Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,126 comments
Even if I did post a list, that's not my job, is it? Game makers are supposed to surprise us with new features and content, innovation. You seem to be angling towards "What could they add, it's all been done" as an excuse for not having anything new.

Kaz said GT7 would be a mixture of the past, present and future of Gran Turismo. I'm merely wanting to see the future, because so far I'm not seeing anything that represents a step over the past and present.

In a driving game incremental improvements are the future. You didn't give an example because you couldn't think of one. Time to crawl out from under that bridge.

In a driving game incremental improvements are the future. You didn't give an example because you couldn't think of one. Time to crawl out from under that bridge.
Is this where we're at now, wanting to see new features and content in a video game is trolling? Get real.

Anyway, fine, if you're so desperate here is a list literally off the top of my head in 5 minutes.

1. The course maker advertised for GT6 but never happened. Drive a course in real life with GPS, then drive an imported version in game.

2. A completely new career mode structure, replacing the "pick from a list of events" format. Race in time limited seasons like real life with events coming around at certain points of the year, no going back. Race a new version of the same event each year, but with an upgraded car more likely to win the following year. Earn sponsorships, drive for racing teams to earn money on a seasonal basis. Eventually get to the top where you're passively earning 30m credits a season, like Lewis Hamilton.

3. A fully fleshed out, new racing management mode. Hire and manage personnel for your race team, hire drivers who go out and race in events and earn you money without you doing anything, so not B-Spec. Completely new. Bring in sponsorship, hire the right drivers, mechanics, designers to keep your team running. Get results or risk running out of money and losing.

4. Create your own car. Select from one of several generic bodys which you can sculpt to a limited degree, then go through a list of thousands of parts to build your own unique car, drivetrain, engine, brakes, the lot.

5. New forms of motorsport. Rallycross, Extreme-E, Indycar, Top fuel drag cars, the list is almost endless.

6. A live in-game coach. You drive laps and a smart AI gives you specific feedback in realtime about your driving, based on telemetry and data from past games, so it knows how it should be driven.

Do you want any more or will that suffice? You're probably going to tell me how unlikely all of those are now but that's not what you asked for. You asked for examples, they are examples. Examples I came up with in 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Is this where we're at now, wanting to see new features and content in a video game is trolling? Get real.

Anyway, fine, if you're so desperate here is a list literally off the top of my head in 5 minutes.

1. The course maker advertised for GT6 but never happened. Drive a course in real life with GPS, then drive an imported version in game.

2. A completely new career mode structure, replacing the "pick from a list of events" format. Race in time limited seasons like real life with events coming around at certain points of the year, no going back. Race a new version of the same event each year, but with an upgraded car more likely to win the following year. Earn sponsorships, drive for racing teams to earn money on a seasonal basis. Eventually get to the top where you're passively earning 30m credits a season, like Lewis Hamilton.

3. A fully fleshed out, new racing management mode. Hire and manage personnel for your race team, hire drivers who go out and race in events and earn you money without you doing anything, so not B-Spec. Completely new. Bring in sponsorship, hire the right drivers, mechanics, designers to keep your team running. Get results or risk running out of money and losing.

4. Create your own car. Select from one of several generic bodys which you can sculpt to a limited degree, then go through a list of thousands of parts to build your own unique car, drivetrain, engine, brakes, the lot.

5. New forms of motorsport. Rallycross, Extreme-E, Indycar, Top fuel drag cars, the list is almost endless.

6. A live in-game coach. You drive laps and a smart AI gives you specific feedback in realtime about your driving, based on telemetry and data from past games, so it knows how it should be driven.

Do you want any more or will that suffice? You're probably going to tell me how unlikely all of those are now but that's not what you asked for. You asked for examples, they are examples. Examples I came up with in 5 minutes.

I would say we have versions of all of that already in GT. None of that is actually completely new any more so than the examples I gave except for sculpting your own car which is a ridiculous idea and one that would be a massive waste of resources. No one wants them to reinvent the wheel anyway. What people want for the future of GT are incremental improvements which make the already fantastic game even better and that's what we are getting.

I would say we have versions of all of that already in GT.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I have no further words. Good day.

sculpting your own car which is a ridiculous idea

Time to crawl out from under that bridge.
Yes. Yes it is.

You've been consistently presenting nonsense as fact across multiple threads for weeks now, and when called on it you just shuffle off to a different, fresh set of nonsense. It seems quite deliberate, and now you're accusing other users of doing it.

That's quite enough now.

Edit: Yeah, trying to troll me with a "so you're saying that" is not the right response.

Last edited:

These are cool features but in what parallel universe do you think PD can implement all these features on top of what they have now? Might as well ask them to make as separate game, PD have like 3-4 years of development cycle and they have to develop GT7 on two different console. I'd say improving the features that they have is good enough for now. Seems like you have an unrealistic expectation or you just want to disappoint yourself for the sake of it?

