Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
I just quickly tested and the PP reading change does appear to allow Sophy to change cars to match your performance now - I entered a Sophy race in the engine swapped Cayman and Sophy was given hypercars (918, Chiron, Vulcan, Huayra) to race with instead of the more normal sports cars a stock Cayman gets matched with.
Yep. Tested with both regular AI and Sophy and both now scale opponents appropriately based on the car's PP. Very nice change imo.

Stock:
Gran Turismo® 7_20231121111553.jpg

Engine Swap (787B) - Sport Hards:

Gran Turismo® 7_20231121111634.jpg

Engine Swap (787B) - Racing Medium:

Gran Turismo® 7_20231121111704.jpg
[

1.40:

1.41:

With the way that the Legends dealership works, PD had to shut that exploit down. Without that feature, I wouldn't care nearly as much.

The Sisyphean task that is grinding will never not be funny to me, though.

Wrong. They want everyone to buy credits with real money.

@Nebuc72 No? Please, tell me the real reason then.
I think we have learned by now that PD isn’t just in it for the money, so at least say that money maybe is part of the reason why they did this.
I would say that actually you are the person that is in the position to explain why it would be just for the money that PD made this fix.

When comparing earnings versus car ownership, it's important to remember that you get about 50 million credits from circuit experience - which if you're skilled enough, takes only about as long as two laps of the circuits in question - and you win a lot of cars early on. Similarly with the online TT's if you're any good you can pretty easily get 500,000 - 1,000,000 Cr. with little more than a couple of laps, and, despite much criticism you do still occasionally win 500,000 - 1,000,000 Cr. on the roulette... so scaling earnings across the life of the game isn't that linear.
CE is "only" 50M (provided you gold everything), you'll need much more than that, and the cars you win won't get you that far either. TT's can earn you max 8M/month (and before there were juste one TT every 2 two weeks so that was half) so event if you've got gold since TT1, it is max 100M in nearly 2 years (being very generous).

Overall, even for top notch drivers, you don't get credits fast (to say the least).

I would say that actually you are the person that is in the position to explain why it would be just for the money that PD made this fix.
Really? Well, they refuse to make payouts for normal races reasonable, and as soon as someone finds a way to make easy money PD are quickly removing it. Also, you can’t sell tuning parts or engines, and when you sell cars the money you get is way below reasonable (or realistic if you like) as well.

I think you’re naive, but be my guest. You’re not alone on this forum, lol.

Last edited:
Really? Well, they refuse to make payouts for normal races reasonable, and as soon as someone finds a way to make easy money PD are quickly removing it. Also, you can’t sell tuning parts or engines, and when you sell cars the money you get is way below reasonable (or realistic if you like) as well.

The buying of credits is way too expensive to be a real money maker for PD.

Think about it. Grinding one of the big 5 races is ~1.5 million per hour

2 million credits is €19.99 (don't know how expensive it is in other countries).

So, by working/grinding you earn €15.00. Most people here in Europe don't even earn that per hour. So they would be better off grinding than paying that money.

Maybe some whales pay this amount for the credits. But PD is not doing microtransactions very well for the majority of the people

Last edited:
Did the math. I make Cr. 1.036.839,9 per driving hour.

Since I don’t do SPA or Tokyo and the only grind I did for a while was Le Mans once a day I think you can actually make quite a lot with circuit experiences, tickets and so on.

I drove for a total of 429.51 hours which is… a shocking number to see 😂😂

CE is "only" 50M (provided you gold everything), you'll need much more than that, and the cars you win won't get you that far either. TT's can earn you max 8M/month (and before there were juste one TT every 2 two weeks so that was half) so event if you've got gold since TT1, it is max 100M in nearly 2 years (being very generous).

Overall, even for top notch drivers, you don't get credits fast (to say the least).

That's not really what I was getting at. Peoples earnings per hour are skewed by things that do payout much faster than the rate of the grind races - looking back at how much you've earned, and how many hours into it you are doesn't account for the high rate of earnings in some game scenarios compared to some of the more typical gameplay.

