Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,131 comments
This PSVR2 announcement + specs is a great news ! I really hope it will work with GT7 (maybe not at launch ? this public announcement seems a bit late regarding the release date of GT7). Coincidence, I started my PSVR with GT sport yesterday after 6+ months of not using it, even if the game modes are truncated and the rendering quality is quite low, it's still awesome to play, the feeling of immersion on the tracks, feeling the distances, even in far scenery like hills in the background of kyoto driving park, elevation changes, etc...

PSVR2 specs are quite a boost in quality, just hope the PS5 will have enough power to handle it at best (as VR consumes a lot, 2x displays to render, higher framerate...)

it's safe to assume that at least 150-200 cars most likely will come after launch for GT7
I really don't think so. ~420 is a perfectly reasonable number of cars with plenty of variety, a far cry from the 160 GTS launched with. That game practically needed DLC, GT7 won't. I'm sure we will get more cars but i'd wager the rate is much closer to GT5 and GT6, not GTS.

The vision-s 01 and 02 have a good chance of appearing in GT7 I guess.

Given the current trend, they must quickly find a category where fully electric cars can compete.

Sony vision-s.jpg

The VR2 announcement has me hyped. Kaz is known to be a believer in VR, and in a older interview he stated that the increased power of the PS5 would greatly benefit VR. In the more recent big interview, when questioned about VR, he simply said he can't comment on that at this point. Obviously, VR2 had not been formally announced at that time, so makes sense he doesn't have anything to share.

Now that we have the official announcement, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping/expecting to see/hear some information regarding GT7's VR support. I'm buying the VR2 regardless, but a full VR support for GT7 on PS5 would be a dream come true.

The specs sound good to my ears. Resolution is on par with the Reverb G2, but using OLED screens, not LCD, so image quality should be superb, and the foveated rendering is great and will provide the best resolution/quality where you're actually looking.

Gonna keep my eyes peeled for more news on this!
I have high expectations too and am extremely hyped as well.
I hope that we have the same visual fidelity as the 2D Version of GT7 with the foveated Rendering technology.

I think the fact that GT7 is cross platform also helps because we know it can scale very well to the more demanding VR2 format. I'd be very surprised if a VR update for GT7 doesn't launch with the new headset.

I really don't think so. ~420 is a perfectly reasonable number of cars with plenty of variety, a far cry from the 160 GTS launched with. That game practically needed DLC, GT7 won't. I'm sure we will get more cars but i'd wager the rate is much closer to GT5 and GT6, not GTS.
I also imagine that it depends on what they’re planning for GT8. If they want to release it relatively soon (as a PS5 exclusive?) then they might be holding on to the cars so they have a big list of new vehicles for that game.

Last edited:
Being cross platform hardly helps with anything for ps5 users, let alone in the physics department.
but in terms of vr aspect it can help as would be harder to have full vr support if pd used very demanding nextgen engine etc tough will gt7 be full vr support is yet to be seen

Last edited:
snc
but in terms of vr aspect it can help as would be harder to have full vr support if pd used very demanding nextgen engine etc tough will gt7 be full vr support is yet to be seen
GT7 being cross platform has been one of last year most crushing revelation in the sim racing sphere. I know it has its good side because millions and millions of players will be enjoying it without having to purchase the new console, but the negative aspect of this far overwhelms the positive. I mean the game will still remain totally outdated physics wise, and the so much needed real evolution of this series that the ps5 cpu/gpu at long last allowed, will again not be happening at the very least for another four to five years, nearly close to the end of the console cycle probably.

Being cross platform is so negative to me that not even the vr aspect you talk about, which might be true I don't imply otherwise has any impact on my current view of the game; yes, a game I still haven't played and know nothing about its physics, but when paying attention to all videos already release one can come to the safe conclusion that physics won't differ much from GT Sport, which equals mediocrity in todays standards.

It's been a long while since GT physics got very dated, and now that things could improve to unexpected levels with ps5 capabilities and computing prowess, PD has lost the biggest of their opportunities to really evolve their "sim".

