Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,743 comments
It came out, I think in the Insomniac hack, that the moment Sony put Horizon Forbidden West on PS Plus, sales cratered for it. I think they're going to be more careful putting first-party stuff that still has sales legs onto subscriptions in the future.
Are you saying that if sony released the (1.5hr) trial version for premium on PS+/Now that people will see it and not want to buy it? or want to try to play it in VR.

I ended up buying (3) games after I played them ...so Im not sure if GT7 sales would crater...IMO

If there’s one positive that GT has managed to create is the excitement of upcoming silhouettes - I feel no other game provides anticipation like this. Let’s see what happens next…
If there’s one positive GT has managed to create? There are many positives and far bigger positives. Some Japanese niche cars would likely never have made it onto some markets overseas if it wasn’t for Gran Turismo.

IMG_0337.jpeg

What happened to the rain deep forest?
It's been a year since I was shown in the GWS2023 trailer.

Even if I did have some advanced information (and I often do), there's little I can do to share it. It's often a case that it's privileged (as a private, off-the-record conversation) or shared in confidence - I'm not a dataminer and everything I know comes from professional conversations - and at best all I can do is drop hints in update preview articles.

Generally I can't share, and even if I could it can be frustrating for fans to see the whole "I know something you don't" thing; a lot of people also don't like update spoilers. Even the "dataminers" are sharing less (and less overtly) these days until we get silhouettes. Regardless, having to sit on any info I do have and watching all the hype/doom speculation is also quite irritating :lol:

Nevertheless, what I've heard so far - which isn't all of it by a long shot - I think there's going to be some positive response (although I will couch that a little) and at least one of the cars of which I'm aware has been named in one of the predictions thread posts that I've seen. What I can definitely say is that I'm out from Tuesday morning to very late on Friday/early Saturday and that pretty much guarantees an update on Thursday.
If you said there's going to be some positive response then probably it will not be VGT

Going back to Page 12 when the trailer was revealed. So many feel good posts. The game doesn’t feel like the one we saw initially. I’m still wishing they kept this:
IMG_4377.png

The resort could have been beside on a second page. Just keep the Dealerships, GT Auto and Tuning Parts and Discover on the GT Town page and all the racing events, Missions, Driving School, Sport Mode and Multiplayer on the resort page. An option to choose either page style would be cool, but having both on separate pages would be nicer spread. I’d love to see that day & night transition of GT Town.

Going back to Page 12 when the trailer was revealed. So many feel good posts. The game doesn’t feel like the one we saw initially. I’m still wishing they kept this:
The resort could have been beside on a second page. Just keep the Dealerships, GT Auto and Tuning Parts and Discover on the GT Town page and all the racing events, Missions, Driving School, Sport Mode and Multiplayer on the resort page. An option to choose either page style would be cool, but having both on separate pages would be nicer spread. I’d love to see that day & night transition of GT Town.
I wish there were more shortcuts like a menu , so you dont have to go back to the main map

View attachment 1366239

I think it's good that they changed that (or at least good that they didn't go with that exact layout).

A lot of people are going to identify where they are going by the text rather than the icons, and having small white text with a black background on top of a busy, already-monochrome map is just a UX nightmare.

Last edited:
I think it's good that they changed that (or at least good that they didn't go with that exact layout).

A lot of people are going to identify where they are going by the text rather than the icons, and having small white text with a black background on top of a busy, already-monochrome map is just a UX nightmare.
It would have still worked as the text only pops up after moving the leader to the icon. Plus, the tutorial points out where to go at the start of the game. We’ll never know how the screen looked in daytime, if there was such a setting.

from what I've seen, I don't think the next update will probably have cars from the famous dataming lists

last update we had 5 and in recent months many more have arrived, if I have not misinterpreted between June and August there is also a track on the way

Let's see what the next update will be like, if TheAdmiester says it will be good then it will be, he is definitely a confident figure on this, then next week comes a track with 3 cars interesting to many (including 1 with something that is close to the 24h of le mans) this is just my crazy guess

Even if I did have some advanced information (and I often do), there's little I can do to share it. It's often a case that it's privileged (as a private, off-the-record conversation) or shared in confidence - I'm not a dataminer and everything I know comes from professional conversations - and at best all I can do is drop hints in update preview articles.

