Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
Excited for Urus and GT-One. Not a fan of the road-going R8, would've taken any other Audi over it.

Last edited:
Just having a look(and drive) of both in Project Cars 2.

IMG_3837.png

IMG_3838.png

Oh ok. Would you (or anyone else) happen to know the difference in specs between the GT1 & LMGTP versions? e.g. was the GT1 version heavier
Basically, the main differences between a GT1 and a LMGTP car were minimum weight (the GT1s were slightly heavier) and aerodynamics (on the paper, GT1s had less downforce). Anyway, the GT-One proved how, also staying within the rules, a GT1 car could be a true prototype car de facto.

So, right after the GT-One appearance, the class disappeared and then became LMGTP. But the GT-One, which was already a prototype, was the only GT1 car converted/evolved (quite easily) into a LMGTP car, if we don't count the Elite Racing Lotus LMGTP (which was a Lotus GT1, it raced in Sebring 12H 2003 with very bad results).

Last edited:
Knowledge.

It’s the same knowledge with less fanfare and therefore less excitement.

To each their own of course.

I personally don’t like that being a member of this forum now means having surprises spoiled.

No big deal though.

OK guys, hear me out..............with the silhouettes in mind, i want you to convince yourself we are going to get these 3 cars, then anything that comes along will seem to be out of this world

View attachment 1339690
Based on this:
  • The bottom right is definitely the Montego with a massive wing on it to showcase tuning options.
  • The top one is definitely the Maestro on some sort of stilts and body expansion upgrade.
  • The bottom left is definitely the Metro with a coupe conversion kit applied.

BEST UPDATE EVER!

Last edited:
We already have an Audi R8. What's the fuss about this?

Genuine question btw. Not trying to dismiss anyone else's opinion on the update.
Have a look at the performance stats.

STIMATED PRICE AS TESTED:$200,000 (estimated base price: $185,000)

ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 40-valve V-10, aluminum block and heads, port and direct fuel injection

Displacement: 318 cu in, 5204 cc
Power: 610 hp @ 8250 rpm
Torque: 413 lb-ft @ 6500 rpm

TRANSMISSION: 7-speed dual-clutch automatic with manual shifting mode

DIMENSIONS:
Wheelbase:
104.3 in
Length: 174.3 in
Width: 76.4 in Height: 48.8 in
Curb weight: 3664 lb

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 2.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 6.1 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 10.4 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 14.6 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 3.3 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.1 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 2.1 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 10.6 sec @ 132 mph
Top speed (drag limited, mfr's claim): 205 mph
Braking, 70-0 mph: 151 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 1.01 g

As for reference

Fierce Acceleration

Actually, we’re more impressed by the disappearing act that erupts when launch control is activated and the accelerator and shift paddles are pushed into action. The Plus edition of the 5.2-liter V-10 packs a convincing 610-hp wallop with 413 lb-ft of torque on tap at an enthralling 6500 rpm. (The regular V-10 is rated at 540 horsepower and 398 lb-ft.) The Plus’s combination of more-than-sufficient power, all-wheel traction, and launch control yields a zero-to-60-mph leap in 2.7 seconds, with 132 mph available in the quarter-mile after a brief 10.6 seconds. The run to 170 mph takes only 21.1 seconds. For reference, a $1.7-million Bugatti Veyron is going just 20 mph faster after 21 seconds of acceleration.

Credit also is due to a curb weight lower by 25 pounds thanks to a new carbon-fiber-reinforced space frame, the R8’s claimed 0.36 drag coefficient, and a rear wing that augments rear-axle loading by 220 pounds. Boasting a claimed top end of 205 mph, this is the fastest Audi ever sold for road use.

Would be crazy if this is the default instrument panel PD leave in. ;)
1711221012479.jpeg

I hope TS020 comes with a white triangle (always comes with a trapezoid in games) in front, but I'm sure it won't because it makes the combination of red and white look like Marlboro.

Last edited:
I hope TS020 comes with a white triangle (always comes with a trapezoid in games) in front, but I'm sure it won't because it makes the combination of red and white look like Marlboro.
Seems to have only been an issue with GT3-GT6 as well as Enthusia:

1711260688645.png

Wondering if this was a bizarre case where both PD and Konami wanted to distance the Marlboro connection, which is odd given both British and American Devs SMS and Turn 10 just kept it as is in their respective franchises. I personally hope that the game finally gets it with the proper Esso Ultron logo and not the "Exxon Superflo" substitute thats been around in the NTSC versions for years.

Back