Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,132 comments
As much as I'm still waiting for Daiki Kasho's new music and the full version of that "MOtC" organ remix, I think it's a little early for the opening movie to be released, don'tcha think?

A third major trailer is overdue, though. Think we'll see it next week at the Tokyo Auto Salon.

Alright, I gotta ask. What’s the draw of multi-class racing?
The feeling of different classes of cars racing on one track. Being in the faster class and having to navigate through traffic as well as keeping position and trying to pass or defend a class competitor.

Being in the slower class and watching out for faster cars. The closing speeds in some races are bonkers.

It’s the recreation of some real life race series. That’s the draw.

The feeling of different classes of cars racing on one track.
Also the smug feeling of overtaking lots of different cars or watching the faster car mess up a corner so you keep up with them for a few more corners 😂
Yep. More “multi-class” action and spinning cars, with lots of smoke. Cars jumping, flashes of 20 cars new and old to the franchise. Classic slow pan of any one of the fan favourites. Choir sings as intro fades to black. :lol:
Don't forget the piano player going ham for no reason at all.God,i love gt5's intro

For those who missed it, here's the Southeast Asian pre-order premiums...
1641561301909.png

1641561317804.png
1641561324759.png

EDIT: Source - the stickers and the Trial Mountain puzzle-like stuff seems to be for South Korea only as SIEJ have not mentioned both in the Southeast Asian physical pre-order announcement.

Last edited:
The what-now?

The keyring is the only one I've seen mentioned; where did the coaster set and badly photoshopped sticker pack come from?
Already edited it, but so you'll get notified:

Anyone ever thought that some cars' default visual ride heights in GTS are too high or too low?
I've looked up all the cars in GTS and I've made a wishlist which contains the cars which need their ride heights to be fixed.

Seems like the 86 GT '15 got its height fixed in GT7, according to a trailer (that's the main reason why I wrote this here), so I hope the other cars in this list gets fixed, too.

If you want to reproduce those cars' genuine ride height in GTS, I hope this can help you. (Some are impossible in GTS, though)
FIgAvFiaUAISFW0

Reference Shots (look at those tires and fenders!)
GTS Default (too low):
ELvNsWWUUAI3Sdl

GTS Fixed Height:
ELvNtQyUYAAel14

GT7:
E_ER66UUcAARG4q

Last edited:
What ever happen to the Musterbrand merch? Any why was there no Puma merch for GTS? Licensed merch would be ideal prizes to encourage smaller, independent tournaments.

Anyone ever thought that some cars' default visual ride heights in GTS are too high or too low?
I've looked up all the cars in GTS and I've made a wishlist which contains the cars which need their ride heights to be fixed.

Seems like the 86 GT '15 got its height fixed in GT7, according to a trailer (that's the main reason why I wrote this here), so I hope the other cars in this list gets fixed, too.

If you want to reproduce those cars' genuine ride height in GTS, I hope this can help you. (Some are impossible in GTS, though)
FIgAvFiaUAISFW0

GTS Default (too low):
ELvNsWWUUAI3Sdl

GTS Fixed Height:
ELvNtQyUYAAel14

GT7:
E_ER66UUcAARG4q

Thank you for this!!!!

Last edited:
PoDi does account for this, actually, but only inside the game's database. The actual value is hidden from players:

U9NoMbs.png

lLR3L9g.png

@Whistle Snap has already proven that the game engine can handle more than 20 cars on a course, but whether or not all of the pit boxes are actually usable is something new to discover.

Looks like there's only 25 visible pit slots. I'm not sure how it plays out in a race, but with 38 the AI cars will vanish when forced to pit.

033jxa.jpg

18yklp.jpg

FIgAvFiaUAISFW0

GTS Default (too low):
ELvNsWWUUAI3Sdl

GTS Fixed Height:
ELvNtQyUYAAel14

GT7:
E_ER66UUcAARG4q
Ride heights will vary based on location too.

You don't mean the difference between on road tracks and dirt tracks?
No, cars sold in different countries may require different suspension which can include different ride height. Manufacturers will alter it depending on graphical location, etc.

No, cars sold in different countries may require different suspension which can include different ride height. Manufacturers will alter it depending on graphical location, etc.
I see.
Of course I researched the photos of those cars for their original locations as references.

Still no news about the Michelin partnership? Is it still a thing?

porsche he mentions it here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/Porsche/community

Reading the comments or the assumptions it seems that this GT7 is a GT Sport with 120 more cars, the same tracks as the Sport plus 4 more taken from the old GTs, the same physics etc...
Leaving aside the dynamic weather and the Tuning part, I don't want to believe that GT7 is just a pumped GT Sport!
I hope they have improved all aspects of the game a bit and have some surprises in store to show us, there is still a lot of time for GT8...
Well -- in the same way GT4 was a pumped up GT3... I expect a content buff and slight graphical enhancement, and little else. Hopefully the GT Mode is properly fleshed out also.

I kinda doubt they've meaningfully changed the physics, I think we would have heard something by now. And besides, I think it would be hard to add much more realism to the model without it significantly affecting controller players. Unless they bifurcated the model somehow so that wheel users actually get a fundamentally different model.

Also -- it's quite intensive hardware-wise, I don't think the PS4 would be able to cope with a more sophisticated model.

I think it would be hard to add much more realism to the model without it significantly affecting controller players
There's already plenty of built-in assistance for controller users - just keep that.

I don't see why the game should be any more difficult because it becomes more realistic. If anything, driving fast IRL is easier for me than in GTS.

You wait until you see the wild differences in the rest of the suspension settings, from spring rates through to toe. They are all over the place, and a quick look at how the AI cars behave under full braking reveals why: it's a fudge to gloss over the weakness of the suspension model.
The deal was signed two years ago, and since then Michelin's name has been all over the game and the FIA Online Championship.

What news are you expecting, exactly?

The deal was signed two years ago, and since then Michelin's name has been all over the game and the FIA Online Championship.

What news are you expecting, exactly?
Probably anything related to a change of ingame tyre behaviour, since they were (in theory) collecting data for 2 years that they could now use to improve the tyre model for GT7. If this wasn't just a PR deal that is.

Last edited:
Back