Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
Has it always been this simple? With how quick the drivers move when swapping seats, there's never been a way to tell.

"What do you think, guys? Comment what you think, guys" Swear, the Momoz interview Video is literally THE only good thing he made, everything else just reeks of typical clickbait content/engagement mill trash (Including the supposed "Beef" between him and Durk Chocolate)

I don’t think “game-based” driver swaps is something they’ve actually implemented, but rather inside knowledge of “them” working on it that he’s gleaned over the years through his involvement with GT7.

My favorite thing with Kireth, is when someone calls him out for his click-baity titles and he goes on to address it. I remember he actually did a video addressing the criticism once, and it was straight up Kamala Harris word-salad that just proved everyone’s point.

Meanwhile he always makes YouTube.com posts and vids of him galavanting around the world chasing the F1 calendar. Must be nice to have rich parents and not have to work for a living.

….ok, I’ll admit it. I’m just hating because I’m jealous 😂

Can I briefly discuss branding of cars?

First off, I think the McLaren F1 GTR from '97 should be listed as a McLaren, rather than a BMW. Sure, it has a BMW engine, but so does the GR Supra. I get the idea that this car is listed as a BMW as a hold-over from GT4, before Gran Turismo was able to formally introduce McLaren into the series.

Second, I have no idea why so many modern Mercedes-AMG cars are listed under AMG rather than Mercedes, despite the latter buying out the former some years ago. I think the Mercedes-Benz and AMG relationship should be similar to Nissan and Nismo; the Nismo 400R is indeed listed as a Nismo model, whereas cars that have been tuned by Nismo after Nissan more fully-integrated them are listed as Nissan models, like the GT-R Nismo. So something like the 300 SEL from 1971 would continue to be listed as an AMG model, as would some of the non-Mercedes models tuned by AMG, like the AMG Galant. I think Mercedes formally created Mercedes-AMG in '99, too, so I think any AMG car from before that should be an AMG.

Or maybe AMG really did transform enough Mercedes vehicles to warrant its own brand in Brand Central. I still hope we get that AMG-tuned Galant, though. That'd be a real curveball. Either way, I suppose I don't get why something like the GT-R Nismo is listed as a Nissan whereas something like the Mercedes-AMG C63 is an AMG.

EDIT: I'm sure there's some relatively complex licensing thing going on here, especially when it comes to official naming of cars. Like it's not called the Nismo GT-R, it's the Nissan GT-R Nismo.
I am not the biggest car guy so take this with a grain of salt, might be off here.

It is correct that Mercedes bought AMG ('99 is correct I believe). However AMG is still very much a standalone brand and they emphasize this very strongly. Indeed an AMG Mercedes actually has a hand assembled AMG engine rather than a tuned Mercedes one. And some models like the GT series and the AMG One are completely developed by AMG only. All (?) other models are of course based on regular Mercedes ones.

Therefore GT might actually be correct in labeling all the AMGs under AMG rather than Mercedes.

Kireth is a personal friend of mine, this statement is 100% false.

He does work for a living, he tried YT full time for about 3months this year but went back to his day job that pays well enough to afford the lifestyle you’re jealous of.

I have zero problem standing corrected…

But there’s definitely a heavy dose of family money and/or job in there somewhere. If he was self-made, and made that kind of money to support that lifestyle of chasing the F1 calendar, then there’s no way he’d be wasting his time making YouTube videos…let alone have the time to waste making YouTube content. Not to mention a YouTube channel of Sim Racing in no universe would even come close to generate the necessary revenue for said life style. No one in their right mind would even attempt it. That is, unless you have a nice support system under you - to where failure wouldn’t necessarily set you back.

Admittedly, I’m just speculating. But have enough life experience to know that I’m probably not that far off either 👍🏼

Last edited:
But there’s definitely a heavy dose of family money
There isn't.
and/or job in there somewhere.
He's self made to end up in a good career
If he was self-made, and made that kind of money to support that lifestyle of chasing the F1 calendar, then there’s no way he’d be wasting his time making YouTube videos…let alone have the time to waste making YouTube content.
Honestly it's his prerogative on how he spends his time and money on what he enjoys.
Admittedly, I’m just speculating.
You are and 100% wrong while at it

Honestly mate it's easier to throw these accusations because of jealously of achievements others have made than to put the effort in yourself, enjoy looking like a fool

There isn't.

He's self made to end up in a good career

Honestly it's his prerogative on how he spends his time and money on what he enjoys.

You are and 100% wrong while at it

Honestly mate it's easier to throw these accusations because of jealously of achievements others have made than to put the effort in yourself, enjoy looking like a fool

No jealousy here champ. Not even the least bit.

Just a bit of sarcastic humor, which clearly you’re the only one in the room who’s head it went over

First off, I think the McLaren F1 GTR from '97 should be listed as a McLaren, rather than a BMW. Sure, it has a BMW engine, but so does the GR Supra. I get the idea that this car is listed as a BMW as a hold-over from GT4, before Gran Turismo was able to formally introduce McLaren into the series.

Second, I have no idea why so many modern Mercedes-AMG cars are listed under AMG rather than Mercedes, despite the latter buying out the former some years ago. I think the Mercedes-Benz and AMG relationship should be similar to Nissan and Nismo; the Nismo 400R is indeed listed as a Nismo model, whereas cars that have been tuned by Nismo after Nissan more fully-integrated them are listed as Nissan models, like the GT-R Nismo. So something like the 300 SEL from 1971 would continue to be listed as an AMG model, as would some of the non-Mercedes models tuned by AMG, like the AMG Galant. I think Mercedes formally created Mercedes-AMG in '99, too, so I think any AMG car from before that should be an AMG.

