Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,978 comments
These are some historic McLarens I'd be interested in.
89105179956690ea20251d79ade21df1.jpg
88394a49567690b5834b711471abbd54.jpg
McLaren-M8B-Pace-Lap.jpeg
mclaren-m1b-.jpeg
mclaren-m1b-can-am-car-6-740x484.jpg

GT7 is not coming to PC, at least not anytime soon. From the man himself:

I personally wouldn't mind it, but I somehow doubt that GT will ever see the light of day on PC.

EDIT: I'm aware of the age of this tweet, but I still believe GT7 is not on it's way to PC. But time will tell of course.

The thought of Gran Turismo on PC is kind of blasphemic to me. I’m not against the idea of expanding reach to more players, but GT and Playstation are like one and the same. The game has always been there as a solid foundation underneath every generation of Playstation consoles. Making these consoles look really powerful has always been one of the core strenghts of PD. They should stay focused.

Last edited:
With all the discussion over a potential PC version of Gran Turismo, I still think that “Gran Turismo Alleggerita” would be a fantastic name for a mobile version, or maybe some sort of companion app.

Heck, I even think B-Spec would be a lot better in a mobile version than a console one, given how mobile games in general are sometimes designed to be played passively. There could be cross-connectivity with a console version, where the credits you earn in the mobile version can get transferred over.

Last edited:
The Sony shareholders want more profit. Games are expensive, need to find more sources of sales and revenue. It's pretty inevitable that Playstation games will nearly all be on PC at some point. Probably still a delay for the single player story ones, but multiplayer titles will be day 1 - the massive success of Helldivers 2 across both systems is something they'll want to replicate. Launching new games is always a risky proposition, GT is the big proven multiplayer franchise they have (other than MLB The Show but that's already multiformat due to licensing). I honestly expect GT8 to be on PC at launch as well as whatever Playstation is out.

The Sony shareholders want more profit. Games are expensive, need to find more sources of sales and revenue.
Shareholders need to shut up. They are driven by greed and have little grasp on developing a product that radiates passion. Consumers can feel when quality gets marginalized by quantity.

Microsoft also wanted a PC version of Forza. Judging by recent entries in the Forza Motorsport franchise, maybe they should have kept their faith in Turn 10 as a developer of Xbox exclusives.

GT7 is not coming to PC, at least not anytime soon. From the man himself:

I personally wouldn't mind it, but I somehow doubt that GT will ever see the light of day on PC.

EDIT: I'm aware of the age of this tweet, but I still believe GT7 is not on it's way to PC. But time will tell of course.

Putting aside the age of the quote, the only confirmation is PD where indeed investigating PC some 12-18 months back.

I'm sure nothing was concrete back then as it's still some 2-3 years from a theoretical release. There are similar quotes from Kaz about PSVR2 - then we discovered it was a launch title and had been in development for years. We don't know if PD would be the porting studio - I suspect someone like Nixxes would be lending their expertise. Until Dawn is being rebuilt and ported to PS5/Pro & PC by Ballistic Moon - without any input from original developer Supermassive Games.

At this point I don't think there's any philosophical road block to putting GT7 on PC - every (modern) major PlayStation franchise is now on PC. They could still be investigating how to ensure the integrity of online competition or prevent modding. Then again, it could be as simple as waiting for all DLC to release and putting out a new SKU on PS5/Pro & PC.

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this question but this looked like the ideal thread. I noticed there are two Supras- one with 335hp and one with 382hp. Is the latter only available in Japan and why the disparity?

Not sure where to put this question but this looked like the ideal thread. I noticed there are two Supras- one with 335hp and one with 382hp. Is the latter only available in Japan and why the disparity?
There’s actually about 10 Supras in the game including the older models and various racing variants :lol:

But to answer your question, the 2020 model has an improved/upgraded engine over the 2019.

Last edited:
There’s actually about 10 Supras in the game including the older models and various racing variants :lol:

But to answer your question, the 2020 model has an improved/upgraded engine over the 2019 model.
Which I’d argue still isn’t enough, as there’s still the 2024 GT500 version of the GR Supra, as well as the very first two generations. (Though I’m not sure if those first two were sold as Supras in Japan…)

Last edited:
Plus the 2020 GR Supra has a factory color option that wasn’t available on the 2019 model: Horizon Blue. It even has a different interior color, too, when compared to other factory colors on the 2020 model.

Last edited:
The thought of Gran Turismo on PC is kind of blasphemic to me. I’m not against the idea of expanding reach to more players, but GT and Playstation are like one and the same. The game has always been there as a solid foundation underneath every generation of Playstation consoles. Making these consoles look really powerful has always been one of the core strenghts of PD. They should stay focused.

Definitely, but also Gran Turismo is a huge reason why I chose to stay on Playstation and not make the leap to PC.

