Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,286 comments
I'm not a VGT hater, but perhaps the biggest reason people hate these cars is that many of these cars don't exist in the real world and these cars have non-realistic and ridiculous performances.
Out of 40 odd standard VGTs (non Gr.) the majority of the VGTs are slower than GT3 cars, a bigger majority are slower than the Valkyrie, an even bigger majority are slower than current Le Mans cars or the Super Formula car.

Given that these cars are not designed or 'built' to either road going regulations, or a rule book that inherently limits performance as race cars are, that's not entirely unreasonable.

Yes, I'm aware.

However the point is people clamouring for certain concept cars (particularly the Ford GT90, which is in our top 30 Suggestions with almost 300 votes) while dumping on Vision GT cars for being Vision GT cars. I'm not sure what the difference between a VGT and a non-VGT concept car is - particularly given how blurry the line is on a lot of them.
The VGT cars are not guided by regulations, which manufacturers take as opportunities to create cars that virtually no one can relate to. Added to that, VGT has been going on like this for more than a decade. Predictable by now and the novelty is gone. I’m sure Kaz gets a little ego boost whenever car manufacturers create a car just for his game. Who wouldn’t? But come on, enough is enough.

The VGT cars are not guided by regulations, which manufacturers take as opportunities to create cars that virtually no one can relate to.
They're doing a piss-poor job then, as the majority borrow from, or have led into cars they actually make (or both) - some, again, literally being their own existing show concepts that they've adapted for VGT.

Of the ones I can think of that don't (or don't yet), there's the "if we did Le Mans again" Mazda LM55 (from before LMH regs), "if we did Le Mans and hydrogen was a thing" Hyundai N, the "if we did a Bugatti Bolide" Lamborghini, and "we're Sbarro, honest" ItalDesign.

And of course the ChapaHawk, but then:

Too many people regard all VGTs as if they're the Chaparral or Tomahawk, when really only the Chaparral and Tomahawk are the Chaparral/Tomahawk cars.
But come on, enough is enough.
Why? Car designers appear to love it, and sometimes it opens up the brand's PR/marketing department to more cooperation (even if "we" don't necessarily get all the cars "we" want)...

Again, I wonder how many GT90 advocates would still do so if it were penned today and had a VGT name, or if they'd reflexively hate/dismiss it on that basis alone...

It does make me laugh how many people hate even the fictional VGTs that don't or can't exist.
And then often you'll see them pop up elsewhere clamouring for this to return.
Nike_one_2022_gt4.jpg

It definitely is coming from a logical point of view, you just disagree and that's fine. No idea why your panties are in such a bunch. Literally nothing about my post was cynical, but of course there's always someone here that has to throw up a tirade anytime someone isn't praising PD as some sort of unequivocal god. Thought the forum was weeded out of people like this at this point, but I guess not.

Yeah, I also literally didnt say that either, so no idea what you're arguing here. Take off the rage goggles and respond to what I am saying.

I never said anything about GT7, I said that they both say things that just aren't true. Pretty simple concept to grasp.

On the other side of this, GT also has microtransactions and Forza doesn't. That's a big hint as to why one game might charge for their content and one might not.

Already addressed this in my original post but you're to busy throwing a fit that you probably overlooked it.
Ahm so there’s a little misunderstanding here, I replied to you, but it build up on the comment of ScottPuss20. I sure also confused both of you, so I read with a different background. So if you felt attacked by me, that is comprehensible and I apologize.
But there’s still no need in my opinion to act like that, talking stuff like „thought the forum was weeded out of people like this at this point“ isn’t cool.
If you read my comment like if I’m in rage, that is not my fault, because that was absolutely not the case.
No I haven’t read your comments that came before the one when you replied to me, we haven’t talked before so that shouldn’t be expected (but in this specific confusing situation that goes on me, it sure is understandable to expect it).
But still you shouldn’t complain about what concept I may or may not grasp, when you don’t even understand the concept that I don’t „praise PD like some sort of unequivocal god“, writing in the same (!) comment that PD *****d it up, twice.
And you can see that in comment history too if you want.
So let’s better put this to a rest, I should be more attentive before I reply and attack somebody (which I again apologize for), and maybe you ain’t that condescending next time and ain’t interpret too much into someone’s comment.

