Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,288 comments
Could be that silhouttes drops early next week instead, the latest 2 months silhouttes has drop like monday or tuesday, its been later ever since kaz mad sound clips through silhouttes. I keep my fingers crossed for a silhoutte of Ferrari 812 superfast 😊
yeah, it could be tomorrow or tuesday. and hopefully it will be more than usual 3 cars. maybe 5 cars again

Waiting for the silhouettes
View attachment 1367087
asks mr bean GIF

Could be that silhouttes drops early next week instead, the latest 2 months silhouttes has drop like monday or tuesday, its been later ever since kaz mad sound clips through silhouttes. I keep my fingers crossed for a silhoutte of Ferrari 812 superfast 😊

I hope it will be 488 GTE. We already have Ford GT and 911 RSR it would fit perfectly.

Imagine getting the BMW M8 - bmw fans would lose their minds because not being the M4 :P
Hell no M8 GTE BIG BOI INBOUND MEMES

I’m still amazed Famine actually commented and gave us that well reasoned paragraph(s). Whatever is coming, I just hope it’s fair for both those who love race cars and those who love road cars.

Would love a modern GT3 car, or GT500’s / LMDh. Something to finally blast around on GT again, but am really hoping we get Montreal this time around.

I think it would be better with this:
I hope it will be 488 GTE. We already have Ford GT and 911 RSR it would fit perfectly.
ACC and Forza already has this...
I don't understand why GT can't get this....??
Are they still working on the details of the tire valve cap ?

Suzuka-1024x576.jpg

How did the other Game developers did it so fast ? Based on Cad models ?

Does PD have to go into the woods, get lost, then find their way back out before they can add a new car that others already done .
It's sad Watching water drip drop

BEX453VA35A2BJUCZ2NXVWNARY.jpg

I don’t understand why it would be exciting to get a 488, M8, whatever with the same tedious events on the same tedious circuits. The game needs more than new cars.
I agree that we need more, but i really want the 488. We need a new gr.3 ferrari, 458 is ancient...

... but to be fair i just want the 488 because i have the 488 thrustmaster add-on

Last edited:
I agree that we need more, but i really want the 488. We need a new gr.3 ferrari, 458 is ancient...

... but to be fair i just want the 488 because i have the 488 thrustmaster add-on

Totally get that and agree…but the thought of taking the 488 around another Le Mans event makes me want to pull my fingernails out. The experience will be so minimally different.

A 488 on Gilles Villeneuve or Motegi…as part of a new series however…sign me up!

Different methods other than CAD such as photography or 3D laser scanning.
like making it from scratch from reference photos

Last edited:
The actual answer to this is priorities. If you look at the DLC for other games, they pretty much all laser focus on modern cars. PD don't do that, they want good representation from across car history, so you'll get fewer modern cars here than in other series because the 2020s are just not as much of a focus for the series.

Does GT need the newest one? Why skipping important generation of cars just to pursue the newest one. I love 488GTE/GT3, I would rather had this one before 296 will be.

And Kunos is focusing only on GT cars right now. PD need to make much wider scope of cars from all eras and both road cars and racing cars.

And Kunos is focusing only on GT cars right now. PD need to make much wider scope of cars from all eras and both road cars and racing cars.
Fully agreed, though I would indeed prefer the newer 296 GT3 when it comes to a new Gr.3 entry for Ferrari. But at the same time, I'd be down for some classic racers that would go into the current groups, like how various GT300-spec cars that have ~300HP could go into Gr.4, like the Mitsubishi FTO or the Toyota MR-S.

Meanwhile, the newer ones with about 400HP - like the Lexus LC500 - could join the Subaru BRZ in Gr.3. Heck, the BRZ and LC500 even raced alongside each other in the same class and the same season, in 2021.

EDIT: Also, I bet the N24-spec Lexus LFA could serve as an additional Gr.4 entry for Lexus, too.

EDIT2: Plus, I could totally see Maserati joining the Manufacturers Series with the MC20 GT2 and a Gr.4-spec version of the newer GranTurismo. They could even have a second Gr.3 option with the older, GT1-spec MC12.

Last edited:
The actual answer to this is priorities. If you look at the DLC for other games, they pretty much all laser focus on modern cars. PD don't do that, they want good representation from across car history, so you'll get fewer modern cars here than in other series because the 2020s are just not as much of a focus for the series.
I get that. I have been around playing GT long enough I know Kaz philosophy on things.

BUT for once, can't we have the latest cars now "lump sum" NOW (did I say now yet?) once and for all, so that GT can be considered in the same universe and time as all other ?!?

PD needs to be all caught up once and for all.
Otherwise we will always be lagging behind other games and it is so frustrating !

Then after that, he can take his sweet time to go through his backlog of cars from the past, blasting all the must have and iconic cars....

But for once i want to feel that I don't have to be jealous of other titles or yearn for the cars I should be driving now, instead of having to wait until 2035 to drive cars from 2020...

Edit:
Unless it is Kaz strategy to only sell us Legendary cars at higher prices so he can meke us grind for longer....

Last edited:
I get that. I have been around playing GT long enough I know Kaz philosophy on things.

BUT for once, can't we have the latest cars now "lump sum" NOW (did I say now yet?) once and for all, so that GT can be considered in the same universe and time as all other ?!?
But by the time we get all your 'latest cars' into the game, they'll inevitably be outdated too. I'd rather PD keep focusing on culturally/historically relevant models instead of just whatever's new.

If I recall correctly, in real life the Ferrari 488 could be turned into either its GT3 or GTE spec with a bolt-on kit, which is one reason why it was so popular to use in WEC back in the day.

If a 488 racecar ends up being added, I wonder if it will have different aero parts in GT Auto to achieve the same thing as the real car.

The Audi R8 LMS Evo has something similar already, where you can change it to Evo 2 spec with GT Auto aero parts.

Back