Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
Nah man. Not everything needs to be replied especially when it didn't make sense.
if anybody is offended by my reply...you can report me...think FAMINE - BANS people...

but in my defence...alot of those guys that are "offended" , write many bad things...its like "KARMA THING" ... you get, what you give....that's all I have to say...

After all this is for gt7 comments, opinnions...not moral standings

Last edited:
There wont be a december update, but maybe they do an early january update, they might switch over to next much sooner than anyone expected, or they are working on something big to ps5 pro comes out to boost that console sales

We still have two weeks of December.
So still possible.
Not that i'm hoping for it (well i am, but that's because i have some tickets to reroll).

p78
So still possible.
Not that i'm hoping for it (well i am, but that's because i have some tickets to reroll).
Most gaming studios will be shutting down for the holidays very soon, if they haven't already. They won't release an update without staff about for any needed hotfix, so it is very likely that everything is now on hold until January.

p78
So still possible.
Just let it go man.

They have announced an update for January and they have laid out their December plans.

There wont be a content update this month.

How gutted would everyone be if all January’s update is is those VGTs that have been teased? Because i have a feeling…
I mean they said the VGT is coming in January, so I think it's safe to assume that's exactly what we are getting, no?

Last edited:
I wanna hear opinnion...
at pikes peak, do you guys think PD staff goes around cars to look at them? or do you think its just japan - usa sponsorship thing?

wonder if they saw that porsche of Lia? maybe had a word with designers..how car works?

I mean they said the VGT is coming in January, so I think it's safe to assume that's exactly what we are getting, no?
Oh yeah but people seem to be expecting/hoping for several new cars and a whole host of other things on top, what with them missing December. Not to be pessimistic or anything, and I hope i’m wrong - but I reckon so soon after Spec II these two VGTs are what we’ll get, and all we’ll get, for a wee while.

Last edited:
I highly doubt that the VGTs is all we will get in January. Previous updates suggest we will still get something else with it, even if it is the standard 3 cars and 5 events.
But also, the longer they go without an update after Spec II the more the shine of it starts to wear off and we see it for what it is.

It's still better than nothing.
For those of us with no interest in driving the fictional sports shoes, it literally is nothing.
But also, the longer they go without an update after Spec II the more the shine of it starts to wear off and we see it for what it is.
Especially when you realize that Spec 2 had its car count bumped up by PD holding back cars from the previous releases. We didn't get more, we just got what we should have already had.

Honestly the huge November update (combined with the temporary jailbreak) has given me so much content to work with, I doubt I'll be bored with the game (or lack events to do) until late spring, lol.

PD can obviously give us the cars we want so they should do just that from now on instead of pussyfooting around. The increased player numbers after Spec 2.0 shows that people will respond positively to good content updates. It would be stupid to sleep on this information and revert back to the same old update cycle, but it seems like they already have. Kaz needs to stop talking in riddles and actually tell us what the hell is going on because I'm sick of this insular work ethic. GT is a worldwide product so it shouldn't be shunned by a Japanese working culture that's akin to their policy on immigration.

PD can obviously give us the cars we want so they should do just that from now on instead of pussyfooting around. The increased player numbers after Spec 2.0 shows that people will respond positively to good content updates. It would be stupid to sleep on this information and revert back to the same old update cycle, but it seems like they already have. Kaz needs to stop talking in riddles and actually tell us what the hell is going on because I'm sick of this insular work ethic. GT is a worldwide product so it shouldn't be shunned by a Japanese working culture that's akin to their policy on immigration.
This is maybe a worldwide product but the team is japanese, the brand is japanese, rule by a japanese, even more the founder, they are litteraly one of the first Sony studio, even if officially they arent?
This is normal that the game is done by a japanese manner, we can't complain, or buy Forza or rF2 or Iracing. I'm frustrated too but I'm not the dev and the japanese of work is ok for me, since I've started played video games. I quite like Japanese games, and Sony should focus more on their national studios to make better in house game, much like Nintendo do.
For the immagration law, Japan have the right to do all the law they want to prevent immigration, it's totally their rights.

PD can obviously give us the cars we want so they should do just that from now on instead of pussyfooting around. The increased player numbers after Spec 2.0 shows that people will respond positively to good content updates. It would be stupid to sleep on this information and revert back to the same old update cycle, but it seems like they already have.
I think GTS and the way it was rolled out has created a lot of entitlement within the community and created the expectation of monthly updates. But GTS was released under a completely different premise.

As long as PD and Sony don't monetize additional content I'm certain they enjoy increased player numbers, but they don't necessarily chase them.
GT might become a service game one day and that will change, but right now? Why would they care?

I also think it's foolish to think PD should/could "give us the cars we want", because we all want different things. You even have a VGT defense force in this very forum.

And I'm just gonna ignore the things you said about Japan because holy ****...

Last edited:
I pretty much have the cars I want. A couple more specific ones, but the must have, that keep me playing, are in.
If the car updates stopped, after the new VGTs are added, I'd be just fine. :)
I would just wish the R390 GT1 and the GT-one 98 to complete a little bit the GT1 category. But as we have the cars into assetto corsa...
It's not the same but on console game we can't have everything

Latest Posts

Back