else to make, because there is no car to scan. PD get the digital CAD files right from the manufacturer. They're the easiest (relatively speaking) cars to produce - while the fictional Gr3 cars are the biggest time sink of all.

We're not talking about a modelling team being too busy to make models of real cars (that they don't have the licence to include anyway) because of Vision GT. No VGT is taking the place of a real car you could have had instead. It's taking the place of... nothing.

Which do we like - alpha, bravo or charlie?

View attachment 1304217

View attachment 1304218

View attachment 1304219

Alpha in Gr1 seems a good bet.
Alpha feels the most like a GR.1 car, other 2 feel more like they could be GR.3 alternatives as none of them give that prototype vibe the way the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo does.

I don't particularly feel like wading into the VGT debate tonight, but one thing I will say is, if whatever VGT this is does end up in Gr.1, I hope they just design it as a Gr.1 from the outset like they did the Audi and the L750R instead of having both the base VGT and a "Gr.1 version" that's 99% the same.
I wouldn't say that about the Tomahawk, its the LEAST extreme of all of them given it has no boost of any kind nor the aero trickery and it honestly looks like it could be a Hypercar (Might even be faster then the "Vanwall" AND barbecue less :lol: ) . The Alpine likewise at least has far more obvious physical difference between it and the track toy based normal VGT variants. Everything else I do kinda agree feels abit lazy as someone not as aware would have to be told the GR.1 version of the Hyundai is the one with Gears or the GR.1 version of the Mazda has no AWD. And then the Bugatti has...a different windshield banner, different colored exhausts and Less power..thats it.

Last edited:
In a game with almost 500 cars, players still feel entitled to complain about a piece of content that has been proven time and time again to not take away their favorite car additions to the game.

We've been doing this for 10 years guys and the closest this has ever been to being true was GT6 and GT6 was 10 years ago.

You guys act like Kaz is just waiting for car manufacturers to design these cars and just lets the studio sit around doing nothing else.

Last edited:
People are acting like Kaz personally asks the manufactures to give them VGTs instead of real cars to add when it's usually the manufactures themselves who want the VGTs to be added. I would personally love to see the CLK-GTR and 911 GT1 Evo added to the game but having the Mercedes AMG Vision and the 917 Living Legend Porsche Spyder VGT for example do not take away from the resources needed to add the first two or any other highly requested cars from the community.

18bd0d70a1845-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

Damn.

I wouldn't say that about the Tomahawk, its the LEAST extreme of all of them given it has no boost of any kind nor the aero trickery and it honestly looks like it could be a Hypercar (Might even be faster then the "Vanwall" AND barbecue less :lol: ) . The Alpine likewise at least has far more obvious physical difference between it and the track toy based normal VGT variants. Everything else I do kinda agree feels abit lazy as someone not as aware would have to be told the GR.1 version of the Hyundai is the one with Gears or the GR.1 version of the Mazda has no AWD. And then the Bugatti has...a different windshield banner, different colored exhausts and Less power..thats it.
Yeah, it was the LM55 and the Hyundai in particular I had in mind when I was writing that, and they are the biggest culprits, you're right.

The Gr.3 ones like the Suzuki don't bother me at all, because the base VGT is a road car that gets made into a race car for Gr.3, that's how actual GT3s work so it makes sense. But that's not how prototypes work so even the more differentiated Gr.1 variants are a bit annoying to me.

does the AI use the engine swapped cars from my garage when i chose them vs me in the custom race? before they don't they just drive with the standard engines

On the topic of the new upcoming VGT, if it's the Genesis, I seriously hope it's not an EV. Thank goodness we've had some ICE-powered (albeit hybrid) VGT's lately from Suzuki, Ferrari and Italdesign.

If it's something completely else, I just hope it's the Jordan so I can live my wildest Ridge Racer dreams.

Last edited:
In a game with almost 500 cars, players still feel entitled to complain about a piece of content that has been proven time and time again to not take away their favorite car additions to the game.

We've been doing this for 10 years guys and the closest this has ever been to being true was GT6 and GT6 was 10 years ago.

You guys act like Kaz is just waiting for car manufacturers to design these cars and just lets the studio sit around doing nothing else.

My problem with VGTs is that they pollute all races in the game. If there was a toggle to just remove them from all races and be an optional thing I’d be fine.

I don’t want to race against cars that look like knock offs lifted from GTA V or convertibles in Gr. 3.

Simple as that.

I recommend custom grids in custom race.
I had a few dozen custom races set up that I lost when I had to reinstall the game. Don't see myself going through that again.

Sophy and online races it is for the time being.

Unfortunately including made up nonsense cars.

Last edited:
PD need to have the ability to use more than 1 custom liverie for cutstom race, and no need to race 2-3-4 time the same car to have different liveries on it.
This would be the best option.

When selecting rival cars you have popup menu with change car/change position just add change livery and then you will meet an screen with liveries for that car added to your library.

Another thing great would be "change setup" to have different tunes for one car in grid, also great thing to balance race.

Back