Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,292 comments
I'm probably in the minority here but I've not touched the 'grind' races since they added payouts to the TTs
It does help that I'm not in any rush to get all the cars but the money I get from that normally keeps me going fine
I'm with you on this. When I drive - and I drive in this game quite a bit and often - it's to have fun. Credits come organically, and that's my choice. Others will vary. One thing I think is constant: There will always be people who are happy with the way credits are handled, and others who will feel there need to be more credits/easier ways to earn them.
This quote from Kaz illustrates brillantly the failures of PD : even when they have good intentions, they are unable to enact them.

So you can imagine the probability of them enacting things that players want but they don't 🤣
I don't believe it's a failure at all . . . but the key to this is the failure is measured not on a concrete statistic but a feeling some individuals have on this forum.

E.G. if every event gave 10 million credits per hour, some would complain it's not enough. Others would complain it's too easy to get credits.

Somewhat related to the above, I think most of the folks posting here forget we are only a small portion of those who play Gran Turismo. The active members of this forum are by no means a majority of players. PD have not forgotten they need to appeal to the broadest band of those who purchase and play Gran Turismo 7. @CTznOfTime used the "7 to 77" years of age and that's essentially true.

Hopefully we as a forum community can be a bit more aware of that.

To address a video I saw on YouTube recently about the daily races and what that particular driver (A+ rated) wanted to see, I have the following counterpoint:

Make a race that appeals to the top split (top of A+) and only those drivers will drive it.

I apologize for the long rant. I'll get back in my box and work on the other post I'm writing for haptics and the like.

Last edited:
I'm with you on this. When I drive - and I drive in this game quite a bit and often - it's to have fun. Credits come organically, and that's my choice. Others will vary. One thing I think is constant: There will always be people who are happy with the way credits are handled, and others who will feel there need to be more credits/easier ways to earn them.

I don't believe it's a failure at all . . . but the key to this is the failure is measured not on a concrete statistic but a feeling some individuals have on this forum.

E.G. if every event gave 10 million credits per hour, some would complain it's not enough. Others would complain it's too easy to get credits.

Somewhat related to the above, I think most of the folks posting here forget we are only a small portion of those who play Gran Turismo. The active members of this forum are by no means a majority of players. PD have not forgotten they need to appeal to the broadest band of those who purchase and play Gran Turismo 7. Another poster used the "7 to 77" years of age and that's essentially true.

Hopefully we as a forum community can be a bit more aware of that.

To address a video I saw on YouTube recently about the daily races and what that particular driver (A+ rated) wanted to see, I have the following counterpoint:

Make a race that appeals to the top split (top of A+) and only those drivers will drive it.

I apologize for the long rant. I'll get back in my box and work on the other post I'm writing for haptics and the like.
Thats me brother

Post in thread 'Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ws-and-discussion-thread.394098/post-14280847

Jesus Christ.

It seemed to line up so perfectly.

Going out on a limb here and say that I don’t think Montreal is coming at all. If it isn’t here it isn’t coming. Putting it out after a live event in Montreal would be stupid.

So it’s guessing time again!

What’s the next track gonna be and when is it coming?

Last edited:
Jesus Christ.

It seemed to line up so perfectly.

Going out on a limb here and say that I don’t think Montreal is coming at all. If it isn’t here it isn’t coming. Putting it out after a live event at Montreal would be stupid.

So it’s guessing time again!

What’s the next track gonna be and when is it coming?
Doompost opinion- we won't get any new track/s in GT7.....

Last edited:
Trying to make any sense based on our guesses, wishes, desires and dreams versus the illogical thoughts of a mystic man... No good can come out of that except for desperation, and pent up frustration....

Holding a live virtual race at an actual race track, without actually releasing the track virtually....

PD might as well hold the event in a large igloo in Antarctica, would make more sense...

One thing is clear, the problem with GT7 (at least in my opinion) is that Yamauchi goes through everything and doesn't listen to the fans

Adding more circuits and cars does not solve anything, nor does a new game with 20 or 30 new cars and 3 circuits

Why are there so many people playing Gran Turisno 4 on emulators? simply because of its Arcade mode

If Yamauchi would listen, and add an Arcade mode with custom races and ALL CARS UNLOCKED, all problems would be solved

Many people no longer want to collect cars, they just want to customize their race, choose a track and car and that's it.

