Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,131 comments
Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN
If your family have properties that can sell to support you surely Is not a poor family

You mind providing the evidence of where his family was "Rich"? Seems like you just hate this guy having all the attention while ignoring the part where he is literally THE first Nations Cup Champion, the first Toyota Gazoo Racing series Champ AND a winner of the Manufacturers Series (though its also odd you single him out as "Another racing driver that comes from a Brazilian Rich Family" specifically). Lot of unnecessary and very broad sweeping contempt in this post.
Read gtplanet article posted by jordan and you Will see that Is family Is not poor, i don' t know you but my family when i was a child doesn' t had the Money for finance karting sessions

If your family have properties that can sell to support you surely Is not a poor family

Read gtplanet article posted by jordan and you Will see that Is family Is not poor, i don' t know you but my family when i was a child doesn' t had the Money for finance karting sessions
Even if this made any sense - and it doesn't - "not poor" isn't the same thing as "rich". You claimed that they were rich, and this is obviously not the case. Don't think nobody saw your attempt to move those goalposts.

Just take the L from your idiotic assumptions in your haste to denigrate and move on instead of trying to dig further.

Just stop the goalpost moving and take the L man.

It’s getting sad.

EDIT: Oh fun. Used the same phrase as Famine. Did not see the post before posting. lol

Last edited:
Even if this made any sense - and it doesn't - "not poor" isn't the same thing as "rich". You claimed that they were rich, and this is obviously not the case. Don't think nobody saw your attempt to move those goalposts.

Just take the L from your idiotic assumptions in your haste to denigrate and move on instead of trying to dig further.
I dont' know your concept of wealth but if you have properties to sell and Money to invest in Motorsport you are Rich, not for you ?

Hey guys, I remember something making my console crash a month or so after GT7 released, I updated it today and there is a bunch of cool new things since I last played, I have a different PS5 since the last crash, I did the sunday cup race as part of the new weekly races thing, I went to do the 3rd race and as soon as I selected my car the console shutdown, the repairing drives etc messages when it started again, has this happened for anyone else?

I dont' know your concept of wealth but if you have properties to sell and Money to invest in Motorsport you are Rich, not for you ?
No. You'd be rich if you have enough money to pay for that sort of thing without having to sell things you own.

Igor's family sold their possessions (don't know why you're insisting it's "properties"; they sold their stuff, not houses) to fund basic karting. He and his dad lived in a car in a supermarket parking lot.

You're wrong. Grossly, and stubbornly wrong.

No. You'd be rich if you have enough money to pay for that sort of thing without having to sell things you own.

Igor's family sold their possessions (don't know why you're insisting it's "properties"; they sold their stuff, not houses) to fund basic karting. He and his dad lived in a car in a supermarket parking lot.

You're wrong. Grossly, and stubbornly wrong.
So they had a car!? Must be nice to be RICH! ;)

I'm assuming you grew up living in something worse than a car in a supermarket car park. Anything better than that, and by your own logic, you are from a rich family.

Except I did and noticed something: The part where he and his family were "Homeless" (Something that if you bothered reading, you would have seen too) Last I checked, there is no such thing as "Rich" people that are homeless and living in cars. The mental gymnastics here is amusing.

Last edited:
18cb692ec6331-screenshotUrl.jpg

18cb6930fd87-screenshotUrl.jpg

18cb69632a365-screenshotUrl.jpg

18cb696501037-screenshotUrl.jpg

Good morning/day/evening to all of you,
has anyone experienced something like this? Some weird reflections/artifacts that appear on the car's side during each race intro? Tried a bunch of cars (Silvia S14, C7 ZR1 etc.) on different tracks (Deep Forest, Tokyo, Route X) and each one of them suffer from this. On the other hand, different cars (such as the DB11) on the same tracks are fine.

Strangest thing is that I never noticed it before the last few days...

View attachment 1315099

View attachment 1315100

View attachment 1315101

View attachment 1315102

has anyone experienced something like this? Some weird reflections/artifacts that appear on the car's side during each race intro? Tried a bunch of cars (Silvia S14, C7 ZR1 etc.) on different tracks (Deep Forest, Tokyo, Route X) and each one of them suffer from this. On the other hand, different cars (such as the DB11) on the same tracks are fine.

It looks like noisy ray tracing caused by a combination of low light conditions and highly specular painting on these models. Hardware limits the number of light rays used in ray tracing mode and can cause these issues under certain conditions, even if the graphics engine uses a denoising solution. You only notice it in the intro or in replay mode because it is at those moments when ray tracing is used, during gameplay a conventional raster rendering is used.
In other cars with more matte paint or in other lighting conditions these noises will be less visible.

