Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,978 comments
Ok, let me explain further. Let’s take the recent Jimny and associated one-make event.

It would be nice to be able to experience the car’s evolution over the course of the event. So race 1 you can win stock, race 2 with some mild tweaks, race 3 with some more tuning. But instead, PD’s philosophy is “here’s a new car, here’s an event or three specifically for it, but you need to spend in+game creds to upgrade the car to be able to win.”
Why do you necessarily have to win the first race? You can enter with the stock configuration and finish 4th or whatever. Then try again with some upgrades installed, mimicking the “charm” you described to begin with.

Your ideas also go against the logic of a racing series. It’s only logical that the events of the same series offer roughly the same challenge. Not least for repeatability.
I don’t see what’s so controversial expressing the perspective that it’d be nice when new cars and associated one-make events are introduced into the game, to have at least one associated race where tuning is prohibited.

And to reiterate, I’m only referring to one-make races.
GT7 has several design-related flaws, but I think your ideas would only make things worse. In fact you are addressing something I consider to be a non-issue, for the reasons I’ve just stated.

Ok, upon reflection I realise I over-explained and wasn’t very clear.

So simply put, I would love one-make races/events that feature stock vehicles. I want to race in equal machinery. That’s it, really. And for me, I see the new cars and accompanying one-make races/events as a means to facilitate that, something which PD alas does not decide to do.

Yes, I can have those races in custom mode but we all know that’s not the same as PD-curated races.

I appreciate other folks may not be bothered by this, or even want this, and that’s ok too.

Last edited:
With all the discussion over a potential PC version of Gran Turismo, I still think that “Gran Turismo Alleggerita” would be a fantastic name for a mobile version, or maybe some sort of companion app.

Heck, I even think B-Spec would be a lot better in a mobile version than a console one, given how mobile games in general are sometimes designed to be played passively. There could be cross-connectivity with a console version, where the credits you earn in the mobile version can get transferred over.
Right, since there aren't any other popular franchises with the initials GTA...

Super Formula started this week. GT7 has the offical cars and it's only missing two tracks (Motegi and Sugo). Both of which are in Japan, where PD is based. Motegi was in gt6 so they have at least some of the data for it.

They have an official partnership clearly, so why are they not making gt7 the official game of the Super Formula series with the introduction of a single player championship and an online championship that goes along with IRL races.

Why are they not doing this? It's seems so obvious. Anyone knows any reason why this isn't a thing?

Last edited:
Super Formula started this week. GT7 has the offical cars and it's only missing two tracks (Motegi and Sugo). Both of which are in Japan, where PD is based. Motegi was in gt6 so they have at least some of the data for it.

They have an official partnership clearly, so why are they not making gt7 the official game of the Super Formula series with the introduction of a single player championship and an online championship that goes along with IRL races.

Why are they not doing this? It's seems so obvious. Anyone knows any reason why this isn't a thing?
The same could also be said for their IMSA partnership as well.

I think people make too much of the IMSA "partnership", it seems more akin to a licensing agreement. IMSA have something similar with basically every other sim that includes their content, there's nothing special to PD/GT there.

Had a dream a couble of days ago, that gt8 got revealed, a new feature was being able to have more customize options for exhausts after upgrading them, i dont think that would be impossible, considering how far it already come in gt7

I sort of wonder what everyone's personal choices are when it comes to which center-lock wheels you apply to which cars?

For me, I leave the wheels on race cars as-is, as I only apply custom wheels to road cars, especially ones where I can install something like a widebody or other custom parts.

I don't think I've really had much use for the center-lock wheels from Enkei nor Rays. I do wonder if the Rays RW-GT3 wheels are only for race cars IRL, or if they've been installed on various road cars, too, as I do think they look good. Otherwise, I do seem to put the center-lock design from OZ or BBS on various European supercars that come with them as-stock. Meanwhile, the center-lock designs from Motegi Racing do seem to fit various Ferrari models very well, especially since they come stock with the 458 GT3, but like any other center-lock design, I personally only install them on cars that already come with center-lock wheels as stock.

