Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
Disappointment?

In all seriousness, I've got two 1M Cr. cars from the last two 6* car tickets, but nothing special.

-

There are currently three 20M Cr. cars and one 18M Cr. car in the LCD... my only question is, why??
My afk grinding with the Mazda Demio is making overtime! Almost got all 4 of them. Only 5 million left for the Mercedes

For those annoyed by blinking images, if you use AdBlock, you can add this rule to remove the christmas lights for GTP header:
Code:
www.gtplanet.net##.christmas .p-navSticky::before
The lights already respect the "Reduce Motion" accessibility option available in all modern browsers and operating systems. They will not blink if this option is enabled.

December can't be skipped because it's Christmas. Santa Claus and his Goblins would be extremely offended otherwise
In all seriousness though - the ship for a December update has sailed.

Given that we already know the January update will be VGT infested I'm looking at February and beyond ;)

Last edited:
With Mazda having acquired new Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars since GT Sport's launch, and with Mercedes-AMG and Nissan at least getting updated models, I wonder what other automakers could use updates to their potential Manufacturers Cup entries?

Now, I could go on about wanting more Gr.2 and Gr.1 cars, and maybe even a few more Gr.B cars, but I think Gr.4/Gr.3 being the core of the Manufacturers Cup is unlikely to change, as much as I'd like to see other groups in that series.

Ferrari and Hyundai stick out the most, IMO. I don't think the former will get the 488 and its GTE equivalent, though. Rather, I could see - and would prefer - skipping the 488 entirely and going right to the 296 and its GT3 equivalent. Hyundai, on the other hand, could absolutely get a Gr.3-spec Elantra N, and maybe a TCR-spec Veloster alongside it for a newer Gr.4 entry. (Alternatively, if Genesis is "the main event" for the broader Hyundai conglomerate, then I'd at least like to see the Elantra N road car get added to Hyundai, as well as the Genesis G80 Sport.)

Unfortunately, I definitely don't see any possible updates to some automakers, like Mitsubishi and Dodge. I'd say the same of Subaru for now, though given their success with the GT300-spec BRZ, I could see them getting a new Gr.3 candidate in the distant future, like if there's another iteration of the aforementioned BRZ. Chevrolet could potentially use a made-for-game C8 Gr.3, as I doubt the C8 Z06 GT3.R will be added - I recall that Pratt & Miller are unusually difficult to work with, who worked on both the C8 GT3.R as well as the more iconic C5-R. Lamborghini could use the Huracan GT3 Evo 2, BMW could get the M4, Aston Martin the Vantage AMR GT3, McLaren the 720S, and Porsche the 992-based GT3 R. For some of these, we already have the equivalent road cars, but for others, I'd like to see the respective models, like for McLaren, BMW, and Aston Martin. (Let alone other road cars that happen to have turned into race cars that are already no longer raced, like the BMW M8!)

I would love to see Bentley join the Manufacturers Cup, too, as their current GT3 racer's homologation doesn't expire for nearly two years to the month, in December 2025. (Especially if we also get the likely Gr.1-spec Speed 8 that won Le Mans!) Similarly, I would like to see Maserati join the Manufacturers Cup, but I don't think featuring the older GranTurismo GT3 would cut it, nor the MC12 from the final days of GT1, as much as I'd like the latter's road-going version. The closest thing I can imagine is the upcoming MC20 GT2, but I don't know if that'd really go into Gr.3 or not. I suppose there's a possibility we could get a made-for-game Gr.3-spec version of the MC20, instead.

How does that rule out a content update? These usually don’t get announced until a few days before they drop.
I mean… hold on to that hope.

But keep in mind that they have (partly) announced their January content update already and announced their December plans.
If you think there’s still room for a December content update in there I admire your optimism, but I certainly don’t share it.

Hope you’re right of course.

Last edited:
Just wondering:

The Genesis VGT will be gifted earlier than its official release in the game, right? Assuming one has watched the live stream; in a similar scheme as the HiMedic.

IMG-20231213-WA0000.jpg

These are still rookie numbers I guess.

Just wondering:

The Genesis VGT will be gifted earlier than its official release in the game, right? Assuming one has watched the live stream; in a similar scheme as the HiMedic.
No, from the way it's worded on the site, it'll be gifted as part of the January update at the same time as when the car will be added.

I mean… hold on to that hope.

But keep in mind that they have (partly) announced their January content update already and announced their December plans.
If you think there’s still room for a December content update in there I admire your optimism, but I certainly don’t share it.

Hope you’re right of course.
I’m not really expecting a December update myself, but that’s mainly because Spec II is still somewhat fresh and it was relatively big. However, future plans announced by PD isn’t something I’d rely on to rule out the possibility of Kaz suddenly posting car silhouettes on X.

Personally, I’m ok with bi-monthly updates, if said updates are content heavy. Doesn’t necessarily need to be up to Spec 2.0 levels, but meaningful updates with meaningful changes are more important at this stage in the game’s life imo
Yeah. The amount of events and cars in spec 2 was perfect. I would be cery happy to see this in January.

I start thinking that we might not be getting a December update.. However, a January update will be pretty much guaranteed at that point as the new year update, and it might be a fairly large one (though not as large as Spec II, obviously)

Last edited:
My guess for next update is:

Sophy available on more tracks (perhaps coinciding with the next GTWS season).

Sophy available in custom races alongside 🌶️ AI…thus opening up that last unknown tier of difficulty

Full dynamic weather at most North American tracks

BOP changes for sport mode

5 cars (could honestly care less what they are)

No physics changes

FFB update

(2) endurance races - with one of them being 90 minutes at the ring.

No VR updates

No QOL improvements

Last edited:
Back