Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,101 comments
This one better.
1710541911741.jpeg

I like that the 'confirmation' for the leak being 'confirmed' is another leak.
Are you saying that the anonymous sources cited in the article should come forward and identify themselves? That would be suicide, so for now we can only choose whether or not to trust the confirmation by said sources. Nothing unusual about it.

Hopefully having RT reflections in-race. PD's implementation of it pretty much blow away FM2023's low-res RT reflections, IMO.
More importantly, fix stuttering altogether.
Don't forget grid sizes guys.

IMHO that should be the no-brainer improvement before anything else, far more-noticeable and relevant to those in actual races.

I don't know. Would dropping PS4 support for GT7 be enough to allow the improvements we want to see on PS5 (such as grid sizes), or would there have to be another split in features between PS5 Pro and PS5?

There's a large customer base already in-place on PS5, most of whom, I'm guessing, won't be able to afford the Pro upgrade.

Last edited:
I don't think there'll be any content differences between PS5 and PS5 Pro - there weren't any for any games between PS4 and PS4 Pro, that upgrade was all graphical.

For GT in particular I think it'll mostly be useful for getting rid of framerate choke points like the hairpin at Daytona or the corner before the tunnel at Trial Mountain.

IMHO that should be the no-brainer improvement before anything else, far more-noticeable and relevant to those in actual races.

I don't know. Would dropping PS4 support for GT7 be enough to allow the improvements we want to see on PS5 (such as grid sizes), or would there have to be another split in features between PS5 Pro and PS5?

There's a large customer base already in-place on PS5, most of who, I'm guessing, won't be able to afford the Pro upgrade.
Grid size doesn't need graphics power and the CPU doesn't change much (of course). The CPU power difference between PS4 and PS5 is 100 to one as we say in german. So PS5 would possibly handle grids far greater than PS4 anyways. Having the same grid size is a game politics/game design decision.

Of course it will make a difference. Higher resolutions and higher frame rates. Reasonable chance of ray tracing during gameplay as well
Yes. By that time more people will move on PS5 so there will be a higher incentive on updating the game with a next gen update with the release of the PS5 Pro later this year.

I doubt very much raytracing during gameplay will be a thing...not without performance issues or a drop in framerate (such as the drop to 30fps currently seen with RT in replays enabled.)

I'd be very happy with performance improvements that cleaned up the glitches and frame drops currently existing in the game.

In my opinion, PS5 Pro arrives too late for major changes in GT7. It may bring some improvements, but not anything that can't be done easly. I think if they choose to bring out PS5 Pro's best, they will do it with the next game.

There's a large customer base already in-place on PS5, most of who, I'm guessing, won't be able to afford the Pro upgrade.
Unless they drop the PS4 as you said, I'm not expecting bigger grid sizes until GT8.

In my opinion, PS5 Pro arrives too late for major changes in GT7. It may bring some improvements, but not anything that can't be done easly. I think if they choose to bring out PS5 Pro's best, they will do it with the next game.
Nah, GT7 will be one of the games Sony uses to showcase the Pro. Polyphony is a studio that likes working at the bleeding edge.
They already have the raytracing available in replays, it will be trivial implementing it into 60fps gameplay.

Nah, GT7 will be one of the games Sony uses to showcase the Pro. Polyphony is a studio that likes working at the bleeding edge.
They already have the raytracing available in replays, it will be trivial implementing it into 60fps gameplay.
Feels like wishful thinking to me, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

they have it in replays at 30fps. Getting it into gameplay at 60fps is not a trivial thing at all...

Feels like wishful thinking to me, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
There are only a handful of first party PS5 games that feature raytracing currently, most notably Spider-Man, Ratchet... and GT7.
These are the prime candidates to show off the improved raytracing/AI upscaling.

I wouldn't be surprised if they even go beyond just RT-reflections during GT7 gameplay.
Things like RT-AO and shadows.
RTGI would be awesome, but might be too much.

they have it in replays at 30fps. Getting it into gameplay at 60fps is not a trivial thing at all...
RT perfomance is about 3x base PS5. Plus the raster improvements. Plus the AI Upscaling.

GT7 is already 4k60 on PS5. All the extra juice can be poured into fidelity.

Yes, they may implement ray tracing during gameplay, who knows. But as I said, in my opinion, only if it doesn't require extra vaulable development time for an over 2.5 year old title at the time.

RT perfomance is about 3x base PS5. Plus the raster improvements. Plus the AI Upscaling.

GT7 is already 4k60 on PS5. All the extra juice can be poured into fidelity.
GT7 is already mostly 4k60 on PS5. It isn't perfect. And at 3x base PS5 performance I bet they could get it running in replays at 60fps but I doubt it during gameplay. We'll see, but I doubt it.

This.

EDIT: don’t know about the trivial part, but GT7 will 100% be a game they will use to showcase the PRO’s raytracing capabilities.

I’m also very hopeful we’ll get some improvements to the VR experience.

Last edited:
All this talk about bigger grids...what's the point, you'll still be playing chase the rabbit, and now you'd have even more cars to overtake :lol:

Careful what you wish for...
That would be very much appreciated for custom races and multiclass racing.

Be careful with what you throw away a little too quickly...

hello, i heard this song from tdu2 map theme song but it sound familiar from gran turismos. Does anybody know whether this song really used in the gt game?

Back