Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,131 comments
If the sells of the competitors would be better than Gran Turismo, they would have to improve massivly for the Next game, simple said.
Fat chance. I don't see anyone getting scared for Gran Turismo over the fact that Forza Horizon 5 had 10 million users in the first week.

Fat chance. I don't see anyone getting scared for Gran Turismo over the fact that Forza Horizon 5 had 10 million users in the first week.

You underestimate how mentally weak some people are for sales figures.

You underestimate how mentally weak some people are for sales figures.
Not at all, I just don't think that the GT fanbois care about sales figures for any game other that GT.

GTS sells 10 million units but most of them were at deep discount years after release? What a success!
FH5 has 10 million users in the first week? Yeah, but it's on Game Pass and PC and X1S/X1S and it's not even a real racing game.
AC sells 12 million copies? Yeah, but it's such an old game and it's on PC and it's so cheap now.

FM8 could sell 20 million physical discs in a day and a half and people would still find excuses as to why it's still not a threat to Gran Turismo.

GTS sells 10 million units but most of them were at deep discount years after release? What a success!
FH5 has 10 million users in the first week? Yeah, but it's on Game Pass and PC and X1S/X1S and it's not even a real racing game.
AC sells 12 million copies? Yeah, but it's such an old game and it's on PC and it's so cheap now.

FM8 could sell 20 million physical discs in a day and a half and people would still find excuses as to why it's still not a threat to Gran Turismo.
Is this also some kind of weird projection? I literally see no one making post about that at all. Not at least on this sub. It seems the things you mentioned are a success for what these devs are trying to achieve. I don't see your point at all, why make things up? Unless you just want to bait people. GT fanboyz bad bcuz reasonz is what I'm getting from your post.

And who cares about being a threat? This kind of things most teenagers worry about. And sony doesn't just care about sales anyway, it's the receptions from reviews and fans.

Not at all, I just don't think that the GT fanbois care about sales figures for any game other that GT.

I think you need help mate, seriously.

Is this also some kind of weird projection? I literally see no one making post about that at all. Not at least on this sub. It seems the things you mentioned are a success for what these devs are trying to achieve. I don't see your point at all, why make things up? Unless you just want to bait people. GT fanboyz bad bcuz reasonz is what I'm getting from your post.

And who cares about being a threat? This kind of things most teenagers worry about. And sony doesn't just care about sales anyway, it's the receptions from reviews and fans.
I'm of the impression they are reffering to this guy's posts:

Yes, they have no notification to do That improvements for GT7, mostly people will buy it because of the brand and are hyped because of the back to roots saying.
Lets Look what the Next years brings and what the direct competitors like Forza Motorsport get in sells.

If the sells of the competitors would be better than Gran Turismo, they would have to improve massivly for the Next game, simple said.
I'm also of the impression that some people really do need a reality check if they are that offended by someone's mere suggestion of changes for their favorite game. They're suggestions...for a game, its not that deep. I have several games I love but still think some improvements would really do wonders and GT is one of them, this coming from someone who's played since the first game.

Last edited:

I'm unable to find the post, but there was someone claiming AC's sales numbers didn't count becuase it's been out for so long. Odd logic, and they aren't the only person with odd logic when it comes to sales figures. It's perhaps not as endemic an issue as @Imari implied in his comment just above, but there are some people with logic like that around.

People on this board have 100% said what @Imari posted. They might be a minority, but they absolutely exist

Here is the AC one. He deleted the reply now but you can see it in what I quoted.

Last edited:
GT7 being cross platform has been one of last year most crushing revelation in the sim racing sphere. I know it has its good side because millions and millions of players will be enjoying it without having to purchase the new console, but the negative aspect of this far overwhelms the positive. I mean the game will still remain totally outdated physics wise, and the so much needed real evolution of this series that the ps5 cpu/gpu at long last allowed, will again not be happening at the very least for another four to five years, nearly close to the end of the console cycle probably.

Being cross platform is so negative to me that not even the vr aspect you talk about, which might be true I don't imply otherwise has any impact on my current view of the game; yes, a game I still haven't played and know nothing about its physics, but when paying attention to all videos already release one can come to the safe conclusion that physics won't differ much from GT Sport, which equals mediocrity in todays standards.

It's been a long while since GT physics got very dated, and now that things could improve to unexpected levels with ps5 capabilities and computing prowess, PD has lost the biggest of their opportunities to really evolve their "sim".
Repeating the mistakes of GT6 again

I'm of the impression they are reffering to this guy's posts:

I'm also of the impression that some people really do need a reality check if they are that offended by someone's mere suggestion of changes for their favorite game. They're suggestions...for a game, its not that deep. I have several games I love but still think some improvements would really do wonders and GT is one of them, this coming from someone who's played since the first game.
A guy posted his own opinion? See no reason to get riled up over it tbh.
I'm unable to find the post, but there was someone claiming AC's sales numbers didn't count becuase it's been out for so long. Odd logic, and they aren't the only person with odd logic when it comes to sales figures. It's perhaps not as endemic an issue as @Imari implied in his comment just above, but there are some people with logic like that around.
I find it ironic that some folks downplaying every aspect of Gran Turismo get mad that GT fans downplay other racing games.
GTplanet is where most die hard stans and passionate fan of the franchise hangout, I don't understand why people are bothered that there are fanboys who are biased when it comes to GT on this site. It's like going to the zoo and acting surprised that there are actual animals living there. There will always be GTfanboys here, learn to cope with it.