That's not really what I was getting at.
Not sure what your point is. The result I see is that it is a hard and very slow process to earn credits in this game.

Some people who can play hours per day all year round may don't see an issue.

Others who have less time to play but don't want/need a lot of credits may be content too.

But those type of players are not the majority.

For my part, my two hiatus of playing were down to 2 issues : tired of the little grinding I was doing (like 1 Sardegna per day) and few attractive content. Letting a few months pass by allows some new content to accumulate with updates.

The buying of credits is way too expensive to be a real money maker for PD.

Think about it. Grinding one of the big 5 races is ~1.5 million per hour

2 million credits is €19.99 (don't know how expensive it is in other countries).

So, by working/grinding you earn €15.00. Most people here in Europe don't even earn that per hour. So they would be better off grinding than paying that money.

Maybe some whales pay this amount for the credits. But PD is not doing microtransactions very well for the majority of the people
Ok, so why are they fixing these so called bugs then? Just to frustrate us? Why are they refusing to fix the real issue, which is the in-game economy? Seriously, why? Are they stupid?

Edit: For the record I have a total play time of 412 hours, and I’ve earned a total of 153,816,357 credits. The total value of all cars is something like 500,000,000 at the moment, right? So I have quite some way to go.

Also, some concrete suggestions how to fix the economy and make it fun to earn credits:
  1. Make the payouts for hard Sophy races the following: 3rd - 100,000, 2nd - 250,000 and 1st - 500,000
  2. Allow us to sell parts and engines and increase what we get for selling cars. Classic/legendary cars in particular.
  3. Make the minimum daily workout bonus 100,000.

Last edited:
What is the average credits/hour of doing sport mode daily races only? Assuming average finishing placement like a normal person would achieve.

I'm genuinely curious how that stacks up against the rest of the game and what it comes down to as far as "hours played to afford a $20M car from the LCD".

Need the carrot on a stick in games. Using an exploit to buy everything in an instant would suck the fun right out of it for me.
I'm in a similar vein . . . but everyone has a way to play.
So you won approximatively 1.5M Cr. per hour of gameplay.

Now what ? You will pretend you did not grind ?

Emotion Reaction GIF
I want to address this one directly.

Something is a "Grind" when you don't enjoy it. I can work 10 hour shifts or 6 hour shifts and consider each a grind because I didn't enjoy those jobs. I have worked 14 hour shifts and currently work a 9-5 where I enjoy my job so much I have to be reminded to take breaks and go home! I would not classify that as a grind.

That's the thing I've been on for about a decade plus on this forum.

I enjoy Gran Turismo 7. I enjoy the LeMans race with my 904 and run it in VR rather frequently and do the same at "Sardines" with a different car. I race online pretty much daily; time trials a couple-few times a week. And SOPHY - that's when I turn all the radar and whatnot off and just drive in VR.

My point is this: all of these bring in credits. All of these are things I enjoy doing in GT7 and for me they are not a grind. There are two 20 Million cars I don't have and that's because I've not made them a priority.

You can choose to grind. I choose to have fun, and that's my priority. If someone else chooses to grind, that is their choice. I just think if you find it a grind . . . make a different choice.

we all play our games our own way. I don't have life time to grind at 1.5mill/hr to buy 20mill cars.. that to me is a joke and an insult to the value of our real life time, especially when we have already invested $800 on a console and $100 on the title just to have some fun.
Everyone has a particular view; I don't feel this is an insult. As I stated above, it's a choice you get to make. As someone with a house/mortgage/middle schooler/spouse/9-5/house chef (#CastIronSkills) I have to make choices about my time every day.

If you find GT7 and its economy an insult, make a different choice.
and that my friend, is disgusting, absurd and horrifying game design! Just imagine if you had a life... I'm not sure who the target audience for PD is anymore.. it used to be car lovers...
I'd say it still is. My avatar is (I'm convinced) why I love cars so much to this day.

But everyone will view things differently. You and I are no different in that regard.

Granted this is just my opinion . . . it may be wrong.

