Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,383 comments
I'm perfectly willing to play within a game economy that tells me I should think about which cars I want, and that nudges me towards exploring (and even enjoying) cars that I usually wouldn't touch, even if it means I may not even get to try all the cars on offer.
I don’t understand how the economy has any influence on which cars anyone would want.

I'm surprised at how quiet PD and Kaz have been since the outage. Nothing has been put on their socials since the 17th, do we even know if there's going to be an update tomorrow following the weekly pattern?
I’m not. They are likely waiting out the storm until they have some proper news. Anything inessential they could post now would just get drowned in angry comments.

I’m not. They are likely waiting out the storm until they have some proper news. Anything inessential they could post now would just get drowned in angry comments.
Plus they have a track record, several years long, of being silent. It's what the community loves about them the most.

I'm still blown away they just stopped all social media after that fiasco. Maybe they're regrouping? Hopefully they're learning from BF042?

This timeframe would do wonders for their engagement...

Im watching the Forza Horizon 5 Lets Go Series 6 and the guy named Chris (Principle Car Content Designer at Playground Games) was asked what he was playing lately and he answered GT7. Its just nice to hear people working on different platforms enjoying games from there main competitor and just telling it on there live stream.
Nothing new, though. I see the head of Xbox himself, Phil Spencer, congratulate Sony on numerous occasions on Twitter.

After seeing GT7 remained on top of the UK boxed charts, ahead of Elden Ring, after this whole mess happened (remember downtime was from Thursday morning to Friday noon in my country and US East Coast, so tracking was nowhere near finished yet), I literally rofl. 🤣

Internet communities are nowhere nearly as important as they think they are. Sony's silence means one thing, and one thing only: they're grinning from ear to ear with this game's sales performance and don't give a **** about us.
The hardcore community like GTP are what keeps a franchise keep going. Casuals might buy the game then sell it on if they get bored of it. Sony and PD will have all the metrics and see in a month or 2 what the player base really is. If they keep GT7 the way it is then it’ll be a massive decline and a dead franchise. EA have already promised to learn lessons from Battlefield 2042 and that sold like hot cakes in the first couple of weeks.

The hardcore community like GTP are what keeps a franchise keep going. Casuals might buy the game then sell it on if they get bored of it. Sony and PD will have all the metrics and see in a month or 2 what the player base really is. If they keep GT7 the way it is then it’ll be a massive decline and a dead franchise. EA have already promised to learn lessons from Battlefield 2042 and that sold like hot cakes in the first couple of weeks.
Lol

Did you forget the sarcasm warning at end?

Pretty simple. Scale every event so it makes a million credits an hour. Circuit experience for an hour? A million credits, Champinship? A million, half an hour of each? A million. Daily races? Well they’re a joke at the moment. Tidgney did 22 Race C’s in a row for 12 hours and made 500k. Can’t even buy one GR3 car with tyres for that. Even before the latest patch there shouldn’t be just one or two events that earn any money; the whole point of the ‘find your line’ bumf is you can do whatever you want.

Screenshot_20220324-204940.jpg
dunno if has been mentioned yet, but the release date trailer had 3 pictures in the GT café that look awfully similar to the pictures you get after completing a collection. Was it done for the trailer only? Or maybe these cars were part of collections pre release?

Im watching the Forza Horizon 5 Lets Go Series 6 and the guy named Chris (Principle Car Content Designer at Playground Games) was asked what he was playing lately and he answered GT7. Its just nice to hear people working on different platforms enjoying games from there main competitor and just telling it on there live stream.
Yeah I noticed it as well. In previous streams they mentioned many popular current games like Elden Ring, Valhalla and Psychonauts 2 but never any competing racing game. Let aside a PlayStation exclusive title.

I really applaud Chris for mentioning on the FH5 stream that he played a lot of GT7 the past weeks (being the car geek that he is I just knew he was playing it anyway 😆) and I also applaud PG for allowing him to say it. /respect!

Last edited:
View attachment 1128386dunno if has been mentioned yet, but the release date trailer had 3 pictures in the GT café that look awfully similar to the pictures you get after completing a collection. Was it done for the trailer only? Or maybe these cars were part of collections pre release?
That middle one basically is one of the menus. We had the menu for the R32, R33 and R34, and in the video accompanying completing the menu the 1970 GT-R was shown too. (*Edit just checked and that menu was R33, R34, R35 and showing the 1970 model).
I guess the other 2 could be, but even in the supposedly missing menus to take the number to 50, I'm not sure they'd throw VGT and classic race cars at you.

Last edited:
UK is hardcore. You guys know your motorsports. As a Canadian, I'm envious. F1 is a button on a keyboard here. :lol:

I now know why I confuse people often when I talk about "F1" who are not motorsport fans... though this has changed a lot after Netflix put out "Drive to Survive"

Your comment had me rolling..

Gran Turismo 7 Is Still Number 1 In Sales Charts Despite Controversy

Interesting note here, though.
As of the week ending March 19th, 2022, GT7 is number one, Elden Ring moves from number three to number two, and WWE 2K22 drops from second place into third.
The game went down for maintenance March 17th & came back up March 18th with the bulk of controversy immediately starting then. Need to have the numbers reported for this week to really know if sales were affected.

I don’t understand how the economy has any influence on which cars anyone would want.
Does the price of the cars (e.g. in the used car lot) not kind of nudge you towards buying and trying cars because they've got the right power/look for now without costing a fortune? I know it does for me.

But yes, I don't have any interest in cars at all and hence don't know much about them. If the game throws two cars at me that look cool, one that I know but that is priced at [first you need to play joylessly for 20 hours to afford this] and the other unknown to me but priced at [drive that one race you like anyway five times and presto], then hey, I'm trying out something I wouldn't have otherwise.

I can only speak for myself here, but having played many GT games in the past, certain cars I've wanted turned out to be turds after getting them, and I ended up growing to like tuning cheapo ones to maximum spec with as little money as possible, so that I'd have time to figure out what kinda car I'd actually want to buy soon.

Last edited:
Does the price of the cars (e.g. in the used car lot) not kind of nudge you towards buying and trying cars because they've got the right power/look for now without costing a fortune? I know it does for me.
Not really. I buy the cars I want regardless of some legendary cars currently being out of reach.
But yes, I don't have any interest in cars at all and hence don't know much about them. If the game throws two cars at me that look cool, one that I know but that is priced at [first you need to play joylessly for 20 hours to afford this] and the other unknown to me but priced at [drive that one race you like anyway five times and presto], then hey, I'm trying out something I wouldn't have otherwise.
Cool. Anyway, maybe I see things differently because I’m very much familiar with every car currently in the game.

Last edited:
Back