Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,374 comments
Thanks to the Stratos being a car of similar age and performance, and no thanks to the UCD/LCD rotations, I finally saw one of these in-game:
1648067279290.png

Porsche cup at Maggiore being a pain, can finish second and 6 tenths away, Just need too stop making mistakes at the same bit, at the esses keep running onto the red tarmaccy stuff to the left and losing time, just gotta be smooth on the steering or back end wil be coming round lol

Last edited:
The only other games I'm heavily invested in on console are ProjectCARS 2 and Dirt Rally 2.0.

I can't play either because a launch edition PS4 outputting to an 85" TV turns the game into jello.

Driving the Aegentinian stages on Dirt Rally 2.0 on that TV is like watching an onboard camera from the 90s.

Instant migraine four corners into a stage lol

And funnily enough I also have these games in my Steam library so 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

The only game I'll miss is Spiderman.
Yes, you are right, I play it mostly on XSX, so almost 4K for PC2 and 4K for DR2. PC1 or AC is in FHD anyway.

Good, I have them all too. :D Better safe than sorry. Older F1s are gone forever.

Spiderman is great, my only non-racing game I played in last 12 months.

Anyone else not being able to open or apply liveries because the decals disappear once you select it?
Yes. I wanted to port over my Tribali Beetle livery from Sport and after I did now every time I apply it I have the same issue of decals disappearing.

Yes. I wanted to port over my Tribali Beetle livery from Sport and after I did now every time I apply it I have the same issue of decals disappearing.
Unless all the decals were PD content, or your own that you had shared in GTS, they probably won't show up. If you added other people's to your collection in GTS, unless those people have also bought GT7 AND remembered to reshare those decals on GT7, they won't show up. You'll have to find them again or find equivalents or make your own and apply them to your livery. My Stratos rally livery came across intact, my NAPA Racing Focus didn't and I had to add fresh stuff back in.

Unless all the decals were PD content, or your own that you had shared in GTS, they probably won't show up. If you added other people's to your collection in GTS, unless those people have also bought GT7 AND remembered to reshare those decals on GT7, they won't show up. You'll have to find them again or find equivalents or make your own and apply them to your livery. My Stratos rally livery came across intact, my NAPA Racing Focus didn't and I had to add fresh stuff back in.
Yes but if you make another livery you can't apply the previous one no matter if you're imported it or make it in gt7! It was a known issue that was in the patch notes of 1.07 but is not fixed!

Last edited:
I experienced exactly that at Deep Forest in the Nissan GT-R '94 car for the Daily Race. The car simply stopped turning completely and just coasted into the wall. It's not my equipment as I replaced my F1 Podium wheelbase with the GT DD Pro equipment and it did the same thing. I also tried a YT setup, same thing. Anytime I 'missed' the apex and came in even just slightly fast, the car did that. It's why I had to use the VGT car for that daily race. I did also try the GT-R Nur '02 car and it had no problems. Very odd.

Jerome
I hate replying to myself but I heard that this may be due not having the sensitivity set to auto on the fanatec wheelbase.

Jerome

I hate replying to myself but I heard that this may be due not having the sensitivity set to auto on the fanatec wheelbase.

Jerome
I would try to replicate the same driving technique on different tracks, to eliminate variables. Someone mentioned that the cars can bottom out from the wheel wells to the tyre causing friction, which if isn't just a rumor then it would be interesting

Who said the reason to buy it is to complete the game? Maybe, folks want to just buy it so they can enjoy it.

After all, that's been half the arguments made defending the unbalanced in-game economy. "I'm not worried about money, I just enjoy driving the cars".
Some things you have to wait for. If you're relying on a few ultra-expensive cars for your fun, you're doing it wrong.
If there's no use for the car, or as others argue, "intended to be purchased later on", why is it showing up at this point in rotation? If it has no use, why even show up at all?
Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to buy it.
Why bother buying any car in this game, then.
Not every car is ridiculously expensive. Most can be used to complete the events (or redo them multiple times).
If a store offered bags of human vomit and dog turds for sale, would you defend their right to sell them because you don't have to buy them? What about Swastika flags?
I may not agree with the sale but if they want to sell them, that's their choice.
But what if someone wants to buy and drive the car but doesn't want to spend hundreds of hours grinding, or hundreds of dollars of their hard-earned cash to do so?
Then they'll have to wait I guess.

Last edited:
Seems a bit trivial to call everyone else "not playing the game right" . The issue is a lot of people think it's unfair, even people who don't normally care for a GT game, AND several people that do. All types of people from all walks of life are saying the same thing: the MTX in GT7, is corporate greed pushing the boundaries.

Last edited:
I may not agree with the sale but if they want to sell them, that's their choice
Great, well we do not agree with the sale of these cars at extortionate prices.
Then they'll have to wait I guess.
You don't say. People don't want to wait ludicrous amounts of time. That's why they're taking such issue with it. But somehow you're still confused why people would review bomb the game over it? You're confused that people take issue that acquiring all cars could end up taking upwards of 4,000 hours?