According to Fabspeed Motorsport on Instagram, PD borrowed a Murcielago from Supercarsoflondon.co.uk, equipped it with their Fabspeed exhaust to record it's sound for GT7. The post is a video. https://www.instagram.com/fabspeed_motorsport/p/CYUME7kNPsM/?utm_medium=copy_link
View attachment 1103684
The sound it's spot on! Great job by PD here

A guy posted his own opinion? See no reason to get riled up over it tbh.

I find it ironic that some folks downplaying every aspect of Gran Turismo get mad that GT fans downplay other racing games.
GTplanet is where most die hard stans and passionate fan of the franchise hangout, I don't understand why people are bothered that there are fanboys who are biased when it comes to GT on this site. It's like going to the zoo and acting surprised that there are actual animals living there. There will always be GTfanboys here, learn to cope with it.
They are mad just because there aren't enought forza fanboys like themselves to downplay GT games...i guess ignore list it's the best option

Last edited:
Firstly, GTPlanet has catered to more than just Gran Turismo for more than a decade now - getting on for 15 years in fact - and if you're still banging on the "GTPlanet is for GT fans" drum, you are hopelessly, woefully, painfully out of date.

More importantly:

... if you can't talk about your fellow forum users without insulting them, we don't want you here at all.

Edit: Wow. This is not up for debate folks. Weird that anyone would think it is.

Last edited:
They are mad just because there aren't enought forza fanboys like themselves to downplay GT games...i guess ignore list it's the best option
This is the kind of childish, toxic nonsense that this forum doesn't need. Every time you see someone critiquing GT you automatically assume they are a "fanboy" of Forza, every time. Imari rarely posts in Forza forums. Same for me, or most other people you accuse. No, we remain here because, shock horror, we're still fans of the GT series as a whole and have fond memories of the past games in the series. We can also recognise issues with the game and highlight them in an adult manner, and have adult discussions about how the series can improve.

You really need to understand it's fine to critique things you like, it doesn't mean you're secretly a bigger fan of something else and just want to hate on it.

To change the topic a bit.. As i saw, on today new Horizon Forbidden West trailer appeared. Last time, we got a new GT one on same day. So, fingers crossed, we will get another GT7-Find-you-Line, too, on today.

I think the next time we see GT7 it'll have to be something more significant than those minute long Kaz BTS videos.

The holiday hype has passed, everyone has their Christmas games, the next 2-3 weeks are surely the time when they ramp things up and start properly showing off the game. If not a "deep dive" video then at least a video or even website update detailing the key features of the game.

Like the content they did for GTS

Etc

Randomly seen, a confirmation for GT7 launch as stated on 4th. of march contained in a new Playstation Blog post.

First time, an naming of GT7 in this year and since three weeks from official side, without nonsense twitter marketing posts.
I had had my doupts they hold the date;-)

Last edited:
It's like going to the zoo and acting surprised that there are actual animals living there
Funnily, I don't think you meant it in such a way, but this is such a fitting description. :lol:

Or PS4 exclusive. Either way, it definitely paid the price for being PS3 only despite PS3 having a high advantage in audience at the time.
I don't think GT6 being a cross gen game would have changed much really, either. It would have largely been the same game.

Funnily, I don't think you meant it in such a way, but this is such a fitting description. :lol:

I don't think GT6 being a cross gen game would have changed much really, either. It would have largely been the same game.
Cross gen perhaps, but I think if they had aimed for a PS4 release it could have done better being the only GT game on PS4 for a few years.

But ultimately it didn't have a very good structure regardless and they may not have got away with the standard cars in a PS4 title. They shouldn't have in a PS3 one IMO but that's a different debate.

Last edited:
GT6 was to start in 2013 very outdated still.Look at the graphics, the sound, the Design. It would have Had been a blame to bring it on PS4. After GT5 they should have had start develop for PS4 base with completly new Game what they later did. for GT Sport. GT6 was never needed .
The liklihood had they aimed for PS4 form the start is that it wouldn't be exactly the same game as we got at the PS3's death. A GT6 was needed, what we got was sub-par, though improved with updates, still sub-par overall.

It should've been Ps4 exclusive, there is really no reason why PD shouldntve ripped the band aid off and launched GT sport back in 2013
In all seriousness, I doubt it would have been GTS-like way back then. Regardless of the choice of what generation they went with, they could have accomplished that with either generation.

It should've been Ps4 exclusive, there is really no reason why PD shouldntve ripped the band aid off and launched GT sport back in 2013
Same reason why gta 5 launched on PS3,the userbase was too big to ignore and they started working on it when the PS4 wasn't set in stone.But Rockstar knew they needed a PS4 version so they launched it next year,PD should've done the same.

Last edited:
Randomly seen, a confirmation for GT7 launch as stated on 4th. of march contained in a new Playstation Blog post.

First time, an naming of GT7 in this year and since three weeks from official side, without nonsense twitter marketing posts.
I had had my doupts they hold the date;-)
Date is nothing new, but apparently the physical "premium" for that region is a keychain... and that's it.

I think the next time we see GT7 it'll have to be something more significant than those minute long Kaz BTS videos.

The holiday hype has passed, everyone has their Christmas games, the next 2-3 weeks are surely the time when they ramp things up and start properly showing off the game. If not a "deep dive" video then at least a video or even website update detailing the key features of the game.

Like the content they did for GTS

Etc

Not only that, we might even get to see the intro movie for the game as well.

Back