This is actually a lie, because they never, at any point, claimed the car models were built from the ground up. That stupid phrase came out every time they were talking about the physics of the game. The one thing I see FM regularly praised for. Usually followed by "I wish I could experience it more, but there's too many issues".
Nah, they more than once said this game is built from the ground up with not going into detail. So no I disagree, you can’t blame the customer for them making attention grabbing marketing, not everyone is reading every article or watches every video they release where they maybe explain what their definition of „built from the ground up“ actually means.

Nah, they more than once said this game is built from the ground up with not going into detail. So no I disagree, you can’t blame the customer for them making attention grabbing marketing, not everyone is reading every article or watches every video they release where they maybe explain what their definition of „built from the ground up“ actually means.
I can blame the customer for for thinking it means "there is nothing at all reused from the previous game".

I can also blame the developers for not taking the foolishness of their playerbase into account and coming up with a stupid marketing phrase that would make angry gamers angrier when it turns out "from the ground up" doesn't mean "we threw out all of our past progress".

Where's your line on what would be acceptable to reuse? Xbox 360 models? Xbox One models? FM7 models? FH5 models? Would it be unacceptable if they had used perfectly good FH5 models, because they're not "built from the ground up" for this game? Their line of acceptability is "improved and iterated models from our entire history", which most cars are absolutely good enough, but a few are so inaccurate enough that I would call them unacceptable.

The FM3 models don't look out of place. You need to scrutinize and nitpick to find issues with them. Xbox One era models are perfectly fine. In my opinion, the FM1 models needed to be checked more before reuse. They are mostly fine at this point, with the work that has gone into them since. It is only a few that get talked about over and over.

Ahm so there’s a little misunderstanding here, I replied to you, but it build up on the comment of ScottPuss20. I sure also confused both of you, so I read with a different background. So if you felt attacked by me, that is comprehensible and I apologize.
But there’s still no need in my opinion to act like that, talking stuff like „thought the forum was weeded out of people like this at this point“ isn’t cool.
I reacted in kind. If it's not the response you prefer to get then try commenting and creating an actual discussion instead of throwing what can easily be seen as a fit.
If you read my comment like if I’m in rage, that is not my fault, because that was absolutely not the case.
It is entirely your fault and easily able to come off in such a way when you wildly dismiss points with little reason and instead choose to cus like a sailor instead, all the while arguing points that I never even made. Instead of approaching this situation more level headed.
No I haven’t read your comments that came before the one when you replied to me, we haven’t talked before so that shouldn’t be expected
I wasn't talking about the comments that came before that, because there was none.
But still you shouldn’t complain about what concept I may or may not grasp, when you don’t even understand the concept that I don’t „praise PD like some sort of unequivocal god“, writing in the same (!) comment that PD *****d it up, twice.
And you can see that in comment history too if you want.
When I dont understand the concept that you dont? I'm not even sure what that means here.

Even with all that said, I appreciate the apology.

It's just how the industry works, that's why I said prior that no one should be reading too far into this marketing talk. It's the same when GT said there would be no microtransactions in their game, let all the reviewers get a hold of a copy and make their decisions, and then implement microtransactions immediately after release in order to have less negative spotlight. There's other instances as well, but the point remains the same. Neither company here are against using tactics like that.

Last edited:
Further to my post above about VGT performance.

This is pretty much how they relate to each other, with the Super Formula car for comparison (the comparison is of completely stock cars).

1706025457229.png

It really is just the Tomahawk X / GTS-R, and the 2X, that really take the ****. Even the Tomahawk S isn't that mental, it was pretty much tied with the Porsche 919 on laptimes.

I can blame the customer for for thinking it means "there is nothing at all reused from the previous game".

I can also blame the developers for not taking the foolishness of their playerbase into account and coming up with a stupid marketing phrase that would make angry gamers angrier when it turns out "from the ground up" doesn't mean "we threw out all of our past progress".

Where's your line on what would be acceptable to reuse? Xbox 360 models? Xbox One models? FM7 models? FH5 models? Would it be unacceptable if they had used perfectly good FH5 models, because they're not "built from the ground up" for this game? Their line of acceptability is "improved and iterated models from our entire history", which most cars are absolutely good enough, but a few are so inaccurate enough that I would call them unacceptable.

