Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
The game is undergoing an update now, should be done in 30 minutes. I think they will add some more cars and fix some bugs and glitches, but that is pretty much it. I woke up 3 hours ago so it was perfect timing cause I did some chores a while ago.
It's a bugfix patch. If they're adding more cars, Kaz would release a silhouette.

Why would they do that ? The content of the update is listed and clear, it is only "bug" fixes and improvements, no cars involved.
Someone mentioned it in Discord which led me to think it too, but anyway it doesn't matter. We should not need anymore cars until maybe Christmas time. Plus I hadn't looked at the update content yet either.

Last edited:
I just quickly tested and the PP reading change does appear to allow Sophy to change cars to match your performance now - I entered a Sophy race in the engine swapped Cayman and Sophy was given hypercars (918, Chiron, Vulcan, Huayra) to race with instead of the more normal sports cars a stock Cayman gets matched with.

Have the PP calculations on the cars themselves changed with the new update? Or is it just AI car selection changes and reduced payouts?

Have the PP calculations on the cars themselves changed with the new update? Or is it just AI car selection changes and reduced payouts?
I don't know if there's any smaller changes, but at the very least they haven't changed anything transmission related - a Tomahawk with a broken transmission is still 1358PP (so that side of the grind setup still works, it's just finding the optimal car to use that's fastest in a straight line for the least PP).

I don't know if there's any smaller changes, but at the very least they haven't changed anything transmission related - a Tomahawk with a broken transmission is still 1358PP (so that side of the grind setup still works, it's just finding the optimal car to use that's fastest in a straight line for the least PP).
The Tomahawk wasn't an issue there to begin with, but it's still okay. Haven't upgraded to a ps5 yet so I can't do Sophy races.

Admittedly haven't done as much as some but got about 20 cars from it including the MP4/4 and Ferrari 250 so I'm not too mad. Even finished off the GRB cars and got some more GR1s. Groovy.
Yeah. Same here. I even made my dream come true to create fictional 1988 F1 grid with mixed Mp4/4 and F1500 <3 using this in custom race is a blast <3 Without this grinding method I would never be able to buy 4 Mclarens Mp4/4.

Last edited:
Well I missed a sole opportunity for a year and a half at Daytona, oh well! Would have made millions of credits come alive.

Using an exploit to buy everything in an instant would suck the fun right out of it for me.
Hmm, I'm not sure I'd call 5 solid hours of grinding in order to afford one single car "everything in an instant", but I do agree to some extent.

Before this exploit, it would take over 13 hours of grinding in order to afford the most expensive car(s) in GT7, and that assumes that one only focuses on repeating the very small handful of high payout events.

As I've said before, I've played the game on average an hour every day for 18 months now, and I still do not own a single 20,000,000 Cr. car. I do now have the credits (finally) to buy one, but that involved an extra 5 hours of gaming on top of what I otherwise would have done. My daily average mileage this month is double by previous highest, and almost all of it has been somewhat mindless grinding around an oval track. I can't say it's been all bad - indeed it has been quite good fun at times - but it shouldn't be necessary to have to do this in order to access 'premium' content.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not sure I'd call 5 solid hours of grinding in order to afford one single car "everything in an instant", but I do agree to some extent.

Before this exploit, it would take over 13 hours of grinding in order to afford the most expensive car(s) in GT7, and that assumes that one only focuses on repeating the very small handful of high payout events.

As I've said before, I've played the game on average an hour every day for 18 months now, and I still do not own a single 20,000,000 Cr. car. I do now have the credits (finally) to buy one, but that involved an extra 5 hours of gaming on top of what I otherwise would have done.
I've played the game half an hour a day except when there's the weekly to do for the longest time and I've got every car in the game. That's one 30 minutes race around Le Mans.

I've done Le mans (30) Spa (60) and Nurburgring (3 laps) fairly often in the past which will have helped.

Last edited:
I've played the game half an hour a day except when there's the weekly to do and I've got every car in the game.
So you won approximatively 1.5M Cr. per hour of gameplay.

