Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,376 comments
I'm perfectly willing to play within a game economy that tells me I should think about which cars I want, and that nudges me towards exploring (and even enjoying) cars that I usually wouldn't touch, even if it means I may not even get to try all the cars on offer. I did some racing with the '78 Trans Am today and that was loads of fun. Must admit I wouldn't have touched the car (or at least not anytime soon) if I had enough money to buy the faster Ferraris.

I also don't fully mind game design that is fully towards encouraging me to collect as much stuff as possible (you even get one of the Character Heads popping up on your 100th car to tell you you're doing well and to keep collecting more, like one praises a dog for not crapping on the carpet for once), even though I think this is the lazier approach.

Both in the same game at the same time, however, is a bit irritating. Mixed signals all the time. And neither approach is currently well-done at all.

Last edited:
If i may...I'll do a first 20 day comparison of GTS and GT 7...
Probably not the right thread but here we go...

First 20 days of GT 7 i have 18+ million ...
First 20 days of GTS i had maybe 1-5 million ,can't remember but no where near 18, i think my first 20 took 2-3 months...

First 20 days of GT 7 i have 137 cars,12 dupes, so 125 cars...
First 20 days of GTS i had no where near 125 cars...

First 20 days of GT 7 i have 3 high speed money makers,600-800k an hour...
First 20 days of GTS i did not have any thing close to these choices...

The cars feel incredible in GT 7...
Not so good in early GTS...

It's a game...
It will get better...
Have fun...
The best things in life take time...

A 900+ HP Corvette at Trial Mountain Cup is absolutely insane fun at 3:40 in both directions...

Putin could start Nuclear **** tomorrow, make the best of what you have for now...

Edit: Just looked ...40 million credits after 20 days...
GTS, no way i had any near that amount after 20 days...
:cheers:
But dude, you had to play to get those 40 million credits. I want to have them without playing. Why is that so hard to understand 🤣

When more liveries provided by color selection?

Motul Autech is now written in the color section.
Yes sometimes the livery is slightly different. In gt7 the amg has 2 liveries. I don’t remember that blue livery from gts.

Anyway, after finishing the cafe one of my main gripes (others would be skewed economy and always online) has been mitigated. I now have access to events that are fun to repeat and that pay decently. Still missing formula, gr2 and gr1 events, but at least I don’t have to do custom races for gr3 that don’t pay ****.

Last edited:
Anyone else not able to see their "my page" on gran turismo website? It never loads for me.
I can't see mine today, or the community showcase. It normally works fine so looks like there's a problem somewhere

If i may...I'll do a first 20 day comparison of GTS and GT 7...
Probably not the right thread but here we go...

First 20 days of GT 7 i have 18+ million ...
First 20 days of GTS i had maybe 1-5 million ,can't remember but no where near 18, i think my first 20 took 2-3 months...

First 20 days of GT 7 i have 137 cars,12 dupes, so 125 cars...
First 20 days of GTS i had no where near 125 cars...

First 20 days of GT 7 i have 3 high speed money makers,600-800k an hour...
First 20 days of GTS i did not have any thing close to these choices...

The cars feel incredible in GT 7...
Not so good in early GTS...

It's a game...
It will get better...
Have fun...
The best things in life take time...

A 900+ HP Corvette at Trial Mountain Cup is absolutely insane fun at 3:40 in both directions...

Putin could start Nuclear **** tomorrow, make the best of what you have for now...

Edit: Just looked ...40 million credits after 20 days...
GTS, no way i had any near that amount after 20 days...
:cheers:
Great post. I feel awful about the way "fans" are treating this game. They did an amazing job and yet it is being negged everywhere you look. If Kaz is forced to fall on his sword over a one day outage and credit balancing issues it will be a sad day for gaming. As far as MTCs I doubt PD would have put them in the game without outside pressure from trends in the gaming industry. Money Is easier to make in GT7 and the menus were extremely generous giving you lots of rewards for a third place finish.

Last edited:
It’s getting pretty bad for Sony on the pr front. Multiple million+ Sub YouTube channels are reporting the sad state of GT7, major media outlets too and the Metacritic user score is currently 1.6 and dropping. There is no doubt they’re worried about this. Don’t for one second believe this doesn’t matter to them, they literally have departments dedicated to dealing with things like this and it will fall on Kaz/PD and Herman Hulst to get things right. They can’t be having all this bad pr when MS are buying major publishers left and right and have Game Pass. Especially with Forza 8 coming this year! Yes, Sony is by far the market leader right now but you’d be surprised how quickly that can change with bad pr. Just look at the Xbox One launch.

I have no idea how it will go but they need to do something major to get players back on board and I really think the only way to do that is a major content update with many new events (which are very easy and quick to put together, they could literally port over GT League events from Sport… not sure why they didn’t do that in the first place) and making the game economy miles better. Also reducing the price of MTXs to something more in line with GT Sport.

Last edited:
But that doesn't make it a race for that type of car.
What is the point of running a race with a gr1 against 120hp cars or American muscle cars?
What is the point of racing with a kei car against minis?
In addition to these... there are not enough cars of some type in the game yet to make up a varied race if they were to have a specific race for them. For example, there are 3 kei cars in the game (Beat, Copen, S660), all from different eras with obviously different performance levels. There are 2 GT500 cars from the late 90s, that are shoehorned into Gr.3, when with a couple more options of the era and liveries they could make a full field event/class of their own.
PD could have such a vast range of specific events and classifications, but they don't have the variety of cars within certain levels to compete against each other to make it viable yet.

But that doesn't make it a race for that type of car.
What is the point of running a race with a gr1 against 120hp cars or American muscle cars?
What is the point of racing with a kei car against minis?
I get that and I wish we had those events too. In the meantime we can do custom races. Sure credits are garbage but if what you want is a good race on those cars you can do it.

Speaking of events I just beat the last one, Gr B at Willow Springs. It turns out I had completely ruined my setup. A few adjustments and I was no longer losing all grip and sliding into the dirt at every turn. More events will come. I expect the April update to be a doozy.

Sitting here waiting not-patiently for the CLK GTR! :D

Don't quite have enough credits for it yet (I think I am at like 7.2 mil) but seeing it in Legendary would definitely help motivate me!

Back