Trying to really look at it from Sony's or PlayStation's perspective:
By having it be exclusive, sure you miss out on generating more profit through MTX or game sales, but you also guaranteed that someone seriously interested in the Gran Turismo IP will purchase your console and possibly any supporting peripherals, services or subscriptions in the future. There is no need to share one of your long-term revenue streams by letting your competitor also have access to it. If your game is as good as the fans claim, you wield the power and should be calling the shots.

I doubt Microsoft would be as concerned about any first party developer producing cross play/cross platform support titles because most PCs are still part of their ecosystem. They don't need to sell you a console if the "better" option is buying a computer with (typically) Windows installed. They will get your money either way.

Maybe I'm out of my mind, but I see MS's pushing crossplay/cross-platform titles as a means of pressuring competitors to give up such tight holds on their most valuable IPs until they can no longer have complete control of them. The pressure from gamers to implement crossplay on major first party titles is part of the plan to become an industry leader again, and has nothing to do with benefiting the consumers. It is just a side effect.

I doubt Microsoft would be as concerned about any first party developer producing cross play/cross platform support titles because most PCs are still part of their ecosystem. They don't need to sell you a console if the "better" option is buying a computer with (typically) Windows installed. They will get your money either way.
The revenue Microsoft would get from Windows is negligible compared to the 30% cut they recieve from 3rd party software sales on Xbox, not to mention 100% cut on 1st party titles. Steam also get a 30% cut from all sales - so that's something Sony and Microsoft have to factor in when releasing titles on that platform.

With Xbox now releasing titles on PlayStation you could argue Sony's platform will become even more attractive. If Xbox, for example, release the next Forza Horizon on PS5, and it becomes a mega hit, Sony will receive 30% cut of every sale.

I didn't know there is a garage limit in 7. I might have to take a second look at buying every car in every color alongside my custom builds. Maybe trim down on the 50 shades of red in which all these Italian cars come.

I really don’t understand PD (shock, horror).

What’s the point of introducing new cars into GT7, creating events for said cars, and then making these events unwinnable using the stock car? Most recently they’ve done this with the Jimny and now the Renault. How have PD forgotten that a lot of the OG GT charm was taking a stock vehicle, racing it, and then upgrading it after a few races.

PD spend a lot of resources putting these cars into GT, only to have them become pretty much redundant in stock form when it comes to racing events.

I really don’t understand PD (shock, horror).

What’s the point of introducing new cars into GT7, creating events for said cars, and then making these events unwinnable using the stock car? Most recently they’ve done this with the Jimny and now the Renault. How have PD forgotten that a lot of the OG GT charm was taking a stock vehicle, racing it, and then upgrading it after a few races.

PD spend a lot of resources putting these cars into GT, only to have them become pretty much redundant in stock form when it comes to racing events.
I think you’re confusing campaign structure with post-release content.

I think you’re confusing campaign structure with post-release content.
There’s no confusion. There’s literally a weekly challenge this week for a specific new car that cannot be won by that car in stock form. But sure, be contrarian for the sake of it 👍🏻

There’s no confusion. There’s literally a weekly challenge this week for a specific new car that cannot be won by that car in stock form. But sure, be contrarian for the sake of it 👍🏻
Weekly challenges that are unlocked at the end of the career? If you want to race a stock Jimny or R4, all the beginner events are still there for you to go back to, and for new players to play through at the time. I don't understand the complaint. It's not like you can't take those cars and use them in the slower events they'd fit in to.

GT has always done this regardless. There's tons of events in GT3's late game that are tuned up one makes, there's events in GT4 like the 206 cup or the Speedster events that take beginner cars and tune them up to their max, and those are considered some of the more challenging events in the entire game.

Seems like complaining for the sake of complaining.

I’m not being contrarian for the sake of it. What a dumb accusation to make when I just don’t follow your train of thought.

You mention the charm of upgrading a car after a few races. GT7 is lacking in this regard, but it’s mainly an issue that’s tied to the very linear campaign structure of the game. Raising this issue with reference to content added after the game was released seems a little off the mark to me.

Also, you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit. You want events that can be won with cars in stock configuration. I’d say it’s possible but fair enough if you find it more difficult. However, you also want incentives to upgrade cars after a few races. Isn’t this precisely what you get the opportunity to do here by finding that a car was too slow for you in its stock configuration?

I’m not being contrarian for the sake of it. What a dumb accusation to make when I just don’t follow your train of thought.

You mention the charm of upgrading a car after a few races. GT7 is lacking in this regard, but it’s mainly an issue that’s tied to the very linear campaign structure of the game. Raising this issue with reference to content added after the game was released seems a little off the mark to me.

Also, you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit. You want events that can be won with cars in stock configuration. I’d say it’s possible but fair enough if you find it more difficult. However, you also want incentives to upgrade cars after a few races. Isn’t this precisely what you get the opportunity to do here by finding that a car was too slow for you in its stock configuration?
Edit: post removed, wouldn’t have been productive.

Last edited:
Back