Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
Just cancelled my pre-order... gonna buy it cheap once PS5 is available in a year or so.
Where do you live? If you live somewhere like the US with access to Playstation Direct its easy to get one from there. The scalpers have no advantage.

Where do you live? If you live somewhere like the US with access to Playstation Direct its easy to get one from there. The scalpers have no advantage.
I still can't buy a PS5 here in Belgium (central EU), im signed up on multiple shops to get a chance to buy a PS5 by draw but still nothing after 1 year.

I still can't buy a PS5 here in Belgium (central EU), im signed up on multiple shops to get a chance to buy a PS5 by draw but still nothing after 1 year.

I believe Belgium and most of Europe now has access to Playstation Direct. Sign up for Twitter alerts when stock goes live and it's easy to get one from there.

Europe. PS Direct selects which users can buy one, without explaining how they do it... i have every PlayStation there is (except PSP Go), have had a running PS+ subscription for many years and never touched an Xbox controller and they still feel i am not worthy enough to buy one. You can't even apply for one.

Europe. PS Direct selects which users can buy one, without explaining how they do it... i have every PlayStation there is (except PSP Go), have had a running PS+ subscription for many years and never touched an Xbox controller and they still feel i am not worthy enough to buy one. You can't even apply for one.
Direct in the US at least regularly has stock and you enter a queue which gives you a good chance of being able to purchase one.

I believe Belgium and most of Europe now has access to Playstation Direct. Sign up for Twitter alerts when stock goes live and it's easy to get one from there.
Im already signed up but still no chance. They had like 3000 new consoles this December in total here in Belgium and 400k people wanted to buy a PS5 lol. And its not only for PS5, Series X also has the same problem. People are hungry for a current gen console.

I know can Amazon again do see it but wanted to go straight pre-order from Sony (I got very lucky recently and acquired a PS5)

GT7 25th Anniversary, physical disc. I can't find it?

EDIT: Here

Last edited:
As for the 2022 FIA season, I guess Sport Mode will run on the same server for GTS and GT7. Manu choices for GTS, might not show cars available in GT7. Don‘t know how that works as far as certain vehicles required in Nations. Maybe a warning pops up that GT7 is required to access certain cars?

As for the 2022 FIA season, I guess Sport Mode will run on the same server for GTS and GT7. Manu choices for GTS, might not show cars available in GT7. Don‘t know how that works as far as certain vehicles required in Nations. Maybe a warning pops up that GT7 is required to access certain cars?
Maybe it will be Sport only.

Maybe it will be Sport only.
If there is a Nations race that requires the 1969 Boss 429 for a One Make, GTS players wont have access to that car. They need Brand Central to purchase it. That car won’t be in GTS.

For Manu, the cars are loaned. No Brand Central purchase required. It’s possible any new to GT7 cars may be an option for GTS players to choose. I don’t know about that though.

They said Online championship not FIA cup. I'm assuming it's not the Fia championship. Maybe it's a one-make championship or something.
They use the same title here

The older article does reference FIA, which the new one does not, but they both say Continue to enjoy Daily Races and Sport Mode.

What I’m mainly posting for, some are thinking GT7 may be delayed because of this news. I don’t think it will be delayed.

Huh, really? Still not sure if I'd get a PS5 just for GT7, especially when the PS4 and PS5 versions seem identical aside from the PS5's better graphics. Now, if the next Ace Combat is only on PS5, then I might get a PS5.

Last edited:
They use the same title here

The older article does reference FIA, which the new one does not, but they both say Continue to enjoy Daily Races and Sport Mode.

What I’m mainly posting for, some are thinking GT7 may be delayed because of this news. I don’t think it will be delayed.
Exactly, they also don't say the length of the 'Online Championship', and don't give any details about what will be raced. My guess is they plan on doing a special send off with GT Sport, with what will likely be a month long event leading up to the GT7 release that will be announced later. I don't think its a coincidence that the 'championship' starts almost exactly a full month before GT7's release. I don't see any reason to think this might be a possible delay.

Last edited:
Huh, really? Still not sure if I'd get a PS5 just for GT7, especially when the PS4 and PS5 versions seem identical aside from the PS5's better graphics. Now, if the next Ace Combat is only on PS5, then I might get a PS5.
Atleast in Europe you will need to pay with credit card though... no Pay Pal, no online banking, no invoice. The next Ace Combat is atleast a year away, hasn't even been announced yet. I wouldn't be surprised though, if thats also on PS4.

Atleast in Europe you will need to pay with credit card though... no Pay Pal, no online banking, no invoice. The next Ace Combat is atleast a year away, hasn't even been announced yet. I wouldn't be surprised though, if thats also on PS4.

They did announce it they just haven't given it a name yet.

Even though there will only be 16-20 cars, would be cool to see a pit box count per circuit.
View attachment 1101764
PoDi does account for this, actually, but only inside the game's database. The actual value is hidden from players:

U9NoMbs.png

lLR3L9g.png

@Whistle Snap has already proven that the game engine can handle more than 20 cars on a course, but whether or not all of the pit boxes are actually usable is something new to discover.

PoDi does account for this, actually, but only inside the game's database. The actual value is hidden from players:

U9NoMbs.png

lLR3L9g.png

@Whistle Snap has already proven that the game engine can handle more than 20 cars on a course, but whether or not all of the pit boxes are actually usable is something new to discover.

Mmm, 40 car grids... That's the goal for GT8.
Fingers crossed for GT7 they'll be kind and change the EntryMax from 2 to 20 for the dirt courses. Fisherman's Ranch is huge! One day we'll thrash 40 WRXs around it, but until then, at least 12!

I'm itching to see more about which tracks have 24h cycles and weather.
Suffice to say, Tsukuba, Nürburgring, Le Mans have both, confirmed. Bathurst, Willow Springs and Daytona had it in 6, very likely to happen again. Suzuka was one of those tracks that had dynamic time, but only until the earth stopped spinning in the afternoon. That's not a returning feature, is it? We can drive Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Dragon Trail, Sardegna etc in the dark, right? It'll add a huge amount of variety to the game, if so.

Fingers crossed for GT7 they'll be kind and change the EntryMax from 2 to 20 for the dirt courses. Fisherman's Ranch is huge! One day we'll thrash 40 WRXs around it, but until then, at least 12!
Any GT League track held on a rally track has more than 2 cars on the grid. This also applies to Sport Mode races held on them.

Also, Mission 6-8 does have 30 cars on the grid.

Last edited:
Any GT League track held on a rally track has more than 2 cars on the grid. This also applies to Sport Mode races held on them.

Also, Mission 6-8 does have 30 cars on the grid.
True, true. My exasperation is that there are so very few events on dirt in GT League, and they're so short and easy.
Arcade and Custom races on dirt against one slow opponent drive me batty when I know the game could provide more, and there are perfectly good pitlanes left almost completely unused.

I also missed the only Sport mode Fisherman's Ranch race this year, and haven't the time or inclination to organise a lobby of more than two players.

Not sure if this is the right thread but I found a video of a Fulvia 1.6 HF Fanalone from this year where they say that this very car has been scanned, dyno'd and recorded for Gran Turismo.

Dang it, if that is true, I might have to buy GT7 after all...
:drool:

Interesting 👀

Back