^Im pretty sure grinding is used as a slang for the most part and is a subjective experience…i know people who use that term in a positive context a la hustling culture

Last edited:
Need the carrot on a stick in games. Using an exploit to buy everything in an instant would suck the fun right out of it for me.

People acting like doing 4 races in a game like GT7, with all its features from photographing, painting, online racing to collecting, is 'playing the game' whilst it's only like 1% of the actual game is getting annoying. This game is not purely about making money in everything you do, so using an exploit to enjoy the other 99% of GT7 is not sucking fun away, its creating tons of more fun.

For me grinding is repeating the same race ad nauseam because it is one of the few that brings more than peanuts.

If I've had only played for fun, I'll have less than the 3rd of the credits I've earnt in 2 years (not taking into account the PP glitch which I exploited last week).

I would rather play uniquely for fun and not have issues with credits.

Something is a "Grind" when you don't enjoy it.
i use the word "grind" when my controller is sitting crooked on a table, wallriding me free money. in a way, i'm not even doing anything. im watching football, or F1, or cooking, or doing literally anything else at all that is a better use of my time, while earning free money.

in no way is it called a "grind" because it is "something I don't enjoy", it's a "grind" because it is a process that is not over instantly. arguing based on rigid interpretations of words (that others do not share) is an exhausting thing to do.

What is the average credits/hour of doing sport mode daily races only? Assuming average finishing placement like a normal person would achieve.
I’ve collected Sport mode credit statistics several times. Though we already know it pays absolute peanuts here are some objective and actual numbers for you to dissect. ;)

People acting like doing 4 races in a game like GT7, with all its features from photographing, painting, online racing to collecting, is 'playing the game' whilst it's only like 1% of the actual game is getting annoying. This game is not purely about making money in everything you do, so using an exploit to enjoy the other 99% of GT7 is not sucking fun away, its creating tons of more fun.
This is pretty much my life with GT7… granted I’m 38, 3 kids married with my own business. So I am pretty busy, but GT7 is the only game I truly play. I don’t do no exploits nor am I mad at anyone who uses them. One thing for sure though I am not going crazy over money or owning every car. Granted I am sitting on 98M but it’s been crazy fun getting that money! Between the license, missions, CE, Cafe, World circuits, sports mode, TT, league racing… I mean sometimes it’s too much to do lol. You throw in the wheel setup and VR I mean for me, a person who loves cars and Motorsports GT7 is had been a sandbox!

This will not only be my first GT I’ve ever get a platinum trophy in, for I have never got platinum in any game. I had to do the 50 sport mode races and I had some free time during last week, man I tell you it was so fun! I did the Fuji GT3 in my Ferrari I am a lower A driver… The group of people which consists of A+A drivers were great. I had some races that were very bad, but out of 44 races I did over last week I had maybe 6 bad races where one of the drivers were doing bogus stuff. The thing with the Daily’s is the group of people I raced with.. I saw them through the whole week, It was cool because you would see people forming bonds and the racing was just great! I even got 2nd place one race because me and a guy I raced with all week just helped each other (drafting) it was a good experience for me at least now my DR is a little past halfway!

For reference, these are the four things they added to known issues since 1.40. Other than these and maybe a stealth fix for the d-pad not being able to select Colorado Springs on World Circuits, don't expect anything else from this update than:
Controller
 - When the value of the 'Vibration Strength' under the 'Options' menu is set to 130 or higher, vibrations are not output correctly with the following controllers:
 ・DualSense™ Wireless Controller (PS5® version only.)
 ・Thrustmaster® T-GT / T-GT II
 ・Logitech® G G923
 ・Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel

Please set the value to '125' or loss in order to avoid any issue while we work to resolve the issue.ll.
They don't mention the DS4 but mine is affected as well. I lowered it to 125 in the main vibration settings but nothing changes. I still can't feel the road, the curbs, etc. The only, somewhat, strong vibration I feel is when I crash my car into the guardrail.

Am I the only one on PS4 with this problem?

The vibration is still perfect in other games.

