Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
I haven't been following along much lately. What is the consensus about a potential delay for the launch? Is it set in stone? Delays and AAA titles go hand in hand these days
1640047810924.png

I haven't been following along much lately. What is the consensus about a potential delay for the launch? Is it set in stone? Delays and AAA titles go hand in hand these days
The next FIA season is all set for GT7. That means it has probably at most enough wiggle room to come out in early April just to have enough time to get players online and ranked up, and the online season and any possible live events in.

At this point, it's pretty much certain to be March 4. Whether it's finished or not.

The next FIA season is all set for GT7. That means it has probably at most enough wiggle room to come out in early April just to have enough time to get players online and ranked up, and the online season and any possible live events in.

At this point, it's pretty much certain to be March 4. Whether it's finished or not.
Sounds good.

I sort of agree, I wanna try it. But it also sounds like it should be a cute little additional feature, like the Sierra Time Rally or Coffee Breaks. I can't imagine what they would make that would be well described as "music rally" but would also be appropriate as a major feature in a game like Gran Turismo.

The first thing it makes me think of is Wipeout. Great music, great flowing racing, ambient visuals mixing it all together. I ****ing love Wipeout, but it's a long way from there to Gran Turismo.

They are going to take the Vib Ribbon code and apply it to procedurally generated tracks that rise, drive, and swerve to the sound of whatever song you choose from Spotify.

No mention of multi-class racing but I would be amazed if it is included. It would be a terrific addition.
I agree, it seems very unlikely. I note in the below trailer that the Castrol Supra is racing against Gr.3 cars. In GT Sport, SuperGT/JGTC cars are classed as Gr.2, however I'm assuming that because the Castrol Supra is an old (1997) JGTC car they have put it in Gr.3

Last edited:
GT7 as I See now have a huge appearance on ps website, when you scroll down. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/
“Available 03-04-2022“.
So we can be very sure, it will happen. I think.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the PS5 version was done and they are frantically working to get the PS4 version working at an acceptable level to avoid a Cyberpunk debacle.

Last edited:
Assuming the pamplet is correct about the '300+ 2011 or newer cars' making most of the list, that means cars made before 2011 are only making 1/3 of the list. Not the most balanced imo.

and I think we're running out of pre-2011 cars if the pamplet really is true. I just counted the number of cars made before 2011 listed on the "master car list" Famine made and got 119 cars in total. There's not much room there for more stuff.

Nobody knows. It's just briefly mentioned in this with no expansion on what it is. "Racing to music".

I already do that running Spotify in the background.

Where is my staff position at Polyphony for this revolutionary feature?

Assuming the pamplet is correct about the '300+ 2011 or newer cars' making most of the list, that means cars made before 2011 are only making 1/3 of the list. Not the most balanced imo.

and I think we're running out of pre-2011 cars if the pamplet really is true. I just counted the number of cars made before 2011 listed on the "master car list" Famine made and got 119 cars in total. There's not much room there for more stuff.
That's exactly what I was thinking earlier today. I did the math, and indeed, if there are really more than 300 post 2011 cars and around 420 cars in total, it looks like a very tiny portion of these 40 remaining unknown cars are pre-2011, which is really sad, because there are lots of indispensable pre-2011 selections.

That's exactly what I was thinking earlier today. I did the math, and indeed, if there are really more than 300 post 2011 cars and around 420 cars in total, it looks like a very tiny portion of these 40 remaining unknown cars are pre-2011, which is really sad, because there are lots of indispensable pre-2011 selections.
Compared to what though? There are cars we’ve never had in previous GT games. Some returning and some cars fairly new to market. Someone mentioned we’re seeing more pre-war cars than in any other GT(something like that, I think).

The optimist in me likes to think that 420+ cars is that PD's early estimate number and it will be more like 480+ to 500 at release. but yeah, it's rather said considering how much history is missed out upon focusing on just the modern stuff.
Compared to what though? There are cars we’ve never had in previous GT games. Some returning and some cars fairly new to market. Someone mentioned we’re seeing more pre-war cars than in any other GT(something like that, I think).
Sure, but you don't think at all just having about 2/3 of the entire car list consisting of things made from 2011 or later to be a bit unbalanced? Do you prefer it this way? Because I'm gonna be honest, I would rather have a balanced mix between the two.

The optimist in me likes to think that 420+ cars is that PD's early estimate number and it will be more like 480+ to 500 at release. but yeah, it's rather said considering how much history is missed out upon focusing on just the modern stuff.