Now, this applies to both center-lock wheels and those that aren't, but I do generally like to install wheels that resemble the factory wheels as close as possible. So I might put the OZ center-lock wheels on a McLaren F1, and then one of the BBS designs on a 911 GT3 RS. For many classic cars, I just install the tried-and-true BBS RS, such as on the newly-added Renault 4, though the American Racing wheels may prove more appropriate to some American classics. On Japanese classics in particular, it depends on how many lugs I can spot on the stock wheels, but if it's four, I might go for the four-lug version of the Rays TE37 SL or maybe the Work Equip 01. For modern cars with a rallying heritage behind them, especially Italian ones like the Abarth 500 or the newer Mini Cooper, that's when I'll especially go for the OZ Racing Leggenda.

EDIT: Although I recall at least one version of the Dodge Viper coming with six-lug wheels, I still find it personally fine to install a five-lug design, as I usually reserve any of the six-lug designs for one of the two pickup trucks. Hopefully we'll get the Dodge RAM Rebel and Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 to join the Toyota and Ford, and maybe even new rounds of the Pickup Truck Race to boot. Heck, the RAM Rebel could even get the Challenger SRT Demon's engine as an alternative option, but I digress.

Last edited:
Granted I did this in Sport (though I feel this'll continue to be the case when GT7 is in my hands) but the Advans, Enkeis, RAYS and Motegis tended to basically be on the Japanese race cars since that's usually what I notice in Real life (with the occasional European GT3 car cosplaying as a Asian entrant) while BBS and I forget which others is pretty much on any racing machine if appropriate.

If you want to race a stock Jimny or R4, all the beginner events are still there for you to go back to
The R4's PP rating is only 152.83, it doesn't even have a chance in Sunday Cup Classic.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to see a set of races for these real slow cars. There's 8 cars below 250 PP, 6 below 200. They could make a slower Sunday Cup type event with the cars currently in the game. Otherwise, they don't really have a place to go without upgrades.

It may be a pretty unpopular opinion though. They wouldn't be very exciting races, but they would be nice if you wanted to play with your Willys.

Regarding center lock wheels it depends on the style of the race car I’m trying to replicate. Case in point of cars I just replicated.
20829567043509581.jpg

The centerlock six-spoke RAYS 8In game don’t look like these. So I went with the truck wheels with lug nuts. I hate to do it, but they look closer to the race wheel.
1710095600770.jpeg

The Advan car have five spoke And multi-spoke Enkeis. I could have used the OZ wheels or Enkei centerlocks, but I wanted to replicate the 1995 #25 livery.
1710095732782.jpeg

1710095919293.jpeg

Why PD haven’t given us these style of centerlock options are beyond me.
1710096299545.jpeg

Frankly, if they do the next major update then I want to see rather have new rims than a new race track.

I have two problems with the GT7 rims lineups.
One is that they are too biased towards Japanese brands.
And the other is too much bias towards modern sport/race style models. (Of course I understand both reason).

How great it would be if they signed a licensing deal with rotiform and added lots of old school rim tributes to the game.
If they add more ornate wheels like Weds Krenze to the game, how nice they would look on cars like the Alphard and Crown.

I hear that they are doing more serious calculations for clipping with all the cars when they add rims to the game than any other game.
Perhaps this is why there are so few rims in this game, and why they don't add any at all, but I still can't help but dream of the day when they add more unique rims.
Hey PD, could you please at least add 86 Gr.B and NSX Gr.B stock rims to the GT Auto wheel shop?
I think that with these two rims, the rally/90s touring car style livery will be even better.

Toyota_86_Gr.B_Rally_Car.png

Honda_NSX_Gr.B_Rally_Car.png

New wheels would be awesome. It's possible there are more even already hidden in game files (maybe dataminers know anything about it?), considering this old pic.
But I feel like if they didn't add any even with Spec 2 then there's no chance we will be getting any in regular updates.

1710225800846.png

When you realize GTA's car models are not even a quarter as detailed as Gran Turismo's and are fictional so unlimited liberties can be taken...
Ι agree about that but deep customisation lacks in current GT. Rims haven't added from release i think...

You need the option when you go to select new wheels to have wheels from the same make of vehicle you currently have selected, so if you for example have a BMW, you will see BMW as one of the brands of wheels and be able to choose wheels that are on other BMW models.

Back