Last edited:
Finally managed to get my XM4 headphones to work on my PS5 by connecting them to my Samsung TV. Now my headphones work on every device connected to my TV. A slight amount of lag involved but only slight. I’ve done five races today. Nurburgring 3 laps, HSR 20 laps, the Le Mans 30 minutes, the World series Nations Cup and a one lap of Nurburgring arcade pro setting. The headphones are a significant improvement over the official Pulse 3D headphones and show off the excellent sound quality in GT7

I did not do the ticket glitch or the daytona grind because I am a coward.
As a result, I own less than 1/100th of the average cr owned by my friends who did the grind.
I sometimes regret my choices as foolish when I see them putting their unlimited assets into what they want to do, but I am sure I will remain a coward if I find another glitch.
So I will not criticize the PD for fixing the glitches.

But even as someone who did not use those glitches, I do have some complaints about the income/expense balance of the game.
My biggest complaint is the cost of upgrades.
I raise funds mainly at Le Mans, but the funds I spend 30 minutes getting are gone as soon as I upgrade just a few cars.
I wish the upgrade costs were a little lower and I could more easily upgrade a variety of cars.

Another complaint is the roulette tickets.
They have fixed the way we get our cr efficiently many times in the past.
On the other hand, I have a gripe with them for still not making improvements to this infamous system.

These tickets post us attractive giveaways, like VGT's, very expensive cars, and huge cr's that show up with gold nugget icons.
But if we turn it in 100 times, probably 99 of those times it gives only the lowest value prizes.
If these tickets were improved and gave decent stuff, people would have more fun and enjoy the game positively without resorting to glitches and grinds.

I’ve collected Sport mode credit statistics several times. Though we already know it pays absolute peanuts here are some objective and actual numbers for you to dissect. ;)
Awesome, don’t even really need to do the math to see it comes out in the same roughly 100 hours for $20M territory of the less lucrative single player races. Glad I no longer need to worry.

i use the word "grind" when my controller is sitting crooked on a table, wallriding me free money. in a way, i'm not even doing anything. im watching football, or F1, or cooking, or doing literally anything else at all that is a better use of my time, while earning free money.
Sounds like by your definition here it's something you don't enjoy doing. I'm basing this on better use of time stated above - nothing else.
in no way is it called a "grind" because it is "something I don't enjoy", it's a "grind" because it is a process that is not over instantly. arguing based on rigid interpretations of words (that others do not share) is an exhausting thing to do.
I'll remember that next time I'm having adult time with the Mrs.

"Baby . . . this is a grind."

#ToTheCouch #withDispatch

Never ever had the thought that developers aren’t that happy about things that undermine their game design, their idea of how a player should experience their creation?
Glitches, exploits etc. always aren’t welcome by developers, no matter if MTX are part of the game or not, and I can understand it, I’m not happy about the exploits either, even as a player.
When things like this come up in a game, devs throw a patch out, that’s the regular way how devs react.
Now we have a game we’re devs react the same way, but it’s also a game with MTX included, so according to you the only conclusion then is that it’s because of MTX. This is maybe the easiest, but probably not the right conclusion.
Can you put me into perspective on why my first suspicion should be (money) greediness when it comes to PD and their decisions?

For you.

you mention a key point in the lack of realism debate, one that has always irked me. The resale value of cars is soooo unrealistic, despite Kaz making a point of having a legends dealership which uses hagerty insurance valuations and appreciates and depreciates in cycles because Kaz says he wants you to have the most realistic lifelike experience possible...... and then the whole argument falls apart when you buy a MacF1 for 20mill and immediately try to sell it and it's value has dropped down to 14mill (etc), before you have even taken delivery of the vehicle in your home garage! Ridiculous... This is sooo far away from reality. IRL, you could find a buyer for your mclaren f1 for what you paid for it, give or take a few percent. Basically, they have applied new car depreciation to the legend cars on resale which makes the whole thing a joke and further demonstrates that they want you to buy credits and only apply the IRL reasoning as it suits them

Back