Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,432 comments
Which cars are ok? I tried all kinds, from the Porsche in the first music rally to the Redbull X2014. Their vibrations are all very weak.

For starters I put Prainos BMW M4 Gr4 setup on the M4 Safety Car. It has some good feel to it imo and is quite solid. I think the GR Morizo was ok. I'll do some checking when I fire up the game.

Almost all of my cars are tuned if that makes a difference.

For starters I put Prainos BMW M4 Gr4 setup on the M4 Safety Car. It has some good feel to it imo and is quite solid. I think the GR Morizo was ok. I'll do some checking when I fire up the game.

Almost all of my cars are tuned if that makes a difference.
I don't think we're talking about the same thing. Anyway if you have to put a setup on your car to feel the vibration there's already something very wrong.

This user is having the same issue I have. Vibration on ALL cars is very weak. PS4, dualshock 4.

Out of interest, can you link to some of these people spending thousands on GT7 MTXs?

Also, if the flex is how much they've spent, all PD need to do is have expensive MTXs, they don't need to dramatically negatively affect the economy of the game. People say they want more races that pay out the same as the big 4 - okay, that's still 15-20 hours... surely a whale spending thousands isn't go to miss out on the flex in favour 15-20 hours work, especially when the trinket they get isn't required for progression, is not pay to win, and many people won't give a **** about, that's functionally inferior to assets everyone has easy access to in the game. GT is a 4 to 5 year life span game, with only a trivial number of things that are close to unobtainable... it's not like there'll be a new game every year, or massive updates you need to buy assets for every few months... there's literally no rush that requires you to spend on MTX's aside from the not-at-all-justified FOMO in the LCD (because everything comes around again).

Whales may exist, that doesn't mean they have any bearing on the economy of GT7.

If I had to guess I'd say PD priced the MTX's to give sport mode players a chance to skip the offline portion of the game and still buy a load of cars, tyres, ballast etc. for a one-time fee comparable to an iRacing subscription, without at the same time giving people an easy way to massively cheese the offline collector element of the game. That's the only way I can make sense of the pricing, personally.

This isn't the interview video I saw but it's close enough.

Unfortunately, this can't be proven. The closest one can get is seeing PD immediately alter pricing to make it more enticing, but I don't think they have. And they're not going to lower the prices with the way it's currently setup where $20 for 2,000,000 Cr. is the "best deal". Lowering that means everything else has to be lowered below it & PD isn't going to give away 100,000 Cr. for something more appealing like $1.50.

They seem overly expensive, but the industry shows a significant amount of people accept them. If people are still dumping money on Shark Cards (where the value doesn't go very far given the costs of items released into the game in the last 2 years) yet Rockstar continues to report massive amounts of money made, I have no doubt PD has seen an acceptable amount of money spent on their Credit Purchases.
I agree completely, the notion that MTX's aren't being targeted because "they're expensive" is completely flawed. Sony will be making a nice amount on MTX's from GT7, I would bet my house on that. But unfortunately, neither side of this coin can be proved without access to the hard data. However, you don't have to look hard to find people stating that they've paid for MTX's online. In fact, over 6.5% of people on this poll here advised that they had. So there is data that suggests people are buying into them even if it's not comprehensive, and that tallies with past studies that suggests that they would. That said...
I don't think MTX can be blamed for everything in GT7, but it definitely has some influence on car prices & pay outs to drive some interest its way.
I 100% agree with this also, MTX's are not the reason the PP Cr calcualtions have been fixed, the clue is in that it was a bug.

Bug fixes are not a result of MTX's, nor is the fact that most of the races involve the long procession starts with chase the rabbit formats or the lack of a proper single player campaign etc. They're poor design choices perhaps, depending on the players perspective, but they have nothing to do with MTX's.

Last edited:
I 100% agree with this also, MTX's are not the reason the PP Cr calcualtions have been fixed, the clue is in that it was a bug.

Bug fixes are not a result of MTX's, nor is the fact that most of the races involve the long procession starts with chase the rabbit formats or the lack of a proper single player campaign etc. They're poor design choices perhaps, depending on the players perspective, but they have nothing to do with MTX's.
I’m curious why it didn’t get fixed at any point in the first 20 months of it existing since the launch of the game, and only finally addressed when the credit farm exploits started popping this past month?

I’m curious why it didn’t get fixed at any point in the first 20 months of it existing since the launch of the game, and only finally addressed when the credit farm exploits started popping this past month?
Popularity. You've answered it in your own post IMO. It was barely being exploited in the first 20 months or however long it was. Then when they adjusted the algorithm that calcualtes the credit payouts, it suddenly became a very popular exploit and was plastered all over social media. That's why I think it was patched out now. Before then, it was an under the radar issue that wasn't having a notable impact on anything.

While it isn't impossible that they've done it due to MTX's, I don't see it as the more plausable reason, else they'd have patched it 20 months ago or made sure that the bug was patched before, or at the very least, at the same time they increased the payouts.

Last edited:
For anyone with a passing familiarity with the industry as a whole, it's absolutely understandable to be jaded when it comes to the existence of MTX in any game, especially a full price AAA first party game on a closed platform.