It looks like noisy ray tracing caused by a combination of low light conditions and highly specular painting on these models. Hardware limits the number of light rays used in ray tracing mode and can cause these issues under certain conditions, even if the graphics engine uses a denoising solution. You only notice it in the intro or in replay mode because it is at those moments when ray tracing is used, during gameplay a conventional raster rendering is used.
In other cars with more matte paint or in other lighting conditions these noises will be less visible.
Thank you for the detailed explanation, much appreciated!

View attachment 1315099

View attachment 1315100

View attachment 1315101

View attachment 1315102

According to Digital Foundry, PD uses checkerboard rendering for their RT reflections. So it's likely these are (and they look like it to me) checkerboard artifacts.

Cruz's explanation is also likely, too.

Even if he is from a wealthy background, why do you have to hate him for it? At least he’s doing something worthwhile with the opportunities, unlike a lot of rich kids i’ve met over the years.

Edit: sorry I was meant to quote someone with this post lol

Last edited:
To me, PD has left the impression that they are having difficultly financially obtaining licenses to certain cars & tracks and a way to get around that they are more and more falling back on the VGT to fill the gap.
It's possible. But there is a point to consider.

Based on the premise that you said this because PD reduced the update content of the GT7 in relation to the GT Sport.

By the way, not one real circuit this year was added.

Anyway, I think that this "supposed content problem" is much more related to PD's work management than for financial reasons.

Speaking of real information. Some time ago, Renato Simioni, the CEO of Brazilian developer Reiza Studios, said, astonished, that the administrator of a famous European circuit even charged €30,000 for licensing.

Observe the list of circuits and current cars of Automobilista 2. The game feature a greater number of real circuits or current race cars compared to the GT7 roster. I assume that PD-SONY's budget is more robust than that of the brazilian studio.

I think that the PD prefers to opt for a “different” vision, such as dedicating its budget to hiring Lewis Hamilton and other advertising adornments, paying for music licensing and hiring the services of musical artists, and moving part of its staff of employees to work on photography tools and creating VGT cars.

Other point! The perfectionism assumed by PD to reproduce real circuits and create fictitious ones.

Considering that the value of 30 thousand euros would not be a problem for Sony-PD, the "problem" for PD would be the digitization of new circuits, which would take months, due to the perfectionism they already demonstrate.

On the other hand, in the end, this could also prove to be a financial problem, because PD could recruit a bigger team or another team to produce more circuits for GT7.

Last edited:
It's possible. But there is a point to consider.

Based on the premise that you said this because PD reduced the update content of the GT7 in relation to the GT Sport.

By the way, not one real circuit this year was added.

Anyway, I think that this "supposed content problem" is much more related to PD's work management than for financial reasons.

Reasoned based on concrete data. Some time ago, Renato Simioni, the CEO of Brazilian developer Reiza Studios, said, astonished, that the administrator of a famous European circuit even charged €30,000 for licensing (he didn't mean the circuit).

Observe the list of circuits and current cars from Automobilista 2. Observe the list of circuits from Project Cars. Both games feature a greater number of real circuits or current racecars compared to the GT7 roster. I assume that PD-SONY's budget is more robust than that of the Brazilian independent studio, for example.

So, I believe that PD's biggest problem (if it is a problem) is work management.

I believe that PD prefers to opt for a "different" path, such as spending its budget on hiring Lewis Hamilton and other advertising adornments, paying for music licensing and hiring the services of dedicated musicians, moving a portion of its staff to work on photography tools, as well as creating VGT cars.

Another point is the perfectionism assumed by PD in the production of circuits!

Considering that this licensing value from a large European circuit, mentioned above, would not be a problem for Sony-PD.

The problem for PD would be the digitalization and virtual construction of this circuit, which would take months, such is the perfectionism they demonstrate.

On the other hand, in the end, this could also prove to be a financial problem, because PD could recruit a bigger team or another team to produce more circuits for GT7.
At least for track content, something that I think gets forgotten quite easily is that for a large part of 2020-21 it would have been very difficult for PD to get scanning personnel out to circuits given international travel restrictions at the time. That was always going to result in there being a dry spell for a while.

At least for track content, something that I think gets forgotten quite easily is that for a large part of 2020-21 it would have been very difficult for PD to get scanning personnel out to circuits given international travel restrictions at the time. That was always going to result in there being a dry spell for a while.
I think GTS created wrong expectations here.
GTS released under a completely different premise.

Last edited:
Maybe he's judging by California standards. My family got turned down for financial support by the VA when my dad was dying of lung cancer because we have a house and a car.
Extremely sorry to hear that. My condolences! :(

If they were actually rich they wouldn't need to sell any assets to fund his career, they could just pay for it; also even if they were rich what difference does it make? Being rich alone doesn't make anyone less deserving of such an opportunity, especially when they actually put out genuine and very good results from hard work. There are people that own a Lamborghini or Ferrari but had to save for 5+ years straight to afford it, going by your logic those people are automatically rich.

Back