Last edited:
GT7 being cross platform has been one of last year most crushing revelation in the sim racing sphere. I know it has its good side because millions and millions of players will be enjoying it without having to purchase the new console, but the negative aspect of this far overwhelms the positive. I mean the game will still be not that good when it comes to physics, and the so much needed real evolution of this series that the ps5 cpu/gpu at long last would allow, will again not be happening at the very least for another four to five years, nearly close to the end of the console cycle probably.

Being cross platform is so negative to me that not even the vr aspect you talk about, which might be true I don't imply otherwise has any impact on my current view of the game; yes, a game I still haven't played and know nothing about its physics, but when paying attention to all videos already release one can come to the safe conclusion that physics won't differ much from GT Sport, which equals mediocrity in todays standards.

It's been a long while since GT physics got very dated, and now that things could improve to unexpected levels with ps5 capabilities and computing prowess, PD has lost the biggest of their opportunities to really evolve their "sim"
sure most of people here know this but as I said in terms of vr being crossgen can make easier transition to compute heavy vr

It doesn't necessarily have to regardless GT7 looks like s straight GT Sport port. PS5 architecture differs heavily from ps4, and so will the next vr headset.

Imo the experience gained with GT sport VR will matter little with future GT7 VR, as not only the consoles differ that much, but also the APIs are different enough to make you having to start your work from the scratch.

Like I said, GT cross platform positives?, "only" that it will available to everybody = $$$$incoming. The negatives?, everything else, but the much needed physics evolution in particular.

Last edited:
Agreed, they would have to split between providing content for GT7 and GT8.

Reading the comments or the assumptions it seems that this GT7 is a GT Sport with 120 more cars, the same tracks as the Sport plus 4 more taken from the old GTs, the same physics etc...
Leaving aside the dynamic weather and the Tuning part, I don't want to believe that GT7 is just a pumped GT Sport!
I hope they have improved all aspects of the game a bit and have some surprises in store to show us, there is still a lot of time for GT8...

Reading the comments or the assumptions it seems that this GT7 is a GT Sport with 120 more cars, the same tracks as the Sport plus 4 more taken from the old GTs, the same physics etc...
Leaving aside the dynamic weather and the Tuning part, I don't want to believe that GT7 is just a pumped GT Sport!
I hope they have improved all aspects of the game a bit and have some surprises in store to show us, there is still a lot of time for GT8...
Certainly seems that way at the moment.

The vision-s 01 and 02 have a good chance of appearing in GT7 I guess.

Given the current trend, they must quickly find a category where fully electric cars can compete.

View attachment 1103667
I'm giggling at the possibility of a museum section for Sony in GT7 and Gran Turismo being highlighted around 1997,so you can learn about Gran Turismo inside Gran Turismo

Certainly seems that way at the moment.
Yes, they have no notification to do That improvements for GT7, mostly people will buy it because of the brand and are hyped because of the back to roots saying.
Lets Look what the Next years brings and what the direct competitors like Forza Motorsport get in sells.

Last edited:
That's a Logitech G29.

I wonder if he had any FFB lol.
KAZ wrote from anything new he want to do in Future.
That would be the completition of his passion. Bringing cars from console to real life. As the Sony car. What do you think?

Last edited:
Yes, they have no notification to do That improvements for GT7, mostly people will buy it because of the brand and are hyped because of the back to roots saying.
Lets Look what the Next years brings and what the direct competitors like Forza Motorsport get in sells.
Why? Forza is completely irrelevant here. Whether Forza(or any future game) is lacking or not has nothing to do with what PD is able to produce.

Last edited:
Why? Forza is completely irrelevant here. Whether Forza(or any future game) is lacking or not has nothing to do with what PD is able to produce.
If the sells of the competitors would be better than Gran Turismo, they would have to improve massivly for the Next game, simple said.

Last edited:
Of the sells of the competitors would be netter than Gran Turismo, they would have to Improvisation the game, simple said.
Yeah, that would work, For GT8. We're wondering about the present, though. Games don't have to have better sales for competitors to learn from them.

Last edited:
Back