Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,131 comments
For real?

The last time they were quiet we got the complete dumpster fire that was the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition...that wasn't even 2 months ago
That's not what i'm talking about,Rockstar's last 2 big releases(gta 5 and red dead 2)
had articles,trailers and gameplay videos before release,but that kind of dev diary the Forza team does isnt Rockstar's MO,same with some other teams,it might have to do with the age of these studios,the three i mentioned were already big in the 2000s,Naughty Dog and PD are even older,Team 10 is also a seasoned studio but they changed their approach with the times.

Last edited:
Probably we will see more of the game at Tokyo auto salon 2022, gran turismo is a partner.

It'd make a lot of sense to potentially have new material there, considering the release is coming up fast. I, for one, find it exciting and hard to believe we're a mere two months away. Hopefully the promo material will get ramped up and we'll get a lot of new info real soon.

I also interpret the "future" part of Kaz's statement as mostly applying to the VGT program, especially as new automakers seeming to join out of the blue, like Genesis. I also see the "future" part as GT being the stage for the debut of new models, like the GR Supra, GR Yaris, and GR 86. I'm hoping we'll see the debuts of other models from other automakers in a very similar way - not just Toyota models, and not just specifically Toyota models with the GR label. Perhaps now that Mazda is a partner as well, maybe a new RX successor could potentially debut in GT the same way the GR Supra did. Indeed, I had heard Mazda was working on one, and I don't necessarily mean the beautiful RX-Vision from 2015, either.

Personally, I think something I want to see is more championships. I did recall that in GT Sport, there was a Porsche championship, albeit limited to some regions. Perhaps we could get one for Mazda, too. Who knows, maybe more automakers will also become official partners with GT - and the GTCs, even if GT7's iteration of the GTCs don't get the FIA's endorsement.

Last edited:
Because most of those trailers didn't really say or show anything, other than cars and tracks. We're still waiting for that in-depth dive into the game, not just scratching the surface.
imo trailers showed almost all, we get gt sport with slight visual upgrade and some new content and back of old singleplayer campaign

Is this where we're at now, wanting to see new features and content in a video game is trolling? Get real.

Anyway, fine, if you're so desperate here is a list literally off the top of my head in 5 minutes.

1. The course maker advertised for GT6 but never happened. Drive a course in real life with GPS, then drive an imported version in game.

2. A completely new career mode structure, replacing the "pick from a list of events" format. Race in time limited seasons like real life with events coming around at certain points of the year, no going back. Race a new version of the same event each year, but with an upgraded car more likely to win the following year. Earn sponsorships, drive for racing teams to earn money on a seasonal basis. Eventually get to the top where you're passively earning 30m credits a season, like Lewis Hamilton.

3. A fully fleshed out, new racing management mode. Hire and manage personnel for your race team, hire drivers who go out and race in events and earn you money without you doing anything, so not B-Spec. Completely new. Bring in sponsorship, hire the right drivers, mechanics, designers to keep your team running. Get results or risk running out of money and losing.

4. Create your own car. Select from one of several generic bodys which you can sculpt to a limited degree, then go through a list of thousands of parts to build your own unique car, drivetrain, engine, brakes, the lot.

5. New forms of motorsport. Rallycross, Extreme-E, Indycar, Top fuel drag cars, the list is almost endless.

6. A live in-game coach. You drive laps and a smart AI gives you specific feedback in realtime about your driving, based on telemetry and data from past games, so it knows how it should be driven.

Do you want any more or will that suffice? You're probably going to tell me how unlikely all of those are now but that's not what you asked for. You asked for examples, they are examples. Examples I came up with in 5 minutes.
I think you're forgetting MUSIC RALLY

Can anyone tell me the size of the game before it's downloaded / released?
No one knows yet, though there’s a few accounts over on Twitter that are able to get download sizes for games a few weeks before release. Give it a few more weeks and we’ll probably find out through there (or if the PS Store listings are updated to show the required space). I’m expecting it to be at least 75GB, though

2 Months to "Find Your Line."
8503389901683721236_0.jpg

Last edited:
Why would anyone trust or even hope for PD to develop a new interesting feature/game mode anyway? They'll just half arse it and would never reach its full potential. And even if they do, they will get rid of it in their future title for no reason. With PD it's better not to hope or expect beyond our imagination, that's what I learned from them.
They introduced scapes, livery editor, sport mode etc. I don't think you could say they were "half arsed"

I would love to have multi-class racing and more cars on the track in general. I still keep going to back to that interview where Kaz said he wants to do something different not just gran turismo.

