Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,374 comments
I noted this game has severla pretty poor "default tuning settings" in many cars. I mean, some cars you REALLy need to tune them so they can work well.
Happens even in cheap common hatchbacks, that have ridiculous oversteer on braking, and you need to tune the braking system, which is totally not necessary IRL.
I hear ya. I hope this car has a tune that can bring it round, it's a pretty automobile... drives like an angry goat tho lol

Hi!

Not so much advanced in the game as I went on holidays, and I'm reading the news about MTX/Rewards etc.

Do you need to buy expensive cars to be eligible to some end-game content, or you can still pretty much do everything with a 900hp Corvette? Like to access the WEC races you need to buy 10m high-end Porsche 919 ? And you'll never get to 10m with conventional career progression, you'll never win one car eligible to the championship? We are sort of obliged to use more of real cash?

As far as I am concerned, I don't give a damn "collecting" cars in a game. The game physics is not advanced enough to make me spend real cash to buy a Jaguar Type-D or a McLaren F1. In my experience of Gatcha games , like Saint Seiya Awakening (I spent way too much there), "buying" new characters is really interesting; in the case of Saint Seiya you get new characters which have their own powers and it's actually all very smart, it renews the game indefinitely, like if you'd be buying new chess rules and develop new strategies etc. Buying a 20m credit car in GT7, no thanks I don't care... What more would I do with a unicorn that I can't do with a good old tuned NSX, in terms of Fun. The experience is not enhanced by adding unicorns to your garage.

Going back to my own experience in GT7, I'm really enjoying driving those old Japanese greats for the 90's. For me that's where my interest in GT7 really is , and it indeed reminds me a lot of my old times in GT1 / 2 / 3. The current list of cars is really poor for European cars, just to name a few: the McLaren are really outdated, we only have the first gen of Audi R8 when the second one is already 7 years old and so on , and so on... I would have liked to try a recent BMW M1/M2/M4/M5/M8 but...

The chase the rabbit races are really weird and don't really work anymore but the driving feel is really good. Some of the missions are dreadful, some can get intense. Clearly the content is limited and prove they did not invest a lot of time planning what we used to call the GT Mode. I don't get the Café thing; why is there no one is this café by the way, show players in there, put a big parking lot for players to show off! add life to the game For F... Sake! like any MMORPG...

I don't know how it's possible to have near zero creativity in developing interesting championships or challenges for players. The possibilities are infinite.

I don't understand how they can legally decrease the rewards in a game that is already on market. If you add expensive DLC content during the life of the game, yeah why not, some players are ok with that, but limiting the development of all players careers because ... wait we want more cash from them, surely we are in a different legal territory.

WEC races currently don't exist in the game, actually anything above what are effectively Gr.3 events don't exist
Yeah. This is why i have feeling that we have got only first half of the intended career mode, and PD's "solution" to bad payouts is this other half of the career...

WEC races currently don't exist in the game, actually anything above what are effectively Gr.3 events don't exist

Well, if we take "half an hour events with no multiclass support and fields mixing up Group C cars with modern age prototypes and high concept contraptions powered by magic" as WEC races.

Last edited:
Do you need to buy expensive cars to be eligible to some end-game content, or you can still pretty much do everything with a 900hp Corvette? Like to access the WEC races you need to buy 10m high-end Porsche 919 ?
You do not need to buy a 919 for the World GT Series or the World Touring Car 700/800 events. The AI opponents for those are all Gr.3 (WGTS and 800) or Gr.4 cars (700), but there is still the option to race and modify high-end road cars against them as long as they're on racing tyres and fit within the PP parameters. With a few notable exceptions (such as the various Ford GT race models), the majority of Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars from Brand Central are also fairly priced at about 350,000 or 450,000 credits each respectively.

There are other LMP1 prototypes available (such as the Toyota TS050) which are a third of the cost of the 919 (3 million credits in Brand Central), but there are no Gr.1 events in World Circuit which utilise these yet. At the moment, they are most useful for Arcade and Custom races along with the 'Le Mans - 24 Minutes' mission (The Sun Also Rises) if you haven't already completed that.

Last edited:
Currently on Race of Turbo Sports Car and I thought what the hell let's use the GR Supra Race Car.

By far, the most grippy thing I drive in the game. It's almost cheating here lol

Perhaps so yes. I hope everything will be professionally handled.

Us fans/players should write a joint letter or do a survey or whatever, so that our opinions are clear. Reviewbombing metacritic is not the correct way imo. Can you even call yourself a fan, if you go on this route (now when I think about it)? This partly ruins the reputation of the game.. GTS went all the way up to update 1.5, started from 1.0X something..

Man some people need to learn to give constructive critics. 🤔 Also trying to pressure/influence others with more positive views to become negative and join the boycott/complainer boat etc. Get a life.

