Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,288 comments
Got to love the impatience of youth GTPers. :D
I've got a bit of mild concern too, because I was veeeeeery specifically told (by someone, somewhere) to expect something on June 24th regarding the next update... And it's getting late in the day.

Also I'm completely unavailable from 8am on 25th until Saturday so...

Maybe for this month, PD have the real cars behind curtains at the event and they are planning a special car reveal for the next update to the players and spectators in Montreal before the video goes to the public - trying something different!

Obviously this is definitely NOT what will happen but it’d be a somewhat creative way to reveal the next update cars

I've got a bit of mild concern too, because I was veeeeeery specifically told (by someone, somewhere) to expect something on June 24th regarding the next update... And it's getting late in the day.

It depends what timezone you're in - still morning in Montreal and Colorado...

We should always take into account the "Famine´s law of inconvenience" ....

It may be good for you to post your upcoming events from now to 2027 just to help with the predictions ! haha

In April, the silhouettes arrived the day before the update. So there is still hope
But in April the maintenance notice arrived on the first hours of Monday, something that always happens around that time, and it hasn't happened now. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but unless something official drops or @TheAdmiester gives us a shout of what exactly is happening, I don't think we'll see an update this month, but one in early (or even late) July instead. Hope I'm deadly wrong.

Edit: I remember he said that a time trial using an update car helped him define the May 30 update was indeed a thing, let's see if that's the case again.

Last edited:

June 24th is just starting in AMS timezone🤭🤭🤭 just saying

Whether they’re early or late, we know we’ll get a monthly car update. The only real unknown is if PD add’s a new model that’s not in the datamined list.

I’m more interested in what PD will reveal (if anything!) at Montreal GTWS. There’s solid info Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is being worked on. Even if the tracks not ready for the public it would seem an opportune moment to preview it.

Be it cars, tracks or features. I don’t mind waiting, I’d just like a little certainty on what’s coming down the line. That said, I’m not expecting anything official regarding a PS5 Pro update until Sony speak on it themselves.

It's hard to tell because PD don't keep the server maintenance pages up, but from what I can see from a rudimentary search of the string "server maintenance" to see when people post them here, the only recent maintenance notices that weren't on a JST Monday were this January's (the double VGT update, seems to have been on a Tuesday) and last September's (the double Civic update, was all the way back on the Friday of the week before).

Hi everyone ,, just signed up,, & really dig GT7 ,, other than the B.S. ''AI'' GR3 & 4,, ''pretty much impossible'' to beat ''most'' races !!
Those frigg'n AI cars just get faster & faster each lap,, which is totally unfair,, no matter what I try !! :grumpy:
The regulated AI ''PP'' on my cars is B.S. also for these races,, & is like the AI cars instead,, are being given my upgrades ... 🙄

As an experement,, I also went & purchased a few GR3 & 4 cars,, & tried them with ''no'' upgrades,, & they still got ''PP'' docked,, & were still ''of course'' ,, ''way'' slower than ''all '' the AI ones ....

My driving & set up skill sets are not the issue,, as I have a show case full of a whole bunch of gold Trophy's ect.,, but have only finished 1st. in one GR4 race,, & 6th,, in GR3's..
The GR1's on the other hand,, I have ''smoked'' all of those,, with also lapping cars in over half the races ....

Really hope they get a handle on that A.S.A.P. !

Also,,

I read that prev. GT's,, actually had a ''70' Plymouth AAR 'cuda'' .

Would about wet myself if they brought that back for GT7 ! 😛

I74

Last edited:
But in April the maintenance notice arrived on the first hours of Monday, something that always happens around that time, and it hasn't happened now. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but unless something official drops or @TheAdmiester gives us a shout of what exactly is happening, I don't think we'll see an update this month, but one in early (or even late) July instead. Hope I'm deadly wrong.

Edit: I remember he said that a time trial using an update car helped him define the May 30 update was indeed a thing, let's see if that's the case again.
But he did say something about current update:

Can vouch, I think we're close enough to its release for me to say that I think people will enjoy this one again.

The actual answer to this is priorities. If you look at the DLC for other games, they pretty much all laser focus on modern cars. PD don't do that, they want good representation from across car history, so you'll get fewer modern cars here than in other series because the 2020s are just not as much of a focus for the series.
Or marketing.

I expect PD knew 80% of the DLC content coming to GT7 before the title launched. A typical monthly update features cars on the datamined list with an occasional all-new addition. In the main these are models to fill out a range rather than something to get excited about.

If the focus was car history you'd expect models like the Auto Union Type-D, Ferrari 512M, Porsche 917/30, Porsche 935, Ferrari F40LM, Jaguar XJR-14 and countless other historically significant road and race cars. We're more likely to get another Mazda MX-5 or Nissan R32 GT-R.