Do you want to collect cars and start with a Honda Fit? Go ahead, no one forbids you

But GT has always been like this until GT5 (Which was for me, where the saga started to get drastically worse)

Gran Turismo 7 has a lot of power and has very good things, but it is very wasted because of not listening to people and as I said, a new Gran Turismo does not solve anything if they continue to fail something as important as what I have mentioned

Grid, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Forza Motorsport... They all have a mode where you can choose the car and circuit you want. Why not Gran Turismo today when it did before?

Does Yamauchi really think that everyone is going to buy 20 million cars? I highly doubt it, and especially when they close their servers.

(I hope everyone understood me and I'm sorry for writing so much 😅😅😅)

One thing is clear, the problem with GT7 (at least in my opinion) is that Yamauchi goes through everything and doesn't listen to the fans

Adding more circuits and cars does not solve anything, nor does a new game with 20 or 30 new cars and 3 circuits

Why are there so many people playing Gran Turisno 4 on emulators? simply because of its Arcade mode

If Yamauchi would listen, and add an Arcade mode with custom races and ALL CARS UNLOCKED, all problems would be solved

Many people no longer want to collect cars, they just want to customize their race, choose a track and car and that's it.

Do you want to collect cars and start with a Honda Fit? Go ahead, no one forbids you

But GT has always been like this until GT5 (Which was for me, where the saga started to get drastically worse)

Gran Turismo 7 has a lot of power and has very good things, but it is very wasted because of not listening to people and as I said, a new Gran Turismo does not solve anything if they continue to fail something as important as what I have mentioned

Grid, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Forza Motorsport... They all have a mode where you can choose the car and circuit you want. Why not Gran Turismo today when it did before?

Does Yamauchi really think that everyone is going to buy 20 million cars? I highly doubt it, and especially when they close their servers.

That's the dream right there.

Honestly, I think very similar to you. It's about half-way there. The custom race feature works well but needs some tweeks on the filter to make car searching easier. Also, AI should be able to race at full speed like in some "chilli" races... And finally, be able to select any car instead of only cars in your garage. Besides this, I would enable an option to select any livery for each car. This would be awesome to recreate some of the iconic races through the diferent racing eras. I see a loootttt of content potential in this game for Youtubers and such, but it's limited by Kaz's greed and stubbornness.

I don't disagree with your larger point, but I don't think this is true. A lot of what I see from GT4 content is either a) GT Mode randomiser runs, or b) GT Mode challenge runs ("can I beat the game with only red cars?" or "how far in can you get only ever spending credits on Skylines?" types of things, sometimes modded). Either way, it's GT Mode that is the draw.

That's one thing I do kind of miss actually, the ability to design a route and plan your different ways through the game. That's where the café's linearity does fall down for me a bit.

Well, PD had a world tour in Sydney and Monaco. We didn’t get either Sydney Motorsport Park or the Monaco GP circuit. Even though things line up, PD clearly don’t work like that. Don’t let them get in your head. We gotsta stick together and shake our GT brothers and sisters! :sly:

Well, PD had a world tour in Sydney and Monaco. We didn’t get either Sydney Motorsport Park or the Monaco GP circuit. Even though things line up, PD clearly don’t work like that. Don’t let them get in your head. We gotsta stick together and shake our GT brothers and sisters! :sly:
true - meanwhile all GT fans

waiting-alone-pablo-escobar-meme-59plbd99bd7kqbt1.webp

Is there a way to track the number of current GT4 players?
I don't see much point for people to go back outside of a nostalgia trip for a few days, unique content like tracks, making videos like a letsplay, or because they can pirate it for free.

But if a decent amount of people really are still playing, that's cool.

Last edited:
I don't see much point for people to go back outside of a nostalgia trip for a few days, unique content like tracks, making videos like a letsplay, or because they can pirate it for free.
Are you kidding? I got back and play the first 4 GTs just because the career modes were just so much fun. I've probably have played GT2 alone 10-100x over GT7 this year alone.

They are aware of it, I fed it through Mikail Hizal and PD confirmed it's an intentional design decision, lol. Same with the forced rubber banding.
Have you asked him why they haven't updated Daiki Kasho's music in-game to the ones on the OST yet? Eight of them, including "Shadows of Our Past" and "It's All About You", got brand new recordings and mixes.

Keep the faith. Anything can happen from here on, there’s still a chance.
True there is still tomorrow, but with no server mainterance up it feels more likely that the update could drop around the live event, it happen last year once to.