Sure, but you don't think at all just having about 2/3 of the entire car list consisting of things made from 2011 or later to be a bit unbalanced? Do you prefer it this way? Because I'm gonna be honest, I would rather have a balanced mix between the two.
I’d have to look at past car lists. I know the early GT games(1-3) had more up to date cars In the list. As for later games(4- Sport), PD mixed in a fair amount of classics.

Now, I’m not concerned either way. There are cars I want that may not come to the game. I‘m a ‘70s baby(I’m happy with the number of cars we’ve seen from my birth year, 1971). So, my preference are 1960-1990(probably 1994, 1995 my cutoff). Anyway, it’s been a problem that there aren’t enough current cars in GT Sport. Many cars in other games that GT sport should have had. Not even super hyper cars. Just basic sports cars.

If this list are to have “missed” cars from 2016-2020, older cars are going to take a hit.

Im all for culling Gr.3 & Gr.4 cars. It’s not going to happen because of FIA Manu. That’s 38 cars right there. Real GT3 championships only have about 11 manufacturers. I’d prefer GT used that model. Again, many players are going to prefer the variety of choices and wouldn’t want to see those choices taken away.

I understand it may not matter what we haven’t seen in pre-2011 cars to come. I get your point. However, I think the balance will be in road cars to race cars(as I mentioned about GT Sport). Not so much year models. Especially with, we suspect, the GT Sport car list to carry over.

Last edited:

While PD does, actually, always (except GT1 and GT3) have more numbers than advertised, probably 480-500 is too much (well I hope that too but yeah, too far perhaps). Probably short below 450 for 420+.

I’d have to look at past car lists. I know the early GT games(1-3) had more up to date cars In the list. As for later games(4- Sport), PD mixed in a fair amount of classics.
Wait, why do you need to look at past lists? I wasn't even thinking about the previous games. You're right that they did add a good amount of classics and we have seen some already for GT7, but those past lists have nothing to do with my point right now. I'm worried about this game's list being varied enough.

Now, I’m not concerned either way. There are cars I want that may not come to the game. I‘m a ‘70s baby(I’m happy with the number of cars we’ve seen from my birth year, 1971). So, my preference are 1960-1990(probably 1994, 1995 my cutoff). Anyway, it’s been a problem that there aren’t enough current cars in GT Sport. Many cars in other games that GT sport should have had. Not even super hyper cars. Just basic sports cars.

If this list are to have “missed” cars from 2016-2020, older cars are going to take a hit.

Im all for culling Gr.3 & Gr.4 cars. It’s not going to happen because of FIA Manu. That’s 38 cars right there. Real GT3 championships only have about 11 manufacturers. I’d prefer GT used that model. Again, many players are going to prefer the variety of choices and wouldn’t want to see those choices taken away.
Understandable to have that opinion, there has been a big lack in modern cars outside of some GT3 cars and sports cars. However, this is honeslty not what I would prefer though. I like to have a good amount of cars from each decade, not have most of the list be from the 2010s.

Players would indeed like a variety of choices, but having most of the list being from the 2010s doesn't sound like it will have that though.

I understand it may not matter what we haven’t seen in pre-2011 cars to come. I get your point. However, I think the balance will be in road cars to race cars(as I mentioned about GT Sport). Not so much year models. Especially with, we suspect, the GT Sport car list to carry over.
You sure you get my point? Because I was talking about how varied the car list will be when it comes to by decade. Not road cars versus race cars.

While PD does, actually, always (except GT1 and GT3) have more numbers than advertised, probably 480-500 is too much (well I hope that too but yeah, too far perhaps). Probably short below 450 for 420+.
It probably is, but as I said; I was being an optimist.

Wait, why do you need to look at past lists? I wasn't even thinking about the previous games. You're right that they did add a good amount of classics and we have seen some already for GT7, but those past lists have nothing to do with my point right now. I'm worried about this game's list being varied enough.

Understandable to have that opinion, there has been a big lack in modern cars outside of some GT3 cars and sports cars. However, this is honeslty not what I would prefer though. I like to have a good amount of cars from each decade, not have most of the list be from the 2010s.

Players would indeed like a variety of choices, but having most of the list being from the 2010s doesn't sound like it will have that though.

You sure you get my point? Because I was talking about how varied the car list will be when it comes to by decade. Not road cars versus race cars.

It probably is, but as I said; I was being an optimist.
Yes, I understand your point. I understand your preference. I understand the pre and post 2011 concern.
I reference the past games, as to how PD have balanced cars in the past and use that moving forward.
Yes, per the pamphlet, it appears the list is unbalanced by years. However, it’s the type of cars in those years.