Generally I can't share, and even if I could it can be frustrating for fans to see the whole "I know something you don't" thing; a lot of people also don't like update spoilers. Even the "dataminers" are sharing less (and less overtly) these days until we get silhouettes. Regardless, having to sit on any info I do have and watching all the hype/doom speculation is also quite irritating :lol:

Nevertheless, what I've heard so far - which isn't all of it by a long shot - I think there's going to be some positive response (although I will couch that a little) and at least one of the cars of which I'm aware has been named in one of the predictions thread posts that I've seen. What I can definitely say is that I'm out from Tuesday morning to very late on Friday/early Saturday and that pretty much guarantees an update on Thursday.
I hope for something famous for doing great twice around the clock.

Been thinking, imo, it’d be really nice to have a Huracán V10 swap for the 2007 Audi R8. Would be a way to emulate the first-gen V10 R8 since the body is very similar, not sure about the handling dynamics but I imagine they’re at least somewhat comparable, and the engine itself is the same, I think.

Going by the previous cars that were added i'm guessing it's the R390 it just makes too much sense of course I could be wrong as this is just a random guess.
I'd make the opposite conclusion, we won't see the R390 this month because "it just makes too much sense".
I'm sure PD have meetings about how to keep the updates baffling and unpredictable.
Secrecy helps, but making sure there's no recognisable patterns is important too.

January: one from Europe, one from Korea, one from Japan
February: two from Europe, one from Japan
March: Two from Europe, one from Japan
April: one from Japan, one from USA, one from Europe
May: two from Europe, three from Japan

A June prediction should feature at least one from Japan and at least two from Europe.

We just got two Volvos. It’s a high probability to get two European cars from the same brand. Could be two BMWs or two Porsches or two Ferraris.
Getting one European car per brand might yield one German brand and one Italian brand.

As for Asia-Pacific, could be a Toyota, Nissan, Honda or Subaru. Thing is, PD and Hyundai just announced a new partnership. Maybe two cars from Korea. Maybe even more as a promotion of the partnership(similar to getting the Mazda Spirit Racing ND NR-A base model and with multiple liveries. Plus, the Gr.3 and Gr.4 car additional liveries). This may be the month for such an update.

The USA are anyone’s call. Pick a Chevy or a classic Buick or a Ford on sale today.

January: one from Europe, one from Korea, one from Japan
February: two from Europe, one from Japan
March: Two from Europe, one from Japan
April: one from Japan, one from USA, one from Europe
May: two from Europe, three from Japan

A June prediction should feature at least one from Japan and at least two from Europe.

We just got two Volvos. It’s a high probability to get two European cars from the same brand. Could be two BMWs or two Porsches or two Ferraris.
Getting one European car per brand might yield one German brand and one Italian brand.

As for Asia-Pacific, could be a Toyota, Nissan, Honda or Subaru. Thing is, PD and Hyundai just announced a new partnership. Maybe two cars from Korea. Maybe even more as a promotion of the partnership(similar to getting the Mazda Spirit Racing ND NR-A base model and with multiple liveries. Plus, the Gr.3 and Gr.4 car additional liveries). This may be the month for such an update.

The USA are anyone’s call. Pick a Chevy or a classic Buick or a Ford on sale today.
Don't forget that this year saw a ton of new brands coming, such as:

Bvlgari
Škoda
Afeela
Volvo

...then there's Buick and Caterham on the datamine as well.

This is an odd situation considering it's going against a car we've had in the game before, but I genuinely think we'll see one of the versions of Porsche's 911 GT1 before a Nissan R390 return, just because of how close PD & Porsche seem to be these days.
Best guess for which one would be the racing version of the road car already in game, but maybe one of the others. The oldest one might hypothetically be put in Gr.3 along with the pre-longtail McLaren F1 GTR though.

IMG_4503.jpeg

IMG_4502.jpeg

IMG_4504.jpeg

Do I think it's the new supposed hype car of the next update? Of course not. I just bring this up as a counterpoint to the Nissan R390 guess. Either could happen, but I see both as somewhat unlikely. I'd be happy if wrong though.

IMG_4505.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s an interesting one as well.

We got a new Gr.4 in September last year. A new Gr.2 in March and a new Gr.3 in May. Maybe we do get a new Gr.1 with predictions of a current LMH or LMDh.
Maybe there’s a strong case for last year’s Le Mans winner. PD did give us the ‘23 and ‘24 GR010 liveries. I really don’t know.

Last edited:
Back