Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
I wonder if our progress in GTS get carried over to GT7, or if we get something as a gift if we are at a certain level. I hope we get a mode where we can test every car and don't have to grind 200h+ just to drive those 20mill cars. Im fine if we don't get credits if we use them and even totally fine if we don't level up with them. I just like to do hotlaps with different cars on the same track to see how hard i can push the car. But the prices are a little too expensive, even after hunderds of hours i still couldn't play with all the cars. I would love to try out all the cars just to see how it feels on the track.

I wonder if our progress in GTS get carried over to GT7, or if we get something as a gift if we are at a certain level. I hope we get a mode where we can test every car and don't have to grind 200h+ just to drive those 20mill cars. Im fine if we don't get credits if we use them and even totally fine if we don't level up with them. I just like to do hotlaps with different cars on the same track to see how hard i can push the car. But the prices are a little too expensive, even after hunderds of hours i still couldn't play with all the cars. I would love to try out all the cars just to see how it feels on the track.
I would guess only liveries would transfer over.

I hope we get a mode where we can test every car and don't have to grind 200h+ just to drive those 20mill cars. Im fine if we don't get credits if we use them and even totally fine if we don't level up with them. I just like to do hotlaps with different cars on the same track to see how hard i can push the car. But the prices are a little too expensive, even after hundreds of hours i still couldn't play with all the cars. I would love to try out all the cars just to see how it feels on the track.
That sounds like what Arcade Mode should be (or should've been) in the first place.

I wonder if our progress in GTS get carried over to GT7, or if we get something as a gift if we are at a certain level.
Hopefully our liveries get carried over, with maybe a little credits bonus (and a few extra cars too). But beyond that, I guess it's just the liveries.

Lap time talk re: CLK-LM being in Gr.2...

1998 Suzuka 1000 km (it is worth noting the 1998 Suzuka 1000km had mix of FIA GT1, FIA GT2, and GT500 and GT300 cars)
GT1: CLK-LM #1: 1:52.580
GT2: Viper GTS-R #51: 2:06.077
GT500: Kunimitsu NSX #100: 2:02.507
GT300: Daishin Silvia (S14) #181: 2:15.316

2016 Suzuka 1000 km
GT500: Drago Modulo NSX Concept-GT #15: 1:47.456
GT300: UPGARAGE 86 MC #18: 1:57.876

Of course the CLK LM is in Gr.2. Which means that the f1 gtr longtail is. I bet the JGTC supra and skyline are there too.

Well frick, I wanted more classes to fix this, but nope. PD is too stubborn to do that.
For reference, the TOM's Supra can be seen leading Gr.3 machinery around Tsukuba at the end of the same trailer...

To be honest. I don't care anymore about those race classes. I would love to see them more fleshed out, but on the other hand. We have a lot of similar race sims with similar content where there are different class'es with the same cars. GT7 could serve more like Japan GT style class racing (like Suzuka 1000km 1998)

BTW. When there are 2 GT1 cars mixed to group 2 i wonder if we are going to see 911 GT1 race version or Nissan R390 GT1 or even Panoz.

Lap time talk re: CLK-LM being in Gr.2...

1998 Suzuka 1000 km (it is worth noting the 1998 Suzuka 1000km had mix of FIA GT1, FIA GT2, and GT500 and GT300 cars)
GT1: CLK-LM #1: 1:52.580
GT2: Viper GTS-R #51: 2:06.077
GT500: Kunimitsu NSX #100: 2:02.507
GT300: Daishin Silvia (S14) #181: 2:15.316

2016 Suzuka 1000 km
GT500: Drago Modulo NSX Concept-GT #15: 1:47.456
GT300: UPGARAGE 86 MC #18: 1:57.876
Were there any track revisions between those years? Plus, track resurfacing?

Great find! Very excited by F12 and F8!

I really do hope we will get updated Group 3 entry for Ferrari. I would really love to see 488 GTE/or GT3.

For reference, the TOM's Supra can be seen leading Gr.3 machinery around Tsukuba at the end of the same trailer...
Yeah, I saw that, but didn't believe it being a Gr.3 car yet. Showing cars in action on these trailers doesn't exactly mean that's the class they'll be in. Just as showing LMPs racing against GT3 cars doesn't mean GT7 has multi-class racing yet.

According to the pamphlet -- only cars newer than 2011 (10 years) can be purchased in Brands Central.

Old cars will be found in the used cars section and will be updated daily. Akin to GTPSP. That's kinda cool
Hope that doesn’t turn into a Daily Races become Weekly Races=Daily Used cars becomes weekly used cars. Some might not like it, but I’d like the rarity of seeing cars turn up once in a while.

According to the pamphlet -- only cars newer than 2011 (10 years) can be purchased in Brands Central.

Old cars will be found in the used cars section and will be updated daily. Akin to GTPSP. That's kinda cool
It's cool if there are thousands of cars available daily with randomised condition, trim and colour. If there are only 30 or so a day like GT5 and you have to wait for weeks for the one you want to circle round...not so cool.

Last edited:
Old cars will be found in the used cars section and will be updated daily...
That means Cars will then disappear after that or will stay there...?

Nice wheels alignment
1639741362142.png

Old cars will be found in the used cars section and will be updated daily...
That means Cars will then disappear after that or will stay there...?
Disappear, probably. They might stay for a couple of days before disappearing.

Ok.. screw tree's, these clouds!!
Honestly though, its all coming together damn nice.
I haven't even seen glare like this in Sport unless i somehow missed it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211217-220537_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211217-220537_YouTube.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 20
162A5A50-3B44-4BCF-9182-AFC437213824.jpeg
Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of "Gran Turismo"
Over 420 car models with the highest quality ever.
Over 90 tracks with realistic weather and realistic scenery.
Besides, the long-awaited "GT Mode," which you can enjoy the car life, is back again.
Enjoy various events as buying, selling and tuning the cars and racing.

Brand Central
A shopping mall which over 60 automobile brands assemble.
You can purchase over 300 post-2011 cars here.

Used Cars Dealer
The cars which have been discontinued for a long time are lined up here.
The Japanese historic cars in '80s and '90s are also available.
The lineup would be updated every day.

Garage
Your base of the car life.
Up to 1000 cars can be stored and you can gaze at and setup your car.

Tuning Shop
Engine, tire, brake, suspension etc... a huge amount of tuning parts are available.
You can also purchase the supercharger, turbocharger, weight reduction and rigidity increase.

GT Auto
Dress up your car here.
Over 130 wheels and over 600 aero parts are lined up.
Oil change, car wash, painting and livery editing are also available.

Scapes
Over 2500 photo locations in 40 countries all over the world.
Place your car in a beautiful scene and take realistic HDR photographs.

License Center
Learn the driving technique from scratch.
You can learn from basic techniques to different drivings for each car and course.

Mission Challenge
0-400m Battle, Drifting, Max Speed Challenge, "Music Rally" which you can race to music etc...
You can experience unique events that is different from ordinary racing.

World Circuits
World circuits such as Le Mans and Nürburgring, beloved fictional citcuits such as Trail Mountain...
Over 90 layouts are in this game.

Sorry that my translation is not very good, I used the same words for many times...

Last edited:
Back