Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,746 comments
Going by the way PD add Gr.3 cars in previous updates, that’d be next year April or May. :lol:
However, last time we got more than one Gr.3 in a year was 2022(BR-Z GT300, Suzuki VGT Gr.3, Skyline Super Silhouette and GT-R GT3).
Only two Gr.2 cars(RS 5 & GT-One) and the lone GR.1(GR010).

Even if I did have some advanced information (and I often do), there's little I can do to share it. It's often a case that it's privileged (as a private, off-the-record conversation) or shared in confidence - I'm not a dataminer and everything I know comes from professional conversations - and at best all I can do is drop hints in update preview articles.

Generally I can't share, and even if I could it can be frustrating for fans to see the whole "I know something you don't" thing; a lot of people also don't like update spoilers. Even the "dataminers" are sharing less (and less overtly) these days until we get silhouettes. Regardless, having to sit on any info I do have and watching all the hype/doom speculation is also quite irritating :lol:

Nevertheless, what I've heard so far - which isn't all of it by a long shot - I think there's going to be some positive response (although I will couch that a little) and at least one of the cars of which I'm aware has been named in one of the predictions thread posts that I've seen. What I can definitely say is that I'm out from Tuesday morning to very late on Friday/early Saturday and that pretty much guarantees an update on Thursday.
OK .........but in your opinion would the owner of this car below be a happier soul in the next 12 months ? (I hasten to add i don't unfortunately own that car )
cube rally.jpg

Going back to Page 12 when the trailer was revealed. So many feel good posts. The game doesn’t feel like the one we saw initially. I’m still wishing they kept this:
View attachment 1366239

The resort could have been beside on a second page. Just keep the Dealerships, GT Auto and Tuning Parts and Discover on the GT Town page and all the racing events, Missions, Driving School, Sport Mode and Multiplayer on the resort page. An option to choose either page style would be cool, but having both on separate pages would be nicer spread. I’d love to see that day & night transition of GT Town.
What I wouldn't give for that menu to be in the game, it's just perfect.

The current one is boring and has no soul.

What was Yamauchi thinking to discard that menu? Has no sense... 🤨🤔

What I wouldn't give for that menu to be in the game, it's just perfect.

The current one is boring and has no soul.

What was Yamauchi thinking to discard that menu? Has no sense... 🤨🤔
So much for wanting a life-like atmosphere. The Gran Turismo island is still somewhat lacking in depth, even if you can explore most areas by doing Forzavista on PSVR2.

Without it, the closest thing to get a detailed look at some of the landmarks is through the menu books in the Cafe.

Last edited:
It's worth noting that there's a decent chance Kaz is in Colorado for Pikes Peak this weekend.

I say this not because I think Pikes Peak is coming (I don't), but to keep in mind that him being in a different time zone means the silhouettes would likely come at a different time of the day to normal.

DK
My guess is that PD couldn't achieve a steady 60fps there on the basic PS4.
Do we still have any chance of weather and time being implemented in those tracks in future updates? Maybe with some extra optimization

Last edited:
It's worth noting that there's a decent chance Kaz is in Colorado for Pikes Peak this weekend.

I say this not because I think Pikes Peak is coming (I don't), but to keep in mind that him being in a different time zone means the silhouettes would likely come at a different time of the day to normal.
How did you know, did you look at his schedule on some website?

It would be nice if PD added some tracks that were featured in gt5 and gt6. Those games were my training days for GTsport and gt7.

How did you know, did you look at his schedule on some website?

It would be nice if PD added some tracks that were featured in gt5 and gt6. Those games were my training days for GTsport and gt7.
It would be great to see eventually all those original tracks i hope GT track list will keep evolving and we won't see another "content reset due to new engine and possibilities"

I can't understand, why all the original GT tracks, don't have full weather and 24 h time..
I think the lack of rain at Brands Hatch, Daytona, and Watkins Glen is much more egregious. Sure, I can believe a lack of rain at Willow Springs, but Daytona? The track that's in the noted sub-tropical climate of Florida? Really?

That said, though, I really don't think rain at dirt/snow tracks would be necessary whatsoever.

Last edited:
I think the lack of rain at Brands Hatch, Daytona, and Watkins Glen is much more egregious. Sure, I can believe a lack of rain at Willow Springs, but Daytona? The track that's in the noted sub-tropical climate of Florida? Really?

That said, though, I really don't think rain at dirt/snow tracks would be necessary whatsoever.

Desert tracks like Willow or Laguna Seca doesn’t need to have rain, but the rest should have definately. I wonder what is the case with those. Maybe PD is keeping it for another „big update”?

DK
My guess is that PD couldn't achieve a steady 60fps there on the basic PS4.
Maybe, but still..

Sure, I agree with you 100%! But, in original tracks, they have like a white canvas....

Even if I did have some advanced information (and I often do), there's little I can do to share it. It's often a case that it's privileged (as a private, off-the-record conversation) or shared in confidence - I'm not a dataminer and everything I know comes from professional conversations - and at best all I can do is drop hints in update preview articles.

Generally I can't share, and even if I could it can be frustrating for fans to see the whole "I know something you don't" thing; a lot of people also don't like update spoilers. Even the "dataminers" are sharing less (and less overtly) these days until we get silhouettes. Regardless, having to sit on any info I do have and watching all the hype/doom speculation is also quite irritating :lol:

Nevertheless, what I've heard so far - which isn't all of it by a long shot - I think there's going to be some positive response (although I will couch that a little) and at least one of the cars of which I'm aware has been named in one of the predictions thread posts that I've seen. What I can definitely say is that I'm out from Tuesday morning to very late on Friday/early Saturday and that pretty much guarantees an update on Thursday.
Please do a Forza, GT / PD, and surprise us with a 963….🙏🏻

Attachments

• 47055779-7d3f-4457-8c13-0d3a5684a7bb.png
    47055779-7d3f-4457-8c13-0d3a5684a7bb.png
    237.3 KB · Views: 3
All I really want is a set of longer length races, where strategy, weather, 1x tyre wear all play a hand.

A set of events that utilises a bunch of cars which currently have no use case in World Circuit events.

Ideally against GT Sophy, to see how they fare over a longer stint, and not just a three lap dash for the cash.

Please PD, give me a curated, longer form set of events, something that warrants me setting up my rig again.

All I really want is a set of longer length races, where strategy, weather, 1x tyre wear all play a hand.

A set of events that utilises a bunch of cars which currently have no use case in World Circuit events.

Ideally against GT Sophy, to see how they fare over a longer stint, and not just a three lap dash for the cash.

Please PD, give me a curated, longer form set of events, something that warrants me setting up my rig again.
That, and all cars available as rental cars in World Circuits and Split-Screen Race (and as the game has an always-online restriction for now, offline mode).

Back