Now what ? You will pretend you did not grind ?

Emotion Reaction GIF

Last edited:
I've played the game half an hour a day except when there's the weekly to do for the longest time and I've got every car in the game. That's one 30 minutes race around Le Mans.

I've done Le mans (30) Spa (60) and Nurburgring (3 laps) fairly often in the past which will have helped.
I've apparently acquired an average of 523,000 Cr. every day and 330,000 Cr. per hour of game play - that sounds like quite a lot, but that means that a single 20M Cr. car takes 60 hours of gameplay for me personally, which equates to one 20M car (and nothing else at all) every 38 days. :ill:

Need the carrot on a stick in games. Using an exploit to buy everything in an instant would suck the fun right out of it for me.
we all play our games our own way. I don't have life time to grind at 1.5mill/hr to buy 20mill cars.. that to me is a joke and an insult to the value of our real life time, especially when we have already invested $800 on a console and $100 on the title just to have some fun. I prefer to get my cars and then focus on the racing and driving rather than the painful tedious grind of collection... This "exploit" still required 5hours of console dedication to afford a single 20mill car as opposed to Sardegna where it takes you 13hrs (give or take) - neither one gives you everything or even anything in an instant... and 5 hrs for one car when you have to work, raise children, sleep, prepare meals for families, etc, is still a lot let alonf 13 hrs for one car which is insane.. BUT, that is just me. I fully respect yours and everyones choice/opinion/desire to play the game in the way that gives you the most satisfaction!

I've apparently acquired an average of 523,000 Cr. every day and 330,000 Cr. per hour of game play - that sounds like quite a lot, but that means that a single 20M Cr. car takes 60 hours of gameplay for me personally, which equates to one 20M car (and nothing else at all) every 38 days. :ill:
and that my friend, is disgusting, absurd and horrifying game design! Just imagine if you had a life... I'm not sure who the target audience for PD is anymore.. it used to be car lovers...

Yeah I also didn't make 1,5 mil an hour (from driving) and I´m still pretty close to finishing my collection.

I drove Le Mans once daily for a while, never did the Tokyo grind and found Spa to be too long to drive it a lot.

But I think the tickets, circuit experiences, license test, odd gifts from PD, menu books also add a lot actually.
Given that this game will have to last us one more year or two I actually appreciate the slow burn. I don't feel insulted at all.

But that's just me. To each their own.

EDIT: I´m gonna look up my stats later when I´m home. You guys made me curious.

Last edited:
So you won approximatively 1.5M Cr. per hour of gameplay.

Now what ? You will pretend you did not grind ?
When comparing earnings versus car ownership, it's important to remember that you get about 50 million credits from circuit experience - which if you're skilled enough, takes only about as long as two laps of the circuits in question - and you win a lot of cars early on. Similarly with the online TT's if you're any good you can pretty easily get 500,000 - 1,000,000 Cr. with little more than a couple of laps, and, despite much criticism you do still occasionally win 500,000 - 1,000,000 Cr. on the roulette... so scaling earnings across the life of the game isn't that linear.

Last edited:
But that's just me. To each their own.
This is key and gets lost a LOT in conversations.

It does not bother me one bit that it could take eons to get one 20 mil. dollar car, I'm here for the driving experience. The fact that someone can find a way to make that happen faster for them has ZERO impact on me and my enjoyment of the game. Good for them, really, as that is what is important to THEM. In my tiny little self-absorbed sphere, it simply doesn't resonate. I know, good for me, right?? Not gloating, just trying to articulate the different ways we look play this game.

Now, what DOES resonate with me is when 💩 driving/gameplay is permitted in online races, and I'm not talkin' about all the Danny Divebomber types out there, either. Take Daily B this week. The fastest way around the track should NEVER require a 'Chastaining' of the corner. Period. How about an anti wall-ride patch, can we get one of those???🙃

:cheers:

Latest Posts

Back