I am sure those rich persons who actually buy MTX are wiping their tears of joy now with dollar bills, reading all the chaos ensuing on forums, while enjoying their drive with 917K and F1, and the rest of the expensive cars (not expensive for them). 😎

Me? A fan and grinder if needed, GT7 just a game, it has both good and bad things, fix the online game modes (sport mode and lobbies), increase the rewards slightly and voila'. It is all sorted out.

Welcome to 2022, where games never work fully at release, this is not the PS2 era anymore I am afraid, MTX considered pretty much a norm these days. This is gaming in 2022.

Side note (a bit off topic): F1 used to be for free in Finland. Now it costs at least like 13€/month to watch it.
Neither I nor the user I replied to mentioned review bombing so I really don’t know why you’re mentioning it…

But I’ll bite. I saw your previous message on here so I’m pretty sure I have a good idea of what your views on are the matter. I’m fully against review bombing for the sake of it too but unfortunately with companies like PD/Sony the only way to get to them is by hitting their wallets. Review bombing actually makes a difference since it makes people think twice about buying the game. Heads have rolled for things like this before so people can review bomb all they want. They’re fighting for what they want because they probably can’t get a refund now.

Would people much rather put out constructive criticism in some town hall type conversation with Kaz/PD? Absolutely! When has that ever happened before though?

Kaz/PD have never really listened. The only time they’ve listened and done something about it is when GT Sport didn’t sell well because it didn’t have a classic GT single player mode. I was able to pick it up a few weeks after release for a 1/3 of the price. And even then the only reason I bought it at that price was because they promised single player content.

GT7 was supposed to be a return to the old games GT mode, Kaz actually promised that. For me they’re an out of touch developer that doesn’t listen to its fans, Kaz runs the ship there like he knows what’s best for us but the truth is he’s running his franchise into the ground. They’ve clearly cut a lot of content and the work they’ve done since Sport is minimal. It’s quite obvious how badly managed the studio is. Sony won’t take that for much longer trust me.

And if you think Sony is to blame for all of this then think again because they’ve never done anything close to this bad before with any of their important franchises. Teams get time and money to get it right before release and Sony is know for being a great publisher for this reason. This is Kaz’s doing whether we like it or not. There will be a lot of pressure on him from above so let’s see what happens. And yes it is 2022 and MTXs have existed for a very long time but this is a full priced AAA game by a first party studio. These games are meant to help to sell consoles not turn people off your brand. They’re also not there to rip off consumers, they leave that to 3rd party publishers and free to play games. Not only that but Gran Turismo is one of Sony’s all time best selling franchises, a name synonymous with PlayStation. It’s franchise suicide to be this ignorant and it will leave a very bad taste in people’s mouths. Losing millions of customers will hurt Sony and they won’t stand for it, they don’t care if a few people like yourself want to stand with Kaz/PD because you’re a “fan”, this isn’t a sports team mate.

And what is up your little message about rich people not caring? That’s super weird. Do you even understand what you’re saying? There are many people on here with well paying jobs that can afford to buy those MTXs if they really wanted to, me included, but I wouldn’t. Why? Because they don’t deserve it for their disgraceful game economy and lazy development. And paying for cars with real money isn’t the point of a GT game. Also you do realise that buying 2 of those Cr 20m cars would cost as much as a PS5 console, right? No “rich” person that has actually made their money and didn’t inherit it is stupid enough to waste their money on that. Think about what you say as there are also some people reading this can’t afford this for various reasons beyond their control and it’s extremely disrespectful of you.

Oh and F1 used to be free here in the UK too but now it’s on Sky. I pay monthly to watch it and guess what, I don’t have to pay extra to watch each session as it’s all included in the price they quoted me. This doesn’t help your argument.

Last edited:
You do not need to buy a 919 for the World GT Series or the World Touring Car 700/800 events. The AI opponents for those are all Gr.3 (WGTS and 800) or Gr.4 cars (700), but there is still the option to race and modify high-end road cars against them as long as they're on racing tyres and fit within the PP parameters. With a few notable exceptions (such as the various Ford GT race models), the majority of Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars from Brand Central are also fairly priced at about 350,000 or 450,000 credits each respectively.

There are other LMP1 prototypes available (such as the Toyota TS050) which are a third of the cost of the 919 (3 million credits in Brand Central), but there are no Gr.1 events in World Circuit which utilise these yet. At the moment, they are most useful for Arcade and Custom races along with the 'Le Mans - 24 Minutes' mission (The Sun Also Rises) if you haven't already completed that.
I see thanks. So it's still playable all the way through - for now.

What annoyed me most in what Yamauchi said, is the choice to replicate real market prices to a video game and reflect the same conditions. A rich kid will buy all legendary cars when normal ones will race him in a tuned Golf GTI, just like in real life ! That's most disturbing. Video games is about abolishing all that stuff, and he is willingly putting that into GT7...

I think we are closer to get NFT in GT7 every day. They'll issue a thousand of Ferrari 296 GTB and they'll be exchanged in some bitcoin fest for thousands of $/€/£.... When PD will want more money they'll issue another set of thousand Ferrari 296 GTB.