Devs didn't decided to add progression skippers that cost real money to their game for your benefit. They designed the game where such a system is even "needed" in the first place.

a very popular exploit and was plastered all over social media
The usual suspects were all over it (taking it from the discussion threads here) right away; we only posted about it when it made Known Issues, explaining what the issue was, how it worked, how to definitely not do it by accident, and a video guide on what you shouldn't do to trigger it...

Chances are PD would have picked it up anyway, because (despite those who insist otherwise; I've seen it) they do read the site, but amplifying it like that just got it seen quicker. Gotta get the content...

Last edited:
They don't. It's about Raid Shadow legends, but what they say about that goes for all games.
Wait, Raid Shadow Legends is real? I thought it was just a meme made up by YouTubers!

... anyhow, I don't care, if no-one has any proper examples of PD harpooning whales AND designing the economy specifically to do so it's no better speculation than anything else, and still makes no actual sense.

GTA online is a pay to win game where those that play can save huge amounts of time by buying their way to gear.

It's more comparable to F2P mobile games.

In GT7 we don't really have anything like that.
That's not the point. If people are still handing money, hand over fist to a game where the value has dwindled significantly over time, people are handing money to PD to save similar amounts of time to buy the most expensive cars in the game.
You're deep in the sand if you don't think MTX pricing influences this car prices & race payouts. The whole appeal of MTX is paying to bypass time; high car prices vs. low payouts = necessary time to invest. Some people don't want to do that.

Last edited:
Sounds like by your definition here it's something you don't enjoy doing. I'm basing this on better use of time stated above - nothing else.
I said I don’t mind making money in GT with glitches because it is a background task.

If you’re going to flip around the -literal opposite- of the thing i actually said in some kind of debate tactic, don’t reply to me.

You're holding someone else's claim to be false until proven - why not hold your own claim to the standard?
The entire existence of MTX proves my "claim". MTX in a video game only works when devs. alter the rest of the game's economy to increase the appeal of using MTX.

This game's original at-launch discussions pointing out the car prices, low payouts, & the FOMO-effects of the Legendary Dealer rotation whilst a MTX feature is introduced after the reviews are done is not coincidence.

Last edited:
The entire existence of MTX proves my "claim". MTX in a video game only works when devs. alter the rest of the game's economy to increase the appeal of using MTX.

False.

I'd suggest the uptake rate for MTX's in GT7 would improve dramatically if you could Microtransact 3 billion credits into your game for 1 cent, without PD changing any aspect of the pricing or pay out structure that already exists within the game, if for no other reason than than it would be cheaper for the people that are AFK, rubberbanding or performing any other exploit (electricity bill)

This would demonstrate that MTX's actually work in any scenario where an individual wishes to progress in some fashion faster than the standard game mechanic allows, irrespective of whether that game mechanic factored in MTX's or not.

Last edited:
Part of the reason why I bought Forza Motorsport was to drive all the cars without needing to grind. The thing I hate about GT7 is that you have to buy all the cars you want to drive, even if you only intend on using them for a few minutes. This intentional design choice tells me that Sony or PD or whoever don't WANT you to drive the ultra-expensive cars; unless you spend a heap of money or a heap of time grinding. What the hell. It's the wrong approach if you ask me.

I never understood the argument of players saying that cars being expensive = massive challenge. That's not a real challenge, that's just a boring, dull, time-consuming feature implemented.

Saving up for the most expensive cars in the car isn't going to help you with beating the late stage races or harder races. and the more difficult events are the multi-chili pepper races, which can be beaten with cars way cheaper.

And most online races involve using Gr.3 & 4 race cars that are typically priced around 350-450k credits with some outliers here and there. That's not hard.

----

Here's how a proper challenge would be done. Have one of the most expensive cars be a prize car for some hard challenge in the game, like an endurance race with cars on high chili-pepper difficulty. You're going up against the strongest A.I. cars (excluding Sophy) while having to now think of tire/fuel strategy and make sure you have the right car & setup for the task.

Last edited:
False.

I'd suggest the uptake rate for MTX's in GT7 would improve dramatically if you could Microtransact 3 billion credits into your game for 1 cent, without PD changing any aspect of the pricing or pay out structure that already exists within the game, if for no other reason than than it would be cheaper for the people that are AFK, rubberbanding or performing any other exploit (electricity bill)

This would demonstrate that MTX's actually work in any scenario where an individual wishes to progress in some fashion faster than the standard game mechanic allows, irrespective of whether that game mechanic factored in MTX's or not.
Indeed. Studios would normally provide both a "value" purchase to capture the low spenders as well as the exorbitantly priced whale packs. Something like a monthly 20% VIP credit booster or car/upgrade discount or double roulette spins or what have you.

PD only provides the whale option. I wonder if a value tier MTX was ever in the plans or if the backlash against the game's economy after the game's launch (and subsequent update that reduced the already anaemic race payouts across the board) put those plans on ice for now.

pmilc4xhc12c1.jpg

I already have the 190E and this is way too cool to pass up.

flashback to GT4 IA-15

Last edited:
If I could pay 5 euros to stop reading about MTX in non MTX topics I would glady do.
Or would that be considered as GTPlanet MTX?

Back