Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
are you kidding me?:confused: ... I haven't talked about RT at all.
I recommend that you read the discussion between me and the user in question.
We were talking about the cockpit movement ... who named RT?:odd:
Sorry, my bad. Somehow I missed it.

Maybe something was lost in translation. Maybe Kaz was referring to garage scenes and not scape mode. And the video department mixed up the footage.
Everything is possible, the last gameplay footage had also wrong colors (bad converted HDR footage).

I don't know if they turned it off by mistake or used the wrong footage but there is literally no RT in the scape footage in the trailer like you said

rUkqEEv.jpg
At least in this one, there is no ray-tracing. If there was, the side mirror would be reflected on the car itself. The lack of self-reflections is one of the giveaways for the absence of ray-tracing.

Interesting to see that the 2015 R8 LMS is still here, was under the impression it would be replaced with the Evo we saw in the Brembo trailer.
It's actually been confirmed for a while. The 2015 LMS was shown in the collector's trailer as one of those cars on the list scrolling behind Kaz.

In which, I never thought that myself due to PD's track record of having multiple variations of cars in their games.

It's actually been confirmed for a while. The 2015 LMS was shown in the collector's trailer as one of those cars on the list scrolling behind Kaz.

In which, I never thought that myself due to PD's track record of having multiple variations of cars in their games.
Ah, forgot about that. Was so focused on the new stuff so much, I might've missed it.

Usually, PD's problems with variations have been with two particular cars (Won't say them), all I'll say is there was far less of them in GTS as a whole then there were across GT2 - GT6, though you bringing that up makes me remember the R8 LMS from GT PSP (Both in that red and playstation livery) as well as the French GT car and the Bilstein liveried R8 LMS Ultra in GT6.

Last edited:
All those that are complaining about the car groups again forget that there's nothing stopping you from only using/allowing certain cars from within said group. Look how for example Sport Mode can limit Gr.1 races to just Group C cars if they wanted. The same can be done in lobby's if the host properly enforces it. No doubt career events will enforce more detailed categories within their groups too, or even have some events that only use the PP system allowing for some group overlap.

The only real potential issue would be with creating custom races against the A.I. where you can't limit what they use. I think it would be great if there was a "Garage Race" mode where you choose the grid yourself out of the cars in your garage (Liveries and all). Hopefully we get something like that, but who knows.

Interesting to see that the 2015 R8 LMS is still here, was under the impression it would be replaced with the Evo we saw in the Brembo trailer.
There's no reason for them to throw away the 2015 R8 LMS. The car is already modeled, so the resources were already spent, plus it's one more car to boost the final car count.
Seriously, what is stopping them from creating new groups? They make some odd decisions but keep pretending that everything is perfect.
I guess laziness. It would be nice if, atleast, they created different iterations of each group. Gr.1/Gr.1 Classic, and so on.

All those that are complaining about the car groups again forget that there's nothing stopping you from only using/allowing certain cars from within said group. Look how for example Sport Mode can limit Gr.1 races to just Group C cars if they wanted. The same can be done in lobby's if the host properly enforces it. No doubt career events will enforce more detailed categories within their groups too, or even have some events that only use the PP system allowing for some group overlap.

The only real potential issue would be with creating custom races against the A.I. where you can't limit what they use. I think it would be great if there was a "Garage Race" mode where you choose the grid yourself out of the cars in your garage (Liveries and all). Hopefully we get something like that, but who knows.
Yeah, if PD wants to limit it. That’s the crucial part. Majority of the time when there’s a Gr.1 daily or FIA race in GTS, it’s a complete free for all and every car in that category is allowed. And from what we’ve seen of GT7 so far, it looks like that trend is going to continue.

Last edited:
Usually, PD's problems with variations have been with two particular cars
I think your memory needs to be jogged a bit more. Because I recall more cars than just 2 with multiple variations, some made sense to me of course. But others were just plain redundant like having multiple regional versions of the same car.
GT6, though you bringing that up makes me remember the R8 LMS from GT PSP (Both in that red and playstation livery) as well as the French GT car and the Bilstein liveried R8 LMS Ultra in GT6.
Yup. One reason I wasn't shocked, they have done multiple R8 LMS variations before. While you're right about GTS slowing down, it was still kinda there. Things like the BMW M6 GT3, Audi R18 2013, and the Toyota 86.
there's nothing stopping you from only using/allowing certain cars from within said group. Look how for example Sport Mode can limit Gr.1 races to just Group C cars if they wanted. The same can be done in lobby's if the host properly enforces it.
I don't play online mode only though, I prefer single-player. Which I still can't do in GT Sport. The custom race mode for instance is still very limited on what car types you can set. I can only set Groups, not specific car categories. Which is an absolute joke when Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, and Forza Motorsport 6-7 were giving me those abilities.
No doubt career events will enforce more detailed categories within their groups too, or even have some events that only use the PP system allowing for some group overlap.
Yeah, I have doubts about that. In Gran Turismo Sport's GT League mode, they were still being too loose with the restrictions for categories like Gr.2 & Gr.3. You could still race a Mclaren F1 GTR Shorttail against GT3 cars, Gr.C Cars against LMP1s, and Super GT cars from 2008 against ones from 2017. So far with GT7's trailers, there isn't much confidence right now I have with them doing this.

Last edited:
I think your memory needs to be jogged a bit more. Because I recall more cars than just 2 with multiple variations, some made sense to me of course. But others were just plain redundant like having multiple regional versions of the same car.
Hence why I said "Usually", because yes there were others but none have more variants in the high digits then those particular two. You know the numbers are getting stretched when the difference between one of those many variants is literally down to a single color and nothing else.

Last edited:
Yeah, if PD wants to limit it. That’s the crucial part. Majority of the time when there’s a Gr.1 daily or FIA race in GTS, it’s a complete free for all and every car in that category is allowed. And from what we’ve seen of GT7 so far, it looks like that trend is going to continue.
Well there's always lobbys so the players can set their own rules if they don't like a Sport Mode race. From personal experience I haven't touched Sport Mode since March 2018, but still race in lobbys to this day because of the wider variety of stuff, and the ability to create your own combinations.

Again, Lobby are fine. However, us solo players that only touch Custom Race, are left out in the cold. we'll see if anything has upgraded in GT7. but it's not looking good.

Very happy to see yet another Pebble Beach winner. I really hope this increases the chances of the 2018 Winner (AAR Gurney Eagle Indycar) being added to the game (GT7, not GT8 lol) eventually.

1639695515100.png

Well there's always lobbys so the players can set their own rules if they don't like a Sport Mode race. From personal experience I haven't touched Sport Mode since March 2018, but still race in lobbys to this day because of the wider variety of stuff, and the ability to create your own combinations.
Needs to be said that Open Lobbies from GT5 - GT6 was basically the perfect sandbox for Motorsport fans. GT Sport's version is just missing so many good settings, its the number one thing I hope that gets upgraded in the transition to GT7.

Last edited:
Back