Can I just say, the Carrera GT is FAAASSTT!! Lunchtime I literally just added RH tyres to give it some chance of cornering, but nothing else and even with my abysmal driving and a semi-wet lap, it thrashed the 5 lap Porsche Cup race at Spa. I'd struggled for 3rd first time around in a tuned 993 with a much higher PP rating. The GT was just so sweet to drive.

The only issue with the money for applying styles is that I'm fairly sure you can upload a style using anyones decals on it. Would be kinda lame for the uploader to get a kickback on a car that's just a compilation of other folks assets.

Colors of GT-R Nismo GT500 '16.
1648049050894.png

The only issue with the money for applying styles is that I'm fairly sure you can upload a style using anyones decals on it. Would be kinda lame for the uploader to get a kickback on a car that's just a compilation of other folks assets.
True. And you can't pay decal creators because you are very quickly going to run into potential copyright infringement. Or just "we don't want our brand associated with that other brand" issues. Which must already be a consideration for PD actually. I can't speak for GT7 yet because I haven't checked, but in GTS, the usual 3 pages of brand logos is cut to a short 1 page list if you're trying to livery a Ferrari.

I hope you're right, but I have not found this to be the case. I've done a custom race against the AI on Professional where we were in the exact same car (GT-R 34 at ~600PP) right from my garage, around the Nurburgring 24h. By the time we hit the Nord, I was 1.5 seconds ahead; about 30 seconds later I was up by well over 3 seconds and climbing fast.
What tyres are you using? when you chose a car from the garage to the ai, the ai always uses the original tyres of the car, like sports hard.

Does anyone else think that the braking warning in the gears area is useless?
It always says "brake" when it's too late to brake, you have to do it when it's bright red.
I miss the double cone...

What tyres are you using? when you chose a car from the garage to the ai, the ai always uses the original tyres of the car, like sports hard.

It always says "brake" when it's too late to brake, you have to do it when it's bright red.
Not just me then! Yep, that indicator really is "Why aren't you braking already?" I much preferred the cones in GTS. TBF, the indicator in GTS was equally useless, but in the other direction. I think it was calibrated on Comfort tyres because if you braked on the indicator on anything vaguely sticky, the entire pack would fly back past you while you stopped 30m early!

Interesting point. I had the sports softs on but I think it came with sports hards. I'll have to confirm, swap my tires, and try again. Thanks.

And yes, totally useless. I turned off the big read one but you can't turn off the little one. It's either too early, or too late most of the time... it's distracting. Wish I could turn it off without turning off the whole HUD.

So you lock the livery from being sold if it detects someone else’s work. A certain competitor has this implemented.

True. And you can't pay decal creators because you are very quickly going to run into potential copyright infringement. Or just "we don't want our brand associated with that other brand" issues. Which must already be a consideration for PD actually. I can't speak for GT7 yet because I haven't checked, but in GTS, the usual 3 pages of brand logos is cut to a short 1 page list if you're trying to livery a Ferrari.
They’re getting paid in virtual credits that only exist in the game. I highly doubt copyright claims will come if they haven’t already in a certain other game for years.

They’re getting paid in virtual credits that only exist in the game. I highly doubt copyright claims will come if they haven’t already in a certain other game for years.
Possibly. I do find the Ferrari thing interesting though. The only fuel company featured is Shell for example. I can obviously choose to create my own BP logo and apply it. Realistically, Ferrari are never going to notice but, theoretically, would they object and, if so, on what grounds?

I think the exact opposite tbh, if you start braking when the icon starts flashing you're gonna be slowed up way early to where you sometimes need to pop the throttle a little to get you to the turn in point.

I think the exact opposite tbh, if you start braking when the icon starts flashing you're gonna be slowed up way early to where you sometimes need to pop the throttle a little to get you to the turn in point.
And I’m in the middle. There’s times where I need to brake early and times where I can break later. It’s just a guideline to help you find your breaking points. I use the breaking area as a reminder that not all corners are to be taken flat. Especially when not concentrating 😝

Oh god, it's hillarously bad.

Just gave it a go.

Me: I'd like to turn a corner please

It: You mean oversteer wildly?

Me: No, turn a corner.

It: Oversteer wildly, at 35mph, on a steady throttle. Got it.
I didn't think it was too bad. Better to drive than the 308.

I hear ya. I hope this car has a tune that can bring it round, it's a pretty automobile... drives like an angry goat tho lol
I'm not a super expert in tuning but once you lesrn the tuning basics you can completely change a car behavior very easily, you only need fully customizable suspension, differential, and brake bias and start tweaking some values here and there

The Lancia Stratos is great fun to chuck around and steer with the rear, just a shame it sounds crap! Why oh why can't they do decent sounds?
Stratos notoriously has that sound. It's not the game, it's simply not a great sounding car... Love it thou

Back