Or maybe AMG really did transform enough Mercedes vehicles to warrant its own brand in Brand Central. I still hope we get that AMG-tuned Galant, though. That'd be a real curveball. Either way, I suppose I don't get why something like the GT-R Nismo is listed as a Nissan whereas something like the Mercedes-AMG C63 is an AMG.

EDIT: I'm sure there's some relatively complex licensing thing going on here, especially when it comes to official naming of cars. Like it's not called the Nismo GT-R, it's the Nissan GT-R Nismo.
The BMW McLaren F1 GTR is because this is a factory BMW entry from 1997, it always was. BMW and McLaren had a partnership going on in '97 wherein they'd field the F1 GTR as a factory just like McLaren was fielding their own F1 GTRs.

Turns out this Fina car is one of those BMWs. As for AMG I think its just the brand licensing listing all AMG models as AMGs regardless of them being built before the merger or not. Like how they did SRT back in GT6.

Last edited:

I would also add that they should have the Mini listed as a car from the UK, not a German car. It is one the britishiest British cars in all of Britain’s history, and the original one has nothing to do with the situation today, so please give it back where it belongs

Thing is, this didn't just happen with Gran Turismo 4.

1703194344165.png

And it even happened with the 1996 Short tail:

1703194621490.png

This comes down to the car's owner: BMW themselves. Any Mclaren ran under the "BMW Motorsports" team name in 1996 and 1997 was basically a BMW and this continues to be the case for the 3 factory cars BMW maintains. Chassis 26R (The specific Longtail featured in GT from GT4 to GT7 as well as Total Immersion Racing and R: Racing Revolution) is maintained by BMW (Specifically, the BMW Museum) and this goes for both 1996 Short tails with Chassis 17R (Car #39) currently residing with BMW North America and Chassis 18R (Car #38, featured in Enthusia) is with BMW. So if anyone has an issue with that, take it up with BMW.

And before someone brings up Project Cars, I want to point out an important detail.

The longtail as it appears in PCARS 1:

1703195802930.png

The Longtail as it appears in GT7:

1703195907178.png

Notice the Steering Wheel? That is exclusive to Chassis 26R still maintained by BMW

1703196141861.png

Every other chassis not currently owned by BMW does not have that BMW logo in the steering wheel. Perfect examples include all the 3 sold former Factory BMW Longtails, starting with Chassis 21R:

1703196730507.png

Chassis 23R, a car formally owned by Lawrence Stroll:

1703196850949.png

And Chassis 24R as ran by the EMKA racing team in the 1999 Privilege GT Championship:

1703197033161.png

My best guess for PD continuing to use 26R is simply down to convenience. Its functionally the same car so while they are licensing the M6 GT3s and Z4 GT3, why not have it as well? Its also worth nothing that in every GT game its appeared in as well as the previously mentioned other 2 games, it appears alongside the V12 LMR and either the 2001 BMW M3 GTR or the 2011 BMW M3 GT.

Last edited:
I honestly just assumed the Longtail kept being licensed under BMW possibly because not just because BMW owned that particular variation, but also because it was just cheaper to use BMW as a license.

Now on Spotify (SEA region): GRAN TURISMO 7 ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK BEST LAP VOL.1 and GRAN TURISMO 7 JAZZ SELECTION BEST LAP VOL.2.

My personal highlights:
  • Slightly different versions of "It's All About You" and "Shadows of our Past"
  • 5 unused (?) Race Start and Race Results jingles
  • The full GT7 version of Moon Over the Castle, which is 7 minutes long and includes the intro organ section previously only heard in GT World Series events and a brand new outro!

Last edited:
There's new mixes of quite a few songs that aren't in the game (meaning the old mixes are).
The What to Believe mix in the playlist is absolutely sensational. It sounds incredible.

Also Race Start/End 05 is unused and is so funky, I love it.

The McLaren F1 was run with official factory support from BMW, and was officially entered as team BMW in the ‘97 FIA GT Championship

edit: didn’t realize this was already answered

Last edited:
I would also add that they should have the Mini listed as a car from the UK, not a German car. It is one the britishiest British cars in all of Britain’s history, and the original one has nothing to do with the situation today, so please give it back where it belongs
100% this. I am German. If you asked Germans on the street whether they thought Mini was German or British all of them would say British. BMW owning the brand doesn't make it a German car for anyone.

Did they maybe incorporate a whole new Mini entity that is actually registered in Germany? I have no idea why else PD would list them this way.

100% this. I am German. If you asked Germans on the street whether they thought Mini was German or British all of them would say British. BMW owning the brand doesn't make it a German car for anyone.

Did they maybe incorporate a whole new Mini entity that is actually registered in Germany? I have no idea why else PD would list them this way.

Absolutely! (Bin auch aus Deutschland btw😉)
Also can’t see that anyone would say its a German car, no matter if it’s the old or new one.
I think you are right, MINI as a brand has its HQ in Munich, so technically it’s a German brand now. But even if we could agree that somehow the modern MINI is a German car, the original never was and never will be, it just doesn’t make sense.

After finally the f1 gtr popped up for sale and with my recently acquired wealth in the metal grinding business, this beauty in now mine rocking the 19r livery, although ive noticed the hand shifting animation is the wrong way around, upshift should be towards the back and downshift towards the front

Last edited:
After finally the f1 gtr popped up for sale and with my recently acquired wealth in the metal grinding business, this beauty in now mine rocking the 19r livery, although ive noticed the hand shifting animation is the wrong way around, upshift should be towards the back and downshift towards the front
The shifting pattern is correct for this car.
Some (or many) of the customers didn't like it and inverted the shifter, but this BMW Motorsport one retains its original shifting pattern.

Latest Posts

Back