Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
This is not mine this is from MotogamesTV

He did a roughly good comparison between PS5 and PS4 quality and it shows a brief second of Alsace Village.

Not blown away by what I see but I am liking it

There ares some improvement with car antialising and lightning with one exception - what happened with willow springs ?

I don’t think the Starion had paperwork visible either.

I’m of the same opinion, but remember when the Starion news came out?
I do. Still need actual proof that is still happening though. At least with some of the tracks, they appeared in code so that lent alot more credibility then a claim that anyone can say without much proof.

This is not mine this is from MotogamesTV

He did a roughly good comparison between PS5 and PS4 quality and it shows a brief second of Alsace Village.

Not blown away by what I see but I am liking it

Lighting is significally better but Willow Springs looks a bit odd, could be related to weather conditions thought. Alsace is the high note here, definitely looks vastly improved

Last edited:
6624427F-5803-4830-9FAF-75E365D26333.jpeg

One thing I noticed, the Integra TYPE R shown in this image could possibly be the 1995 model?
It seems to have white 8-spoke wheels (unlike the post-1998 models, its wheels would always be white even if the body color is neither white nor yellow).

The 1995 model was said that it was waaay aggressive and more dangerous than the later models. I hope it could also be experienced in game.

Last edited:
View attachment 1100036
One thing I noticed, the Integra TYPE R shown in this image could possibly be the 1995 model?
It seems to have white 8-spoke wheels (unlike the post-1998 models, its wheels would always be white even if the body color is not white or yellow).

The 1995 model was said that it was waaay aggressive and more dangerous than the later models. I hope it could also be experienced in game.
Oh no, the PP has a decimal now!

(The manufacturer part of the datamine also has BAC and a key to what type of the old Jeep we're getting - it's not Ford GPW, for sure.)
I recall Radical being one of the manufacturers also from that datamine list. Will be interesting to see when that one gets revealed, and which car('s) from the brand too.

Last edited:
How many brands were listed in the datamine?
Well here are the links to the 2 datamine posts I know of.

Last edited:
What about B-Spec...?
Does anyone know if it will be included?
Probably not. When asked he gave a typical cryptic response.

When asked on the idea of B-Spec returning, "At the moment of speaking, no" with a smile. Possibly hinting at a later surprise?

That's the track which has got the highest probability of appearing as the one new to the series given it showed up in GT Sport code already last year in an update with the following conditions: daytime, morning, sunset, afternoon, noon, sunrise and twilight. They must be quite serious about it given the number of conditions that have been created.

I'm hoping they do a standalone next-gen only release for Pikes Peak so we can get a glimpse of the future of GT earlier than having to wait for a whole new GT game. They can then really push the geometry and track details, sound and physics to the next level. They are probably getting limited in size of game if they have all these baked lighting tracks on PS4 for GT7.
They are probably limited by the game engine. I guess they can't achiveve an acceptable framerate or don't have the manpower to make this track. Tbh, I think it's time for a new engine or change something. I'm eager to see a Forza 8, what can be make on next gen. For years, we haven't seen any actual city track like R246 or a tree tunnel (Deep Forest :( ). Instead of being handcrafted, the majority of original tracks look procedurally generated. Players aren't blind, and Poly should stop.

Didnt see anyone answer you but are you referring to how it looks?
Overall?
lighting in willow springs in gt7 is worse than in gt sport (lack of ambient occlusion, maybe one of this situation where new dynamic time of day could result in worse looking lighting ?)

Last edited:
Here is my complete A Gran Turismo 7 Carol playlist featuring Specialtatin' of past, present and future.

snc
lighting in willow springs in gt7 is worse than in gt sport (lack of ambient occlusion, maybe one of this situation where new dynamic time of day could result in worse looking lighting ?)
Thats my thougt too.
I mean the GT 7 Version looks realy dead:
Hopefully it's only the daytime.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211218-121147_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211218-121147_YouTube.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 32
UNfortunately one of the changes insn't reducing the two lane local road from being wider than a highway.
If only one of those changes was getting rid of this mess of a track.

Seems everyone has forgotten about a course maker.

I think of it every day 'cause I felt robbed by GT6's requiring a mobile 'phone and I've never owned one.

Hoping it'll be the or one of a few bombshells to be dropped in the lead-up to release.
Hopefully. You have to imagine they have something left to unveil other than the remaining cars and tracks, because so far they've shown us absolutely nothing new in terms of major new gameplay elements or features. There is mention of a couple of new things in that new Japanese thing but pretty minor.

snc
Like someone else mentioned, i believe its got something to do with real time lighting.
Ive seen some games and real life for that matter get bland at certain times of the day.
Midday being the main culprit in my opinion.

Its something i actually expected and it actually looks like 12:00 in that scene.

Added a pic for comparison, best i could find.
I wouldnt say unrealistic :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211218-215152_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211218-215152_YouTube.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 31
  • images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Thats my thougt too.
I mean the GT 7 Version looks realy dead:
Hopefully it's only the daytime.

In real life things can look blown out from a bright light source. Sport used baked lighting to give the best impression and to extract the most detail but that's not how real life works. It's like watching a movie where the lighting is all controlled vs a home video. One might be more impressive visually but the other is more true to life.

In real life things can look blown out from a bright light source. Sport used baked lighting to give the best impression and to extract the most detail but that's not how real life works. It's like watching a movie where the lighting is all controlled vs a home video. One might be more impressive visually but the other is more true to life.
Agree completely.

Back