Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
Screenshot_20240320-204743_Chrome.jpg

Anyone remembers this? Is there still hope for RRV to come out?

Also with latest update, car list here have been completed? Besides Nissans I think.

Can't wait for the subsequent matching (And savage) graffiti complaining about said potholes.

View attachment 1338756

Also with latest update, car list here have been completed? Besides Nissans I think.
Red Rock Valley is one track that's been consistently mentioned for well over a year. Knowing PD we have no idea if it will have any resemblance to the original track

There are a handful of other tracks mentioned such as Montreal and a new fictional track. I've not seen any other real world tracks referenced with any regularity. Just the occasional talk of Road America, Zolder, Sugo, Motegi, Shanghai, Bahrain, Melbourne.

I'd give anything for Silverstone - such a huge omission from the game.

Last edited:
Red Rock Valley is one track that's been consistently mentioned for well over a year. Knowing PD we have no idea if it will have any resemblance to the original track

There are a handful of other tracks mentioned such as Montreal and a new fictional track. I've not seen any other real world tracks referenced with any regularity. Just the occasional talk of Road America, Zolder, Sugo, Motegi, Shanghai, Bahrain, Melbourne.

I'd give anything for Silverstone - such a huge omission from the game.
I agree with you on Silverstone. Another one I really miss is Monaco.

View attachment 1338756

If Red Rock Valley did return, I'd be interested in seeing if Polyphony would give it a couple extra layouts, such as the large long oval, the shorter middle oval, and the "road course" original layout. Would be a very Polyphony thing to do to maximize the amount of use from a single track location/model.
IMG_3726.jpeg

Another funny thing of note is that Red Rock Valley would continue the trend of all new circuit locations since launch being set in North America (and the United States specifically).

If they do add it, along with potential extra oval layouts, it'd be nice to have a Polyphony-original stockcar to go along with it. But that's getting heavily into the realm of speculation.

In more news that supports the trend of GT7 seemingly having good sales legs, the 2023 French video game sales numbers were released. GT7 was 12th by units and 13th by revenue of tracked games in 2023 there.

Notably, both of those ranks are better than fellow PS exclusive Final Fantasy XVI did, despite that being a new hyped game and whatnot. Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok, the other 2022 first-party SIE games, don't appear on either list.

1711014124410.png
1711014165720.png

I still have some of the menus to finish and last night I started the Historic Cup one...menu 45 or whatever. I ran the one-lapper at Nordschleife. About three-quarters of the way around I hit a section of about 3 corners where the framerate absolutely cratered. Just terrible stutters. I just find that sort of thing so dissappointing...it's my most-hated thing in a racing game/sim - inconsistent performance. I really hope PD isn't done optimizing the game to clean up those issues...I'd take that over new cars and maybe even new trakcs in an udate.

Can't wait for the subsequent matching (And savage) graffiti complaining about said potholes.
It has brought a whole new dimension to driving here in the UK................the best response (sad as it may seem) is where folk have gone round & spray painted a nob & balls around the pothole in road marker paint, which seems to make the council come out pretty quick to repair it 😐

It seems PD liked a photo of the Ferrari 499P. Would you say this is a car "the majority of people will be happy with"? 😉 😉

We know PD likes cars that won Le Mans. All we need is for every car we want in the game to win Le Mans.

Last edited:
It seems PD liked a photo of the Ferrari 499P. Would you say this is a car "the majority of people will be happy with"? 😉 😉

We know PD likes cars that won Le Mans. All we need is for every car we want in the game to win Le Mans.
If that was the car people were referring too I’d be happier than a pig in, well we all know how that saying finishes!

trying to identify the front end of the vehicle in the lower pic............thought maybe an early Renault truck...... a coal fired Kubelwagen .............but no...........anyone ?
It's definitely a Renault truck, from the 20's I'd say, like a NN model

trying to identify the front end of the vehicle in the lower pic............thought maybe an early Renault truck...... a coal fired Kubelwagen .............but no...........anyone ?
After a lot of digging with google lense I was able to find this.

Wittler-Brot_Lieferwagen.jpeg

Apparently it was an electric vehicle made exclusively for this company in the early 40s. One of ten produced.

Was that Instagram?

If we assume an all new car takes 12-18 months to come to GT7 - assuming there is no early access - I'd expect the 499P to only be ready by the summer. Getting the car 1 year on from it's Le Mans victory would make sense.

If there's a March update, the teaser is probably dropping tomorrow.
The teaser always come the day before the update. Updates usually on Thursday (then 28th), so Wednesday 27th. I think you mean the Silhouettes, and they can come on Saturday or sunday, so today or tomorrow

The Leak was real!
Audi R8 V10
Lamborghini Urus
Toyota GT-One TS020 (1999)

So here comes great update! Too bad not 488 but I am happy for those cars too :D

I remain firmly against datamining.

Little offtopic but this seems to be bigger problem with Helldivers 2 where devs are trying to patch new things as a surprise or plot twist to galactic war. I really hate that people are spoiling this fun.

So it's time to create a proper GT4 replica tune for the R8 V10 instead of the old R8 V8 we have now.

Nice to see again the Toyota Gt-One TS020... Not so happy for the Urus, but maybe it's just me.

Back