Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
Like someone else mentioned, i believe its got something to do with real time lighting.
Ive seen some games and real life for that matter get bland at certain times of the day.
Midday being the main culprit in my opinion.

Its something i actually expected and it actually looks like 12:00 in that scene.

Added a pic for comparison, best i could find.
I wouldnt say unrealistic :)
good point, lets hope its the case and on different time we have proper ambient oclussion ;)

Last edited:
View attachment 1100036
One thing I noticed, the Integra TYPE R shown in this image could possibly be the 1995 model?
It seems to have white 8-spoke wheels (unlike the post-1998 models, its wheels would always be white even if the body color is neither white nor yellow).

The 1995 model was said that it was waaay aggressive and more dangerous than the later models. I hope it could also be experienced in game.
Hello, what cars are the two of which you can see only the front bumper ?

Last edited:
snc
good point, lets hope its the case and on different time we have proper ambient oclussion ;)
I don't think ambient occlusion is missing, my best guess is the time of day of that footage is during noon which direct light from the sun is harsher and it can create high contrast images. Most photographers avoid that time of day. In films and even videogame the visuals look best during golden hour (before sunset) because it can create visually striking and softer looking images.

Last edited:
I don't think ambient occlusion is missing, my best guess is the time of day of that footage is during noon which direct light from the sun is harsher and it can create high contrast images. Most photographer avoid that time of day. In films and even videogame the visuals look best during golden hour (before sunset) because it can create visually striking and softer looking images.
yes thats what Shakengandulf suggested and bringed really good photo to prove it, we just now need to find how willow looks at different time in gt7

Last edited:
I don't think ambient occlusion is missing, my best guess is the time of day of that footage is during noon which direct light from the sun is harsher and it can create high contrast images. Most photographers avoid that time of day. In films and even videogame the visuals look best during golden hour (before sunset) because it can create visually striking and softer looking images.

Ambient occlusion is 100% in the game. You can see it in every video they have released. It's even within the dashboard in the Deep Forest video.

Hello, what cars are the two of which you can see only the front bumper ?
They're the Honda Fit Hybrid '14 and Toyota Aqua S '11.

...Wait, Fit '14 and Aqua? Both are post-2011 models!
Not sure whether if they appear in the Used Cars Dealer in the final version, though.

Like someone else mentioned, i believe its got something to do with real time lighting.
Ive seen some games and real life for that matter get bland at certain times of the day.

Its something i actually expected and it actually looks like 12:00 in that scene.

Definitely looks real, I just hope it's not gonna be another "GT5 sounds are too realistic" fiasco, when general public talks about it.

View attachment 1100036
One thing I noticed, the Integra TYPE R shown in this image could possibly be the 1995 model?
It seems to have white 8-spoke wheels (unlike the post-1998 models, its wheels would always be white even if the body color is neither white nor yellow).

The 1995 model was said that it was waaay aggressive and more dangerous than the later models. I hope it could also be experienced in game.
I'm pretty sure some used cars might have some form of tuning applied to them - like aftermarket wheels.

Last edited:

I mean, the problem isn't the track itself, but the skybox.

I don't see anything wrong with the skybox, its clear blue sky.
Can you elaborate a bit?
Let me reformulate my message because I messed up my intention. That Willow Springs image from GT7 looks strange because the skybox it's not like "over-exposed" as in that other image you showed us; this is a little adjustment I made to that certain image. Not the exact representation of what I'm trying to say, but I hope you get my idea.

1639841167652.png

Let me reformulate my message because I messed up my intention. That Willow Springs image from GT7 looks strange because the skybox it's not like "over-exposed" as in that other image you showed us; this is a little adjustment I made to that certain image. Not the exact representation of what I'm trying to say, but I hope you get my idea.

View attachment 1100163
Something to take note of too is that the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr. 3, Hyundai Genesis Gr. 3 and Mitsubishi Lan EVO Final Edition Gr. 3 have unique alternate liveries on this shot.

Something to take note of too is that the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr. 3, Hyundai Genesis Gr. 3 and Mitsubishi Lan EVO Final Edition Gr. 3 have unique alternate liveries on this shot.
The 4C akin to that of the 155 DTM.

The Genesis akin to that of the TCR liveries.

The Lancer akin to that of the Gr.B version.

The 4C akin to that of the 155 DTM.

The Genesis akin to that of the TCR liveries.

The Lancer akin to that of the Gr.B version.
I sure hope this is a clear sign that most race cars will get extra default liveries on their color selection screens, whether it would be in Arcade Mode or their respective dealerships, something similar to the Project CARS franchise. Like they can add a ton of real-world and Polyphony-designed originals for every certain race car that they could (no more having just one livery on each car). But of course, with the livery editor, we can make our own originals, or replicas of liveries that aren't featured on a specific car yet.

They're the Honda Fit Hybrid '14 and Toyota Aqua S '11.

...Wait, Fit '14 and Aqua? Both are post-2011 models!
Not sure whether if they appear in the Used Cars Dealer in the final version, though.
Thanks, i don' t have considered this two cars because they are 2011 and 2014 models

I'm talking about how I saw the GT7 play video on Youtube on the SDR monitor.
How is HDR related here?

Because
A) The original video could have and probably was taken in HDR and balanced for it.
And
B) If you don't like the balance when you actually play it you can adjust it to your liking.

Because
A) The original video could have and probably was taken in HDR and balanced for it.
And
B) If you don't like the balance when you actually play it you can adjust it to your liking.
SDR monitor can only change exposure and color saturation, at least for GT sport.
Lowering the exposure doesn't solve the problem because it also darkens the sunny place.

This is not mine this is from MotogamesTV

He did a roughly good comparison between PS5 and PS4 quality and it shows a brief second of Alsace.

Gosh,GTSport is still amazing looking.But the GT7 lighting model is kinda impressive,they nailed the brightness of the sun,you can see it on the exit of the tokyo tunnel and Willow Springs,and it's dynamic which is crazy,i was worried the game would have a flatter look since it won't have a fixed time of day.

I’m curious about the multiplayer. Will they do away with the traditional lobbies in favour of matchmaking? That’s the only thing I’m worried about atm.

Back