Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,125 comments
The marketing people are so weird. I feel like most of us here could probably get more interesting and accurate footage for PR material. The Japanese booklet looks to have a scape pic with RT, finally after countless trailers not showing it enabled in scapes.

FGzZDojaMAAEO8C
I think it's a 3d place, everything looks very "clean" and the trees remind me a lot GT.

Well, I would personally balance it by picking cars by category and coming up with a handful per decade. Well, in this case I would apply that with every decade from the 1950s to the 2010s. There are probably not too many people clamoring for cars made in the 40s or prior, so no need to go as crazy. I would just pick some of the most significant cars from those early decades like the Ford Model T, Bugatti Type 57 SC Atlantic, or Mercedes-Benz SSK and move on.

I don't know what your point is, but if the point was that it can be a big hassle to truly balance the list by decade, then alright.

That's true, though I think the big mistake on that was doing that when they had to start over again with a smaller car list. Had they waited longer to try going for a race car for each brand, like in this upcoming game, it probably wouldn't look as bad. Especially with how popular GT3 is with sim racing.
I‘ve only got this site’s members for reference, but I’m sure there are many people that wish for those earlier cars to be represented.
Not a hassle, but could be frustration felt by some GT fans. The point is, we don’t get many, if any, answers to the why do they do (insert any topic) this way?
Like I said, I understand what you mean. I see it. I try to see how PD do stuff. Lots of things I don’t agree with how they make us play. So, I pick the bits I like and figure out/pretend/imagine how to play the way I want to play.
Kaz doesn’t make the game for us to play how we like. He makes it with his vision of how we should play.

Like I said, I understand what you mean. I see it. I try to see how PD do stuff. Lots of things I don’t agree with how they make us play. So, I pick the bits I like and figure out/pretend/imagine how to play the way I want to play.
Kaz doesn’t make the game for us to play how we like. He makes it with his vision of how we should play.
Yes, I know that already. I've known for years about Kaz's little vision on how he thinks GT should be played versus what we want.
I just felt that I needed to criticize this little idea of his vision, because it's problematic.

The marketing people are so weird. I feel like most of us here could probably get more interesting and accurate footage for PR material. The Japanese booklet looks to have a scape pic with RT, finally after countless trailers not showing it enabled in scapes.

FGzZDojaMAAEO8C
I think it’s gone down the hill after GT6. Maybe as a result of poor sales. Pre-GTS trailer used to be so much better before. Every little detail was great, now they record a random lap of random cars, full of weird choices and various shortcomings that could have been handlel better. For example, GT6 had the awesome trailer that highlighted all improvements. Here they obviously improve physics and we have to count pixels to realize it.

I think it’s gone down the hill after GT6. Maybe as a result of poor sales. Pre-GTS trailer used to be so much better before. Every little detail was great, now they record a random lap of random cars, full of weird choices and various shortcomings that could have been handlel better. For example, GT6 had the awesome trailer that highlighted all improvements. Here they obviously improve physics and we have to count pixels to realize it.
All of their trailers back then are bullshot cinematics with fake audio and aren't representative of the actual game. I prefer these honest in game trailers they've been releasing, despite having some bugs least they actually show the state of the game. I don't think it has to do with sales at all.

Last edited:
All of their trailers back then are bullshot cinematics with fake audio and aren't representative of the actual game. I prefer these honest in game trailers they've been releasing, despite having some bugs least they actually show the state of the game. I don't think it has to do with sales at all.
You’re talking about gameplay videos. I’m talking about trailers. Trailers are supposed to exaggerate to hype people.

Last edited:
You’re talking about gameplay videos. I’m talking about trailers. Trailers are supposed to exaggerate to hype people.
The trailers are mixed of in-game replays and cinematics, hence the bugs and visual flaws. Those past trailers from their older games that they've made look cool no doubt, but they're extremely misleading. It seems works very well because the most viewed GT trailer of all time is not a bullshot pre rendered cutscenes.

The trailers are mixed of in-game replays and cinematics, hence the bugs and visual flaws. Those past trailers from their older games that they've made look cool no doubt, but they're extremely misleading. It seems works very well because the most viewed GT trailer of all time is not a bullshot pre rendered cutscenes.
And which one would that be?

I don’t think it’s misleading at all, if it’s communicated correctly. Look at the trailers mentioned above. They instantly wanna make me start up the game and spend the whole weekend at it. I’m not saying gameplay videos shouldn’t be presented though, they really are a good addition to, say, Playstation’s let’s play streams.

On last Thursday, on this hour, the PS5 Behind the Scenes video came out of nowhere.
On this Thursday, on this hour, some are expecting another GT7 Behind the Scenes video... but there is nothing yet (new) on GT TV.

Maybe last week was an one-off?
This video is named GT5 Trailer, but I don't think it's actually a GT5 trailer. This is a concept movie of the future Gran Turismo using the GT4 engine.
Named "Vision Gran Turismo", before that got reused as a series of virtual concept cars.

This video is named GT5 Trailer, but I don't think it's actually a GT5 trailer. This is a concept movie of the future Gran Turismo using the GT4 engine.
It's not a GT5 trailer, it's a Vision Gran Turismo trailer, between GT4 and GT5, Polyphony experimented with a few ideas for a new GT game, this Vision Gran Turismo trailer was the result of one of those but GT5 ultimately was a seperate entity.

As @tankuroded said, it was later on that the Vision Gran Turismo name became associated with the concept car program we've seen in Gran Turismo since GT6.

Last edited:
On last Thursday, on this hour, the PS5 Behind the Scenes video came out of nowhere.
On this Thursday, on this hour, some are expecting another GT7 Behind the Scenes video... but there is nothing yet (new) on GT TV.

Maybe last week was an one-off?

Named "Vision Gran Turismo", before that got reused as a series of virtual concept cars.
I would think, they hold it up for Next year. Maybe to CES-time a bigger one like the gameplay of Deep Forest.

And which one would that be?

I don’t think it’s misleading at all, if it’s communicated correctly. Look at the trailers mentioned above. They instantly wanna make me start up the game and spend the whole weekend at it. I’m not saying gameplay videos shouldn’t be presented though, they really are a good addition to, say, Playstation’s let’s play streams.
I know exactly what you mean, but once you actually start the game and come to the realization that everything on those trailers are fake, kinda ruins the whole experience.

Yeah, especially the GT5 trailer has a lot of really cool things. It's true that it's a pre-rendered video, so it can be misleading, but it was a great work of art. It's a sad that PD lost this sense.

PD still make artsy fartsy trailers like this

I don't think that's true at all.

Last edited:
I would think, they hold it up for Next year. Maybe to CES-time a bigger one like the gameplay of Deep Forest.
Dont forget, most people will be working over Christmas period in Japan, and we have had "surprises" before on the day, so we might get something late tomorrow (Friday)

Slightly offtopic, but merry Christmas everyone 👍

Last edited:
Holy Crap!!!

It just dawned on me,were only around 2 months out from release.

Dam!!! I hope I haven't put the curse of the black jellybean on this one.😳

Last edited:
Last edited:
Gran Turismo is in DIRE need of some current cars, so I don't really care if the amount of pre-2011 cars is low.
I definitely agree with that, we aren't even freakin' sure if the new Z (and it's Super GT Counterpart) will even be in the game.

Back