PD's priorities are to hold back significant cars, be they historic, or all-new models like the Ferrari 499P, Porsche 963, BMW M4, Ferrari 296, GMA T.50 and so on. The occasional one maybe added to a monthly update or Spec III - but in the main I expect most to be held back for GT8. PD have shown they're able to get new models to market promptly, as seen with the Super Formula SF23.
I wish we'd get the field of view range that Forza Motorsport has. I can drive the Porsche 963 in Forza using cockpit view. I have to use roof cam with the Toyota GR010 in GT.
What's commonly known as the bumper cam is the nearest to a virtual cockpit cam. The cam position is very similar to sitting in the drivers seat, you can even notice if a car is left or right hand drive, or if you're in an SUV.

Last edited:
So we wait until tomorrow and see what happens its not over yet.
If we dont see silhouttes or mainterance notice tomorrow, i think its safe to say that the update might switch to next week maybe instead,

We seen it happen before, last year we didint get a july update, it was an early August update.

I74
Hi everyone ,, just signed up,, & really dig GT7 ,, other than the B.S. ''AI'' GR3 & 4,, ''pretty much impossible'' to beat ''most'' races !!
Those frigg'n AI cars just get faster & faster each lap,, which is totally unfair,, no matter what I try !! :grumpy:
The regulated AI ''PP'' on my cars is B.S. also for these races,, & is like the AI cars instead,, are being given my upgrades ... 🙄

As an experement,, I also went & purchased a few GR3 & 4 cars,, & tried them with ''no'' upgrades,, & they still got ''PP'' docked,, & were still ''of course'' ,, ''way'' slower than ''all '' the AI ones ....

My driving & set up skill sets are not the issue,, as I have a show case full of a whole bunch of gold Trophy's ect.,, but have only finished 1st. in one GR4 race,, & 6th,, in GR3's..
The GR1's on the other hand,, I have ''smoked'' all of those,, with also lapping cars in over half the races ....

Really hope they get a handle on that A.S.A.P. !

Also,,

I read that prev. GT's,, actually had a ''70' Plymouth AAR 'cuda'' .

Would about wet myself if they brought that back for GT7 ! 😛

I74

If anything the AI is too slow, they don’t even drive full throttle on straights.
You might need some practice.
You can also lower the difficulty in the options menu.

But by the time we get all your 'latest cars' into the game, they'll inevitably be outdated too. I'd rather PD keep focusing on culturally/historically relevant models instead of just whatever's new.
Most new cars mainly supercars and anything higher than that are carbon copies of each other hence why I much rather have something like the Volvo Estate, Ferrari F50 or 190E Evo II over say generic Lamborarri BuClaren '2X with specs that make the vision GT cars look lightweight.

If anything the AI is too slow, they don’t even drive full throttle on straights.
Figured somebody would probably post something like that,, & do find it on the verge of sarcastic. 🙄

Well,, Signed up here around an hr. ago,, & because of this B.S. reply,, & pretty much instant sarcastic reactions,, I'm out.

You 'F''rs don't know anything about me or my skill setts,, & was refering to mostly the GR3 cup races ..

''F'' all of you ''no class'' younger gens. that posted negative sarcastic reactions !! 🖕🖕

Last edited:
I74
Figured somebody would probably post something like that,, & do find it on the verge of sarcastic. 🙄

Well,, Signed up here around an hr. ago,, & because of this B.S. reply,, I'm out.
It´s a valid response. It´d be positive if you could please put some lap times of the tracks and races you seem to be struggling with so maybe we could give some tips, or in any case see if there´s something to report about inconsistencies on the game itself.

I74

Well,, Signed up here around an hr. ago,, & because of this B.S. reply,, I'm out.
Dude lol you gotta chill. You're saying the AI is too strong - go ahead and search about the AI and see if anyone is sharing your sentiment. If you're looking for an easy win then lower the difficulty if it's too hard. Really not that complex.

I74

It may be the car that you are using and you can change the level. I mostly race on easy because I'm lazy and don't want to try to hard 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 . TBH when I first started it seemed like it was hard but once you get used to the tracks and AI it becomes easier

In regular AI races they drive full throttle. Only in custom races are they limited to 97% throttle after the first braking zone. Really hope they’ll fix it, but I don’t really have much hope. I’m not sure if they’re even aware of it.

If I recall correctly, they tried to fix it (same with the tyre bug) but it was a halfway fix - intended as a full fix I’m sure, but I think at launch they would use 97% throttle even from the start of the race, before any braking.

I believe an update in 2022/2023 changed it so they were full throttle off the line, but when they brake, from then on their throttle will be limited to 97%.

Last edited:
Back