You bring up many great points, but forza motorsport is not better as a career mode is concerned, its worse, ac barely has any career at all, project cars just like ac those not have any progression involve with the cars or any option to upgrade,

I dont think people playing gt4 on emulators for arcade mode, its for career mode clearly witch was fantastic in gt4, and looking on the mods like specll and re-tuned for gt4 makes things really intresting.

A new gt game could solve a lot if its done right, specially if it means if gt8 would have full sophy ai integration. While new cars and tracks dosent solve a lot for gt7 it makes it more enjoyable to have cars we want,

Last edited:
I think even the first Gran Turismo had rubber banding.
Our best bet is that development for Sophy A.I. progresses at a rate to where it replaces the normal A.I. entirely for GT8 (Whenever that becomes a thing. 2029? Who knows).
Maybe then the rubber banding will be gone. Then again, maybe they use that as the way to "balance" Sophy A.I. to the player still. Hopefully not though.
Rubber banding can be done well, it just isn’t in GT7 (and Sport and 6).

7 has some specific unique horrendous programming on top of the rubber band though. I haven’t played in almost 2 years now, but I have vivid memory of desperately trying to make the game challenging by entering the slowest cars I could, in this case the WTC600 championship with a sub-200hp AE86. Every lap without fail a car would place itself in the exact same spot, perfectly to be right in front of me and brake on the apex and be slightly off the racing line to prevent any passing opportunity through the death chicane. Then magically they’d hit the throttle on the exit and **** off down the straight, and suddenly pull a larger gap than they had coming out of the corner before the chicane section. (In my case it was almost always the Huracan, no matter where it was on the grid at the start). You can also cheese around in the first race to make one of the normal “backmarkers” win, and suddenly they’ll turn into the rabbit in the following races since they’re leading the championship and they programmed the top 2 or 3 cars to behave certain ways. I’m sure this is still something you can replicate now.

It was awful because with a slow car the AI bogs itself down until you pass it on the last couple laps and activates, then having 3-5x the horsepower and you can’t keep up. Or you take a “normal” car and pass everyone on lap 1, and even at the “max” aggression they’ve programmed they don’t pose a threat (and let me tell you, I’m no esports champion). Essentially the only thing I could do to get enjoyment out of progressing through the campaign was to enter a car much too slow for the event, and add parts or slight tune tweaks each attempt until I was passing the leaders of the last few corners on the final lap. There was no way to predict what this ideal performance level that would be.

The offset was that it caused me to build a lot of cars that became absolute blasts to drive, but man the racing was awful.

D3BAE964-84B6-4416-8124-5D1CAC79DAC9.jpeg

FB4EAA40-C1DE-4E83-9741-1D08F6C5628D.jpeg

6F193510-7BB2-4519-AD2C-98B773EBBEAA.jpeg

E9FC4F9C-6020-475D-A399-6A61E7AF3A00.jpeg

FDB482A3-E1E9-4E0F-8D64-7133B2B8F041.jpeg

D2DE5369-1732-49A6-BE84-380BC90FE073.jpeg

And the holy grail: beating the Schwartzwald League in a Beetle with no engine swap:

D456BBD8-BE06-4EE8-8313-830D5F5DB031.jpeg

92122242-CF9E-4C65-A0ED-F347BF6AB90A.jpeg

Just because the GTWS events aren't racing on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, doesn't mean it isn't coming.

If the update drops on the Thursday before, then it only allows for a few day's worth of practice time. PD might feel that it would be unfair to force expert racers to race at a brand new track they aren't familiar with.

Alternatively (and this is a more sensible option from a marketing perspective) PD might be holding back the update so they can preview the new track at the event.

We are long, long overdue a new track.

It's all personal preferences, but for me I feel like GT5 had the best career mode. Didn't feel padded like GT3 & GT4, but still had a lot of events that all contributed to levelling up and progression. The special events in particular were a highlight.

And on the topic of Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, just because they're not using it at the live event doesn't discredit it being found in two separate areas of datamining (scapes, & Time of Day settings).
It's either a case of the circuit not being ready, or they're holding it back. Guessing the former.
It might make sense that the last planned circuit content for GT7 was in the Spec II update, and we're only getting cars until GT8.
That of course might also depend on how far away GT8 is. Nothing was said about it during Summer Games Fest so I think it's still 2.5 years away minimum.

Last edited:
but man the racing was awful.
Which diffuculty were you on? I usually find some descent competition on hard, as long as my car is not OP. I find some events much better as far as the racing goes, but yeah, some of the events lack in that aspect.

Back