Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
I could be wrong (and I hope so!) but I don't think an update will be coming until January. I mean, the developers need a break sometimes. :cheers:

To me, PD has left the impression that they are having difficultly financially obtaining licenses to certain cars & tracks and a way to get around that they are more and more falling back on the VGT to fill the gap.

To me, PD has left the impression that they are having difficultly financially obtaining licenses to certain cars & tracks and a way to get around that they are more and more falling back on the VGT to fill the gap.
That’s assuming that PD has to pay for every license. I think some manufacturers really appreciate having their cars showcased in racing games, and for that reason some licensing deals may not involve bills to be paid.

STRAIGHT4 Studio is working on a new generation of racing game (with formers' Project Cars 2 developers). They are pushing the immersion by including deep learning AI Synthesized TV Commentary Team that is able to describe what is happening in the race, live, impersonating real life commentators voices.... So I decided to do the same with some personal skills and see how GT7 will looks with those kind of commentaries during the replay..What do you think? Wouldn't be great to get this new feature in the next GT8?

STRAIGHT4 Studio is working on a new generation of racing game (with formers' Project Cars 2 developers). They are pushing the immersion by including deep learning AI Synthesized TV Commentary Team that is able to describe what is happening in the race, live, impersonating real life commentators voices.... So I decided to do the same with some personal skills and see how GT7 will looks with those kind of commentaries during the replay..What do you think? Wouldn't be great to get this new feature in the next GT8?

I... kinda frown upon the use of AI in general. I mean, sure, it may help with some aspects of game development. But when it comes to using AI to replace voice actors and fanartists and other stuff? That is where I draw the line. =/

I... kinda frown upon the use of AI in general. I mean, sure, it may help with some aspects of game development. But when it comes to using AI to replace voice actors and fanartists and other stuff? That is where I draw the line. =/
Doesn't sound like AI to my ears, seems like its just well synced commentary from an actual race to a replay.

I think that PD telling us about licenses they are unable to get for tracks...and real tracks specifically is a load of bs. Not in the sense that these real tracks have become expensive or unattainable...as those factors make sense. But why can PD not seem to bring back fictional tracks and street courses they have previously used that would require NO license fee? Sooooooo many great courses exist!!!!

I don’t think they are having financial difficulties obtaining licenses, I think it’s just they don’t want to pay what the owners/manufacturers want!

Hey, didn't PD "retcon" the GT Cup Gr.3 races to have BoP enabled? I wonder if they could do something similar for the Gr.1 Prototype Series events, wherein not only could they be limited to actual Gr.1 cars, but could also have BoP enabled, too.
Yes, and GT4 as well. Honestly, the best part of the Spec II update for me, finally those races were usable for me, instead of having to use RH tyres and ballast/restrictor to fit with those stupid PP requirements

Quick question for people who know more than me about the GTWS:

Super GT just uploaded his GTWS recap vlog, cool video. But a very specific thing I saw is that at 9:56-9:57, when he pits, there's a driver selection menu before the tyre selection. I've never seen that before, but I don't know if it's always been a feature at these type of events and I've just never noticed it before, or if it's actually new?

Super GT just uploaded his GTWS recap vlog, cool video. But a very specific thing I saw is that at 9:56-9:57, when he pits, there's a driver selection menu before the tyre selection. I've never seen that before, but I don't know if it's always been a feature at these type of events and I've just never noticed it before, or if it's actually new?
Yea I saw that! Imagine if we can team up and do online events?!?!

I do believe that was new. I noticed several small menu changes to the live event game builds this year.

1703120638459.png

Ok, that's wild. Might just be something to make these Pro/Am events easier but man would league racing go to the next level with this.

View attachment 1313348

Ok, that's wild. Might just be something to make these Pro/Am events easier but man would league racing go to the next level with this.
I would be all onboard for this to be implemented into the main game, but for an online feature. Where you could team up with people on a friendslist and be able to do events/GTWS/online as a team. Would be amazing, if nit just wish fulfillment:drool:!

Could you do some examples?
Nothing specific, really. I just noticed the car selection, name entry, and ProAm team selection process felt more streamlined. It's usually a very hectic process with a lot of people talking to you, cameras, securing your things, and wanting to get as many practice laps in as possible so I don't pay close attention to the menus.

Can I briefly discuss branding of cars?

First off, I think the McLaren F1 GTR from '97 should be listed as a McLaren, rather than a BMW. Sure, it has a BMW engine, but so does the GR Supra. I get the idea that this car is listed as a BMW as a hold-over from GT4, before Gran Turismo was able to formally introduce McLaren into the series.

Second, I have no idea why so many modern Mercedes-AMG cars are listed under AMG rather than Mercedes, despite the latter buying out the former some years ago. I think the Mercedes-Benz and AMG relationship should be similar to Nissan and Nismo; the Nismo 400R is indeed listed as a Nismo model, whereas cars that have been tuned by Nismo after Nissan more fully-integrated them are listed as Nissan models, like the GT-R Nismo. So something like the 300 SEL from 1971 would continue to be listed as an AMG model, as would some of the non-Mercedes models tuned by AMG, like the AMG Galant. I think Mercedes formally created Mercedes-AMG in '99, too, so I think any AMG car from before that should be an AMG.

Or maybe AMG really did transform enough Mercedes vehicles to warrant its own brand in Brand Central. I still hope we get that AMG-tuned Galant, though. That'd be a real curveball. Either way, I suppose I don't get why something like the GT-R Nismo is listed as a Nissan whereas something like the Mercedes-AMG C63 is an AMG.

EDIT: I'm sure there's some relatively complex licensing thing going on here, especially when it comes to official naming of cars. Like it's not called the Nismo GT-R, it's the Nissan GT-R Nismo.

Last edited:
View attachment 1313348

According to Tidge, driver swaps is something PD has been messing around with for a few years.

Now, I’m just going to keep hitting the refresh button on my YouTube.com web page, waiting for Kireth to come out with a click-baity “Speculation masked as Truth” video in 3…..2…….1….

According to Tidge, driver swaps is something PD has been messing around with for a few years.
Has it always been this simple? With how quick the drivers move when swapping seats, there's never been a way to tell.

Now, I’m just going to keep hitting the refresh button on my YouTube.com web page, waiting for Kireth to come out with a click-baity “Speculation masked as Truth” video in 3…..2…….1….
"What do you think, guys? Comment what you think, guys" Swear, the Momoz interview Video is literally THE only good thing he made, everything else just reeks of typical clickbait content/engagement mill trash (Including the supposed "Beef" between him and Durk Chocolate)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back