(Bad math)Out of 420-450 cars, there could be an even amount of cars from 1920-2022. 100 years of cars. Now, how do PD balance( not taking DLC into account) those decades? 40+ per decade? 4 per year? That’d leave 20+ for VGT(there are about 30+ VGTs in GT Sport).
Oh, It’d be cool if PD took on that challenge. Especially with outsourcing… but how do they choose what to balance those years with?

Yes, it’s nothing new that PD have a few models in limbo(one V8 Supercar, Leno’s Tank Car, etc). PD provided so many N300 cars in GTS and the X-Bow beats every one of them(BAC Mono probably has its number).

I think it’s the same way PD painted themselves into a corner with FIA Manu. Providing a race car for each brand, doesn’t leave room for them to even the car list.

420 isn't in the pamphlet. GT planet saw that number in a video showing a scales garage and assumed the garage had every car in it. That's not necessarily the case.

On the Playstation website it says "with over 420 cars" so that is the minimum figure at launch, but they will add all the extra ones they have managed to prepare in the last few months, I am convinced of this.
All numerical GTs have an important amount of cars, GT7 will not be outdone, I don't want to think that we will find at launch only a GT Sport with the characteristics of the old GTs ...

420+ doesn't have to be the number they had when they were putting this info out, it can be the number they are sure to have for launch. Also, if that's not the case, they still wouldn't necessarily add all the new cars they made since 420 statement to the game immediately, those can arrive in the first game update.

Last edited:

This and other articles on the pamphlet are getting it wrong.
Yes but you said they were getting it from the GTP article, but I don't see 420 mentioned in the article here. So I don't know where they've got that from.

GT planet saw that number in a video showing a scales garage and assumed the garage had every car in it.
Hi, person responsible for that part of GTPlanet here. No I didn't.
Other websites have latched onto the 420 from the GT planet article and are reporting it is the official number.
This and other articles on the pamphlet are getting it wrong.
Sure they are, but they aren't getting it from us, because we've never stated or assumed that in any way.

I mean, it's great that you're reading the articles on the front page, but at least read what's actually there and not what isn't:

September 17 - GTP article with Kazunori interview
As for the car list, we can almost certainly include the entire 338-strong list of vehicles from GT Sport in the 420+ cars in GT7. With other cars shown in different trailers, that means about another 50 cars yet to appear.
September 21 - Official website
With over 420 cars available at Brand Central and the Used Car Dealership from day one, Gran Turismo 7 recreates the look and feel of classic motors and bleeding-edge supercars alike in unparalleled detail.
October 26 - GTP article on Collector video
Gran Turismo 7 is set to launch with around 420 cars, up from the 168 of GT Sport‘s launch and around a quarter more than Sport‘s current list.
December 16 - GTP article on PS5 video
The images and menus in the game confirm several of the cars from Gran Turismo Sport will make their way across, while the Scapes menu also suggests that the current car roster sits at 428 vehicles.
December 17 - GTP article on Japan-only booklet
However the text does note that you’ll be able to store up to 1,000 cars in your home garage which, if there’s the 428-strong car list hinted at in the recent Behind the Scenes video, is enough for two of everything. At least to start with…
So no, we haven't said or assumed that the car list is 420 cars, or 428 cars, or any other number. We have always reported the number itself as shown in official GT7 media, but qualified it on every occasion.
420 isn't in the pamphlet.

1640176753083.png

"More than 420 cars reproduced in the highest quality ever"

Awks.

(Bad math)Out of 420-450 cars, there could be an even amount of cars from 1920-2022. 100 years of cars. Now, how do PD balance( not taking DLC into account) those decades? 40+ per decade? 4 per year? That’d leave 20+ for VGT(there are about 30+ VGTs in GT Sport).
Oh, It’d be cool if PD took on that challenge. Especially with outsourcing… but how do they choose what to balance those years with?
Well, I would personally balance it by picking cars by category and coming up with a handful per decade. Well, in this case I would apply that with every decade from the 1950s to the 2010s. There are probably not too many people clamoring for cars made in the 40s or prior, so no need to go as crazy. I would just pick some of the most significant cars from those early decades like the Ford Model T, Bugatti Type 57 SC Atlantic, or Mercedes-Benz SSK and move on.

I don't know what your point is, but if the point was that it can be a big hassle to truly balance the list by decade, then alright.
I think it’s the same way PD painted themselves into a corner with FIA Manu. Providing a race car for each brand, doesn’t leave room for them to even the car list.
That's true, though I think the big mistake on that was doing that when they had to start over again with a smaller car list. Had they waited longer to try going for a race car for each brand, like in this upcoming game, it probably wouldn't look as bad. Especially with how popular GT3 is with sim racing.

Back