Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,383 comments
What circuit? I did a race at Spa and the car, yes, can get loose, but it I didn’t find it snappy like the high BHP cars.

Hey, save that Cr. when you can. Ribs is touchin‘. Take those freebies when you can. ;)
Alcase! Did you try stock tires and racing suspension combo?

They did an amazing job and yet it is being negged everywhere you look.
Citation absolutely needed on 'doing a good job'

If Kaz is forced to fall on his sword over a one day outage and credit balancing issues it will be a sad day for gaming. As far as MTCs I doubt PD would have put them in the game without outside pressure from trends in the gaming industry.
...yet Polyphony put microtransactions in three straight games, and in the case of GT Sport, actively lied to the playerbase saying that they wouldn't be in the game, before throwing up the middle finger and adding them in anyway at a point in the game's life where most outlets stopped giving a ****.

Money Is easier to make in GT7 and the menus were extremely generous giving you lots of rewards for a third place finish.
And when you're in the end game, AKA where you'll end up when you're done with the pathetic amount of menus...?

Problem with custom races is that they don't bring a sense of accomplishment or a feel of progress for the career.
This raises a good point.

Kaz's "value and rarity" statement, like EA's infamous "pride and accomplishment" comment on reddit, both misunderstand something about people. For many players, a sense of achievement comes not from owning more content, or unlocking more stuff. It comes from completing actual challenges.

Sure, it can be satisfying to buy a car you've been saving up for, but the primary satisfaction I got from games like GT4 was from completing events. Everyone who completed Mission 34 remembers the relief they felt upon seeing the results screen. For me, the R89C prize car was just a bonus, not the main reward.

I'm sure that's a big reason why many are disappointed with GT7. There's plenty of cars to eventually buy, but not much to "accomplish." Custom races wouldn't really fill the void, as their difficulty is sort of up to the player and how they set it up.

Thanks for expanding on my initial small comment, I completely agree.

There is zero pride in grinding the same ****** Rally race 600 times to get the 917, but golding 600 differents races toward a career progress to get access to something rare would be nice.

Grind is okay as long it's enticing, farming the same oval for 100hours with an overpowered car is trash.

Last edited:
I'll still think the main (out spoken) tought is great from PD, they dont want players to grind the same race over and over again.
So the prices being simulair time/money ratio is great, still i do like to work for something and then get something exclusive...
The time/ratio is a "bit" to low.

I do prefer something hard but to do! for something really special may takes hours or days for me, but it needs an really exclusive part or car or something.

How that improves earns from MTXs?

What would that fix exactly?:odd:
A 20% log in bonus each day for 5 consecutive days would mean the payout for all races would be increased 100%. Doing the 5 race WTC championship would give you 900k credits with the clean race bonus, plus double whatever winning the championship paid out (I've forgotten) Over 1 mil credits is not bad at all. Plus of course the grindy races like GR4 High Speed Ring would be as profitable as before the update.

This would minimize the need for MTX, and probably for most folks on GTP to even contemplate them.

After seeing GT7 remained on top of the UK boxed charts, ahead of Elden Ring, after this whole mess happened (remember downtime was from Thursday morning to Friday noon in my country and US East Coast, so tracking was nowhere near finished yet), I literally rofl. 🤣

Internet communities are nowhere nearly as important as they think they are. Sony's silence means one thing, and one thing only: they're grinning from ear to ear with this game's sales performance and don't give a **** about us.

Last edited:
Okay I'm on WTC 700 now. Any tips guys?
I'm currently running the M4 Gr.4 in those races. You can't tweak it a lot PP-wise, just a turbo and customisable gearbox which gets you around 650PP. Spent the last couple of days trying to improve at Deep Forest. 10th and then 7th yesterday. A bit more gearbox tweaking and I managed 3rd at lunchtime. That was on RH with one stop and leave the tyres. Not sure if RM would make enough difference, I need about 2 seconds a lap but no point if I have to change the tyres too.

I would prefer to get more of them. My collector level has gone up like 8 points since I finished the Cafe menus and I have received nothing for it. Roulette tickets would be better than nothing...
Would be awesome to get a roulette ticket every 100 or 200 miles driven.

And again after all this, some still don't understand that's not about not wanting to play to get things right away, it's about having a fair shot at getting it in a reasonnable time frame.

I've kept it shut for now, but seriously some people are really obtus at getting a simple point.
Issue is that "a reasonable time frame" means different things to different people. To me, 250-300 hours to earn enough credits to buy all base game cars sounds about right. I bet to most, maybe someone who hasn't played many GAAS games or just enjoys playing single player offline games, that sounds like an insane amount of time.

Last edited:
Im watching the Forza Horizon 5 Lets Go Series 6 and the guy named Chris (Principle Car Content Designer at Playground Games) was asked what he was playing lately and he answered GT7. Its just nice to hear people working on different platforms enjoying games from there main competitor and just telling it on there live stream.

Im watching the Forza Horizon 5 Lets Go Series 6 and the guy named Chris (Principle Car Content Designer at Playground Games) was asked what he was playing lately and he answered GT7. Its just nice to hear people working on different platforms enjoying games from there main competitor and just telling it on there live stream.
It's also nice to know that Playground probably realize what is happening on GT7 and is cognizant enough of bad publicity to not go down the same road in game economy wise, as much as some on this forum want to stomp up and down saying that they are worse then the devil.

That is a nice thing to hear. I am so sick of Kaz' pride where he claims he doesn't pay attention to other games. I think secretly he does he just is too prideful to admit it. And it is apparent that whatever other game(s) he plays must be mobile garbage if he thinks MTX is the best way to design a game economy.

Gran Turismo 7 Is Still Number 1 In Sales Charts Despite Controversy

Not surprised it's kept no.1 in the UK. It's been advertised everywhere, all over primetime TV ad breaks, all over the main PSN pages, all over store displays, social media, everywhere.

Back