It's not just about one car. The McLaren is just the big example of how ludicrous it is.

Last edited:
Some things you have to wait for. If you're relying on a few ultra-expensive cars for your fun, you're doing it wrong.
Who said those are the only cars one's relying on? Maybe they're been playing with their cars since release & want to buy an ultra-expensive car because it finally appeared & it's a car they like?
Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to buy it.
Besides the fact PD clearly want people to buy it by A) it's actual inclusion in the game, B) the game puts an emphasis on collecting cars, or C) it likely contributes to a Trophy.
Not every car is ridiculously expensive. Most can be used to complete the events (or redo them multiple times).
That doesn't excuse the argument you presented: "Why buy it if it's just going to be taken out for 10 minutes and then stuffed into the back of the garage?"

I could present this argument for any car in the game someone wants to buy at some point, regardless of cost. Why do so many people want the R34? They're just gonna get it, win some races with it, and then throw it in the garage... or, they might actually spend a considerable amount of time with it because it's one of their favorite cars ever. I'm sure something like the F1 definitely ticks those boxes for many.

Last edited:
Great, well we do not agree with the sale of these cars at extortionate prices.
And that's OK!
You don't say. People don't want to wait ludicrous amounts of time. That's why they're taking such issue with it. But somehow you're still confused why people would review bomb the game over it? You're confused that people take issue that acquiring all cars could end up taking upwards of 4,000 hours?

It's not just about one car. The McLaren is just the big example of how ludicrous it is.
Why don't people want to wait? I do not understand this logic.
Who said those are the only cars one's relying on? Maybe they're been playing with their cars since release & want to buy an ultra-expensive car because it finally appeared & it's a car they like?
If they have the money to afford it then yes, they should buy it. If not they'll have to save for it or forget about it.
That doesn't excuse the argument you presented: "Why buy it if it's just going to be taken out for 10 minutes and then stuffed into the back of the garage?"

I could present this argument for any car in the game someone wants to buy at some point, regardless of cost.
You could but you'd then realise that there's an event for most cars in the game.

Er, because it's not just waiting? You've got to drive for upwards of 4000 hours, depending on which area of the game you prefer. That is up to 1500% longer than GT4.

People like driving and racing, most people do not have the time or inclination to drive for that long just so that they can drive all the cars.

aint nobody got time for that GIF

Do you know how long 4000 hours is, if I play for 10 hours a week, every week, starting today? I'll have all the cars around November 2030.

Last edited:
And that's OK!

I think anyone can wait, but forcing people to wait can be an issue. Give them the choice. What if you just bought a game and realise you have to grind for several hours before you start having fun? Compared to playing another, better game? Don't we all play games for fun? If a person is not having fun because they're waiting too long, why would they like or want to play that game? I'm going off tangent trying to explain that. Man right about now, I really hate that tall poppy syndrome is ingrained in Australian culture to this degree... lol I give up..

Last edited:
You could but you'd then realise that there's an event for most cars in the game.
As I addressed in my edit: Why do so many people want the R34? They're just gonna get it, win some races with it, and then throw it in the garage... or, they might actually spend a considerable amount of time with it because it's one of their favorite cars ever. I'm sure something like the F1 definitely ticks those boxes for many.

There is no argument being made to bypass waiting. I do not mind waiting to finally get something like the McLaren. But, there is a clear difference between waiting 30+ hours to get it through racing, or waiting 15-20 hours. A significant amount of time gets cut, effort is still there, & the car is still capable of being grinded for by many when it's got a 4-5 day window compared to now where, as been said many times, is clearly structured to make folks think about putting real world money towards it b/c it disappears for 1-2 months.

Last edited:
Porsche cup at Maggiore being a pain, can finish second and 6 tenths away, Just need too stop making mistakes at the same bit, at the esses keep running onto the red tarmaccy stuff to the left and losing time, just gotta be smooth on the steering or back end wil be coming round lol
I find using the Taycan helps a bit.

Er, because it's not just waiting? You've got to drive for upwards of 4000 hours, depending on which area of the game you prefer. That is up to 1500% longer than GT4.

People like driving and racing, most people do not have the time or inclination to drive for that long just so that they can drive all the cars.

aint nobody got time for that GIF
Preach Samus Preach!

As I addressed in my edit: Why do so many people want the R34? They're just gonna get it, win some races with it, and then throw it in the garage... or, they might actually spend a considerable amount of time with it because it's one of their favorite cars ever. I'm sure something like the F1 definitely ticks those boxes for many.

There is no argument being made to bypass waiting. I do not mind waiting to finally get something like the McLaren. But, there is a clear difference between waiting 30+ hours to get it through racing, or waiting 15-20 hours. A significant amount of time gets cut, effort is still there, & the car is still capable of being grinded for by many when it's got a 4-5 day window compared to now where, as been said many times, is clearly structured to make folks think about putting real world money towards it b/c it disappears for 1-2 months.
Good to know that you're willing to work for it if the terms are reasonable.

Back