These are cool features but in what parallel universe do you think PD can implement all these features on top of what they have now? Might as well ask them to make as separate game, PD have like 3-4 years of development cycle and they have to develop GT7 on two different console. I'd say improving the features that they have is good enough for now. Seems like you have an unrealistic expectation or you just want to disappoint yourself for the sake of it?
They weren't realistic ideas, or what I expect, no. The guy just wanted examples claiming I had none, so I randomly thought of some. I won't be conversing with him any further.

I just want to see something new and interesting, and as I say, hopefully we get that in the next couple of months when they ramp up promo. I appreciate PD have had a lot of work but I just can't believe they'd launch a new game with nothing new of note. They always give us something.

Last edited:

Sorry, but that is boring and its not Gran turismo. Its more like TOCA.

Not sure if it was already confirmed but High Speed Ring is now a Japanese track apparently.
Yes it was. One interesting thing to note is that last Monday the official GT page posted images of Trial Mountain with the American flag. If there's some kind of pattern, maybe next Monday we'll see some pictures of Deep Forest, something we haven't seen yet (we've seen only a video featuring a full lap instead), and possibly its location indicated by the flag, which I bet is in Germany.

Last edited:
I'm sure @Samus can answer for himself but nowhere has he stated that these are his expectations or that he thinks all of the above should be implemented. They were just examples of new/innovative stuff as a response to "everything has already been invented.

Maybe one can aim higher than "good enough"?

I know it most likely won't happen, but I wish we could get a dedicated State of Play for GT7, just like it happened with Horizon Forbidden West.
I dunno man I don't see why we won't get a State of Play for GT7 when Sony has held one for pretty much every first party game they've released in the last year or so

I don't know why the racing management mode here have to avoid the existing B-Spec, and not evolving the B-Spec to be turned into full racing management stuff; GT5 hiring only drivers, then evolved like what you said here hiring more than just drivers like mechanics, designers, as well as more fleshed out driver managing.
I would say we have versions of all of that already in GT. None of that is actually completely new any more so than the examples I gave except for sculpting your own car which is a ridiculous idea and one that would be a massive waste of resources. No one wants them to reinvent the wheel anyway. What people want for the future of GT are incremental improvements which make the already fantastic game even better and that's what we are getting.
Incremental improvement on the existing features is minimal but don't hinder bigger ideas/goals/aims (still using the minimal part here to not expect too high).
Sorry, but that is boring and its not Gran turismo. Its more like TOCA.
GT1 and GT2 had no such things that are called Photo Mode.

Horizon Forbidden West has had several podcasts, blog posts, and trailers. Weird.
gt7 got like 2 main big trailers, sepratae gameplay trailer, 5 features trailers, blog post, I realy don't understand what people expects sometimes, its has imo good promo, sometimes too much is also problem (hate towards deathloop on forums because of it)

I don't know why the racing management mode here have to avoid the existing B-Spec, and not evolving the B-Spec to be turned into full racing management stuff; GT5 hiring only drivers, then evolved like what you said here hiring more than just drivers like mechanics, designers, as well as more fleshed out driver managing.
It could, sure. Again, that wasn't a list of fully fleshed out ideas that I've put hours of thought into or anything. It was quick list of ideas that came to mind. Not a serious wishlist or anything.

GT1 and GT2 had no such things that are called Photo Mode.
Exactly. GT has constantly added new features and ideas, even if the core experience had remained mostly the same until GTS.

snc
gt7 got like 2 main big trailers, sepratae gameplay trailer, 5 features trailers, blog post, I realy don't understand what people expects sometimes, its has imo good promo, sometimes too much is also problem (hate towards deathloop on forums because of it)
Because most of those trailers didn't really say or show anything, other than cars and tracks. We're still waiting for that in-depth dive into the game, not just scratching the surface.

Last edited:
They weren't realistic ideas, or what I expect, no. The guy just wanted examples claiming I had none, so I randomly thought of some. I won't be conversing with him any further.

I just want to see something new and interesting, and as I say, hopefully we get that in the next couple of months when they ramp up promo. I appreciate PD have had a lot of work but I just can't believe they'd launch a new game with nothing new of note. They always give us something.
Why would anyone trust or even hope for PD to develop a new interesting feature/game mode anyway? They'll just half arse it and would never reach its full potential. And even if they do, they will get rid of it in their future title for no reason. With PD it's better not to hope or expect beyond our imagination, that's what I learned from them.

That isn't new, that's just improving what we already have. I'm asking for something new. It's surely not much to ask of a new game to have new stuff, not just a return of old stuff.

Other than cars and tracks, which are a given, what have we seen so far that is new to GT7? Mind you even tracks we haven't seen anything new yet, just returning.
New =|= future

S
Maybe Poly could be a modern studio and upload developper diaries?

Eh,i like when a studio is open to talk but i respect the studios that decide to have a quieter approach,like Rockstar,Santa Monica and Naughty Dog does.
Now when it's time for info to come out it has to be as succint as possible and PD is kinda weird with this,like the vague info about dynamic weather,just give us a list of which tracks will get ToD and rain

Back