Anyone forgotten, there is CES these days? As i read, Playstation will be part of Sony presentation, and if you look at last year, there might could be a slide, which shows the planned release table for this year. I hope, when that will happen again, GT7 will be listet as announced ;-)

Anyone forgotten, there is CES these days? As i read, Playstation will be part of Sony presentation, and if you look at last year, there might could be a slide, which shows the planned release table for this year. I hope, when that will happen again, GT7 will be listet as announced ;-)
Could someone translate, please?

Last edited:
We have been there for almost ten years. If you don’t sugar-coat criticism, then you are just on a mission to ruin someone’s fragile day.
Likewise when you comment on something outright ridiculous someone says, and they get upset at everyone else for not seeing it their way. It definitely makes things lively, to say the least.

Last edited:
They're almost certainly talking about PSVR2 when they refer to the future of gaming.
Since CES is for electronics (i.e. hardware) and not for games itself, that seems the obvious option, yes. Combine that with the leaks of production starting and a release later this year, I agree that that is the most likely topic

Since CES is for electronics (i.e. hardware) and not for games itself, that seems the obvious option, yes. Combine that with the leaks of production starting and a release later this year, I agree that that is the most likely topic
This is entirely true - unless Sony decides to show off new footage of GT7 as some sort of demonstrator for their hardware, whether it's a new Sony TV or the PS5.

PlayStation VR2 Specifications​

Display methodOLED
Panel resolution2000 x 2040 per eye
Panel refresh rate90Hz, 120Hz
Lens separationAdjustable
Field of ViewApprox. 110 degrees
SensorsMotion Sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)
Attachment Sensor: IR Proximity sensor
Cameras4 cameras for headset and controller trackingIR camera for eye tracking per eye
FeedbackVibration on headset
Communication with PS5USB Type-C®
AudioInput: Built-in microphone Output: Stereo headphone jack

PlayStation VR2 Sense Controllers Specifications​

Buttons

PS button, Options button, Action buttons (Circle / Cross), R1 button, R2 button, Right Stick / R3 button​

PS button, Create button, Action buttons (Triangle / Square), L1 button, L2 button, Left Stick / L3 button​

I hope we get a full GT7 experience on VR2. A full F1 2022 would also be great.

Although I don't play all the time in VR on PC (every Sunday if I get the chance) My Quest 2 in my Playseat playing Assetto Corsa is the biggest game changing experience I've had since the 90's.

Last edited:
I was truly hoping that GT7 would have a car count similar to GT4. Don't get me wrong I'm all for quality over quantity but that diversity and car collection factor for me felt really special back then.

Collecting all the special editions of a certain model or seeing the small changes between a 98YM and 99YM was awesome. Like card collection but much better.

GTS launched with 168 cars and after 4 years we're up to 338 now. So a count of 420 in GT7 isn't bad at all I guess, cars models must take 10 times longer to build than they did in 2004. And I assume PD will continue to add to it for years to come. Patience required.

I was truly hoping that GT7 would have a car count similar to GT4. Don't get me wrong I'm all for quality over quantity but that diversity and car collection factor for me felt really special back then.

Collecting all the special editions of a certain model or seeing the small changes between a 98YM and 99YM was awesome. Like card collection but much better.

GTS launched with 168 cars and after 4 years we're up to 338 now. So a count of 420 in GT7 isn't bad at all I guess, cars models must take 10 times longer to build than they did in 2004. And I assume PD will continue to add to it for years to come. Patience required.
Well, since they got 170 cars from 2018 to 2020 with updates on GT Sport, it's safe to assume that at least 150-200 cars most likely will come after launch for GT7, could be less of course, but could be even more since they are outsourcing more and more... 600-650 cars is a fair prediction for the final gt7 car count by when GT8 get revealed, if it get such it will be pretty close to the 720 cars number on GT4.

Take also into account that GT7 will likely have less duplicates and variation of same models while GT4 had at least 100-150 carbon copy duplicates or just variants of the same cars (especially with the 20 miata's and 20 skyline's typical GT formula that the sequel GT5 henrited), it's true that GT7 have a bunch of vision and gr cars that still kills a bit the variety but I think GT7 final post launch car count will not be too far from GT4, if we get lucky even very close to it.

Last edited:
The VR2 announcement has me hyped. Kaz is known to be a believer in VR, and in a older interview he stated that the increased power of the PS5 would greatly benefit VR. In the more recent big interview, when questioned about VR, he simply said he can't comment on that at this point. Obviously, VR2 had not been formally announced at that time, so makes sense he doesn't have anything to share.

Now that we have the official announcement, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping/expecting to see/hear some information regarding GT7's VR support. I'm buying the VR2 regardless, but a full VR support for GT7 on PS5 would be a dream come true.

The specs sound good to my ears. Resolution is on par with the Reverb G2, but using OLED screens, not LCD, so image quality should be superb, and the foveated rendering is great and will provide the best resolution/quality where you're actually looking.

Gonna keep my eyes peeled for more news on this!

Back