The FM3 models don't look out of place. You need to scrutinize and nitpick to find issues with them. Xbox One era models are perfectly fine. In my opinion, the FM1 models needed to be checked more before reuse. They are mostly fine at this point, with the work that has gone into them since. It is only a few that get talked about over and over.
The line is „don’t use car models that are obviously out of date (and out of proportions) fir a long time“. We can agree that reusing car models isn’t a inexcusable sacrilege, but using car models that were already outdated in its 7 year old predecessor, especially in a game that gets marketed again and again with the phrase „built from the ground up“, is just bs. If the point is reached where it has to be redone, than it has to be redone, or leave it out of the game till it’s ready. I mean what „progress“ do you mean? These car models ain’t „progress“ anymore, they are the opposite.
You defend bs-tactics here. Lying is lying, I don’t know what’s discuss there.
You seem to view the average customer as someone who is well informed and knows how game development works. That is obviously not the case, and it’s not the customer’s duty to Analyse the marketing talk of these developers. You can critize it, but being naive is not an invitation to be lied upon, so I really don’t understand why you feel the need to point this out instead of this bs attitude of Turn10 and Microsoft..
There’s a area were false promises and so on are acceptable to some degree, even understandable in some way and forgiven.
But there’s also games like No Man’s Sky, Cyberpunk 2077 and FM8 too imo. These were clearly falsely advertised consciously, it hits a different level for me (especially when a multi billion dollar publisher sits behind it), I mean it even looks worse than it’s predecessor in several situations.
You could in some part also put GT7 in this category, but they at least deliver in terms of quality and are really dedicated to bring the driving game genre forward, the game is more future proofed, you can be more optimistic about future generations imo. And i think having to put it on PS4 when this originally wasn’t planned, also did it’s part. But that is another story.

We can agree that reusing car models isn’t a inexcusable sacrilege, but using car models that were already outdated in its 7 year old predecessor,
The only thing I want to point out is that these cars are so far and few inbetween, but everyone always talks about it like it's the vast majority of the game. I'm not disagreeing that there's dated models, but there needs to be better scope on these things when people talk about them.
You could in some part also put GT7 in this category, but they at least deliver in terms of quality and are really dedicated to bring the driving game genre forward,
Outright visuals are not what drive the genre forward. It falters quite heavily when you consider the single player portion of the game, how it's structured, and how it's economy influences heavy grinding just to afford a single car. One of the very few things I appreciate about Forza 23 is the restructured economy when it comes to vehicle prices. Though that's not enough incentive for me to want to pick the game up.

the game is more future proofed
No game will be future proof as the technology moves too fast. PD themselves have proved that.

Is your Playstation/game offline somehow? Maybe try turning off and on again.
Turns out it's a known issue, as mentioned by Famine here and Mikail Hizal on Twitter. One that isn't on the known issues list, and one that PD doesn't know how to fix. So we'll see if it gets fixed on the 25th, I guess.

The Bulgari has the potential to be the best VGT to date. I’m not against VGT’s, I’d just like to see more useable cars. Something like a compact sportscar.

I don’t even mind if it’s a full EV. But give me something around 400-500bhp with 4WD. Like a Group B homage.

Bulgari Specs:

The open-air two-seater is within the Gran Turismo 7 game, featuring an inline-four-cylinder engine that revs to just over 9,500rpm mounted in the middle sending power to the rear wheels. It outputs 394bhp and weighs exactly 1,000kg for 619.47 in-game PP.

It's random. This is the first time it's happened to me. It's happened to others multiple times in the past. You just get unlucky and the rewards don't work.

Yes, I'm aware.

However the point is people clamouring for certain concept cars (particularly the Ford GT90, which is in our top 30 Suggestions with almost 300 votes) while dumping on Vision GT cars for being Vision GT cars. I'm not sure what the difference between a VGT and a non-VGT concept car is - particularly given how blurry the line is on a lot of them.
Well for one thing the GT90 was made quite a long time ago and has therefore developed a cult following. The sentimental value of the car far outweighs that of any VGT and let me tell you, people will lose their minds if PD put it in. It's not about the performance, it's about the story and the GT90 has a good one that would immediately make it a fantastic addition. VGT's don't connect to us in the same way, hence why they're shunned so often. Admit it, driving the GT90 would feel a lot more special than any VGT. You may not want to agree for the sake of the argument but I know deep down that you'd prefer it.

Back